Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Official Kevin Pangos to Barcelona - New Euroleague chapter begins

Good luck to Kevin and his family.

Thanks for the update, it's a shame KP won't be playing under his old coach. Kevin's injury really hampered any second season improvement at Barca. There was plenty of interest from other Euroleague teams, but the money obviously was more important than the weather....

Kevin with an impressive Euroleague win today: 23 points and 7 assists as Zenit St. Petersburg prevailed over Anadolu Efes Istanbul 73-69. Box Score

From Eurohoops.net: "Kevin Pangos drops 23, Zenit stuns Efes in EuroLeague opener"

Kevin Pangos stepped up big time to lead Zenit to victory against Efes in the EuroLeague opener

Zenit St. Petersburg came out feisty in Istanbul to defeat Anadolu Efes 73-69 in the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague opener, led by an outstanding performance by Kevin Pangos. The French guard posted 23 points, 7 assists and with a few decisive shots across the second half, he turned the tables of the game in Zenit’s favour.

Pangos scored 18 of his total 23 points during the second half, as the Russian side returned from a five-point deficit in the fourth period and with a partial 24-15 run managed to outran their hosts to achieve their first victory of the season.
    After an awkward first half that ended with both teams at 26 points, Krunoslav Simon and Rodrigue Beaubois took charge early in the third period as the hosts were up with a 14-5 run. Pangos helped the visiting team stay in touch with the deficit, after hitting back-to-back off-balance threes at the buzzer, though Efes was still up 54-49 after 30′.

The French guard?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    The French guard?
    Maybe they don't know there is a difference between Quebec & Ontario, web!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Maybe they don't know there is a difference between Quebec & Ontario, web!
    Maybe we're using some sort of transitive property where Ontario = Canada and Canada = France?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

KP goes against his former team on Friday. Zenit plays at Barça at 9:00 a.m. pacific time. Barça's favored to win the Euroleague this year I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    KP goes against his former team on Friday. Zenit plays at Barça at 9:00 a.m. pacific time. Barça's favored to win the Euroleague this year I think.
    game's actually in St. Petersburg

Zenit won and moved to 2-0 in Euroleague, but then most of the squad got corona virus and they had to forfeit their 3rd round game 20-0. Now they're 2-1.

Other Euroleague news of possible interest to Zag fans: Zalgiris is 3-0! Good start.

Zenit won and moved to 2-0 in Euroleague, but then most of the squad got corona virus and they had to forfeit their 3rd round game 20-0. Now they're 2-1.

Other Euroleague news of possible interest to Zag fans: Zalgiris is 3-0! Good start.

KP was one of those that came down with Covid.

He really was off to a fantastic start to the season, but I am sure this is nothing.

Zenit had to forfeit their 4th round game too. Now they're 2-2.

Zalgiris beat Efes yesterday and looked good while doing it. Now they're 4-0.

Should the NFL start giving forfeits to teams who can't pass COVID muster ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    ... but I am sure this is nothing.
    Cough, cough. Big sigh.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Should the NFL start giving forfeits to teams who can't pass COVID muster ?
    I think so and I think that teams that have to forfeit should also pay the game check for the other team.
    THAT team should not have to lose pay for somebody else's mistake.
    It's not funny.

Euroleague reversed course. Zenit is no longer forfeiting the two games it missed due to Covid. Now the games will be rescheduled.

Very cool!

Euroleague reversed course. Zenit is no longer forfeiting the two games it missed due to Covid. Now the games will be rescheduled.

Zenit's round 6 game against Panathinaikos is suspended because Panathinaikos has to quarantine.

https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/ay...game-suspended

Two of Zenit's previously suspended games have been rescheduled. They're still sitting at 2-0.

https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/ay...cheduled-games

Zenit's round 6 game against Panathinaikos is suspended because Panathinaikos has to quarantine.
    I hate to be a debbie downer but I don't see anyone can realistically look at whats happening there & think this isn't a portent of the future for the NCAA. We're going to see games cancelled left and right.

It really just boils down to basic arithmetic and the numbers aren't good. Thankfully the athletes are low-risk cases but we still don't know the science of the longer term health consequences and all it's gonna take is 1 athlete with an undiagnosed underlying illness to die and topple this house of cards season.

I'm absolutely gutted for Mark Few to be dealing with this at essentially the peak of his coaching career but I'm really not optimistic about how this season will transpire. (nor the desirability of trying to push it through when one considers the ethical implications.)

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    I hate to be a debbie downer but I don't see anyone can realistically look at whats happening there & think this isn't a portent of the future for the NCAA. We're going to see games cancelled left and right.

It really just boils down to basic arithmetic and the numbers aren't good. Thankfully the athletes are low-risk cases but we still don't know the science of the longer term health consequences and all it's gonna take is 1 athlete with an undiagnosed underlying illness to die and topple this house of cards season.

I'm absolutely gutted for Mark Few to be dealing with this at essentially the peak of his coaching career but I'm really not optimistic about how this season will transpire. (nor the desirability of trying to push it through when one considers the ethical implications.)
    You may be right. If so, I recommend watching Euroleague to anyone missing basketball. It's a great product.

Zalgiris just won a tight one. They're 5-1.