Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 69 of 69

Thread: It's Official Kevin Pangos to Barcelona - New Euroleague chapter begins

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Good luck to Kevin and his family.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Thanks for the update, it's a shame KP won't be playing under his old coach. Kevin's injury really hampered any second season improvement at Barca. There was plenty of interest from other Euroleague teams, but the money obviously was more important than the weather....

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane South Side
    Posts
    17,184

    Default

    Kevin with an impressive Euroleague win today: 23 points and 7 assists as Zenit St. Petersburg prevailed over Anadolu Efes Istanbul 73-69. Box Score

    From Eurohoops.net: "Kevin Pangos drops 23, Zenit stuns Efes in EuroLeague opener"

    Kevin Pangos stepped up big time to lead Zenit to victory against Efes in the EuroLeague opener

    Zenit St. Petersburg came out feisty in Istanbul to defeat Anadolu Efes 73-69 in the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague opener, led by an outstanding performance by Kevin Pangos. The French guard posted 23 points, 7 assists and with a few decisive shots across the second half, he turned the tables of the game in Zenit’s favour.

    Pangos scored 18 of his total 23 points during the second half, as the Russian side returned from a five-point deficit in the fourth period and with a partial 24-15 run managed to outran their hosts to achieve their first victory of the season.
    After an awkward first half that ended with both teams at 26 points, Krunoslav Simon and Rodrigue Beaubois took charge early in the third period as the hosts were up with a 14-5 run. Pangos helped the visiting team stay in touch with the deficit, after hitting back-to-back off-balance threes at the buzzer, though Efes was still up 54-49 after 30′.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    The French guard?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    The French guard?
    Maybe they don't know there is a difference between Quebec & Ontario, web!
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Maybe they don't know there is a difference between Quebec & Ontario, web!
    Maybe we're using some sort of transitive property where Ontario = Canada and Canada = France?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    KP goes against his former team on Friday. Zenit plays at Barça at 9:00 a.m. pacific time. Barça's favored to win the Euroleague this year I think.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    KP goes against his former team on Friday. Zenit plays at Barça at 9:00 a.m. pacific time. Barça's favored to win the Euroleague this year I think.
    game's actually in St. Petersburg

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Zenit won and moved to 2-0 in Euroleague, but then most of the squad got corona virus and they had to forfeit their 3rd round game 20-0. Now they're 2-1.

    Other Euroleague news of possible interest to Zag fans: Zalgiris is 3-0! Good start.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Zenit won and moved to 2-0 in Euroleague, but then most of the squad got corona virus and they had to forfeit their 3rd round game 20-0. Now they're 2-1.

    Other Euroleague news of possible interest to Zag fans: Zalgiris is 3-0! Good start.


    KP was one of those that came down with Covid.


    He really was off to a fantastic start to the season, but I am sure this is nothing.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Zenit had to forfeit their 4th round game too. Now they're 2-2.

    Zalgiris beat Efes yesterday and looked good while doing it. Now they're 4-0.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,633

    Default

    Should the NFL start giving forfeits to teams who can't pass COVID muster ?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    ... but I am sure this is nothing.
    Cough, cough. Big sigh.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Should the NFL start giving forfeits to teams who can't pass COVID muster ?
    I think so and I think that teams that have to forfeit should also pay the game check for the other team.
    THAT team should not have to lose pay for somebody else's mistake.
    It's not funny.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Euroleague reversed course. Zenit is no longer forfeiting the two games it missed due to Covid. Now the games will be rescheduled.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane South Side
    Posts
    17,184

    Default

    Very cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Euroleague reversed course. Zenit is no longer forfeiting the two games it missed due to Covid. Now the games will be rescheduled.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Zenit's round 6 game against Panathinaikos is suspended because Panathinaikos has to quarantine.

    https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/ay...game-suspended

    Two of Zenit's previously suspended games have been rescheduled. They're still sitting at 2-0.

    https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/ay...cheduled-games

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Zenit's round 6 game against Panathinaikos is suspended because Panathinaikos has to quarantine.
    I hate to be a debbie downer but I don't see anyone can realistically look at whats happening there & think this isn't a portent of the future for the NCAA. We're going to see games cancelled left and right.

    It really just boils down to basic arithmetic and the numbers aren't good. Thankfully the athletes are low-risk cases but we still don't know the science of the longer term health consequences and all it's gonna take is 1 athlete with an undiagnosed underlying illness to die and topple this house of cards season.

    I'm absolutely gutted for Mark Few to be dealing with this at essentially the peak of his coaching career but I'm really not optimistic about how this season will transpire. (nor the desirability of trying to push it through when one considers the ethical implications.)

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    I hate to be a debbie downer but I don't see anyone can realistically look at whats happening there & think this isn't a portent of the future for the NCAA. We're going to see games cancelled left and right.

    It really just boils down to basic arithmetic and the numbers aren't good. Thankfully the athletes are low-risk cases but we still don't know the science of the longer term health consequences and all it's gonna take is 1 athlete with an undiagnosed underlying illness to die and topple this house of cards season.

    I'm absolutely gutted for Mark Few to be dealing with this at essentially the peak of his coaching career but I'm really not optimistic about how this season will transpire. (nor the desirability of trying to push it through when one considers the ethical implications.)
    You may be right. If so, I recommend watching Euroleague to anyone missing basketball. It's a great product.

    Zalgiris just won a tight one. They're 5-1.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •