Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 102

Thread: It's Official Kevin Pangos to Barcelona - New Euroleague chapter begins

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Kevin with a huge game for Zenit in a must win Euroleague game.

    33 points and 11 assists dominating Greek Side Panathinaikos for the second time this season.

    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...-the-playoffs/

    Link includes some highlights

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    1,083

    Default

    What a great Zag. Kevin was proof that as freshman for the Zags he could explode out of the gates. Good stuff.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote from the Euroleague site:

    "Pangos got his team over the hump Monday by doing something no player had done before in 9,579 EuroLeague games over the previous 20 seasons: score as many as 33 points while dishing as many as 11 assists".


    https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/bg...e-not-finished

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Quote from the Euroleague site:

    "Pangos got his team over the hump Monday by doing something no player had done before in 9,579 EuroLeague games over the previous 20 seasons: score as many as 33 points while dishing as many as 11 assists".


    https://www.euroleague.net/news/i/bg...e-not-finished
    But we don't play nobody.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    What a nice storyline for the first round of the playoffs. Kevin Pangos, now as a top dog on a playoff team in the Euroleague, faces off against Barcelona and his former coach from Zalgiris, Sarunas Jasikevicius (and former teammates in Brandon Davies and Leo Westerman).

    Barcelona looks like a much more talented team on paper, and naturally is a heavy favorite in a 1seed vs 8seed scenario, but in the Euroleague any playoff team can beat any playoff team. Go Kevin!

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    What a nice storyline for the first round of the playoffs. Kevin Pangos, now as a top dog on a playoff team in the Euroleague, faces off against Barcelona and his former coach from Zalgiris, Sarunas Jasikevicius (and former teammates in Brandon Davies and Leo Westerman).

    Barcelona looks like a much more talented team on paper, and naturally is a heavy favorite in a 1seed vs 8seed scenario, but in the Euroleague any playoff team can beat any playoff team. Go Kevin!
    Thanks for the update! Great to see Kevin doing so well in Europe. Not much separating 1-8 seeds in wins (24-20) so they definitely have more than a punchers chance.

    Best 2 out of 3 series, correct?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Thanks for the update! Great to see Kevin doing so well in Europe. Not much separating 1-8 seeds in wins (24-20) so they definitely have more than a punchers chance.

    Best 2 out of 3 series, correct?
    Whoever wins 3 games first. It's going to be hard, but there's a chance. Pascual is one of the greatest coaches in Europe so he probably won't be outcoached by Jasikevicius. It's going to be up to the players. And who knows, maybe Barcelona's stars get into a slump, or there's a COVID outbreak...

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Playoffs start today.
    Andalou Efes v Real Madrid at 10:00 a.m. (all times pacific)
    Olimpia Milano v Bayern Munich at 11:45
    Tomorrow
    CSKA v Fener at 10:00 a.m.
    Zenit (Kevin Pangos) v. Barca at 12:00 p.m.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Playoffs start today.
    Andalou Efes v Real Madrid at 10:00 a.m. (all times pacific)
    Olimpia Milano v Bayern Munich at 11:45
    Tomorrow
    CSKA v Fener at 10:00 a.m.
    Zenit (Kevin Pangos) v. Barca at 12:00 p.m.
    It was just announced that one of Zenit's leaders, Mateusz Ponitka, will likely miss the rest of the season due to injury. Things have just become even harder for Kevin and his team.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    It was just announced that one of Zenit's leaders, Mateusz Ponitka, will likely miss the rest of the season due to injury. Things have just become even harder for Kevin and his team.
    Oh well. I hope Kevin does well, but otherwise I don't like Zenit.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    What. A. Promo. Image. Against the legend himself.




  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Kevin is absolutely unconscious! 26 ranking points in just the first half... 14 points (5/5 FG, 3/3 3PT), 6 assists, 3 rebounds and 4 fouls drawn in 16 minutes against the #1 defense in the Euroleague.

    Zenit 48-34 Barcelona

    Go go go!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Kevin is absolutely unconscious! 26 ranking points in just the first half... 14 points (5/5 FG, 3/3 3PT), 6 assists, 3 rebounds and 4 fouls drawn in 16 minutes against the #1 defense in the Euroleague.

    Zenit 48-34 Barcelona

    Go go go!
    Barca coming back

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Barca coming back
    It's a W for Kevin! 33 ranking points, sheesh! His second highest of the season.

    Kevin's game winning points:

    https://twitter.com/AStroggylakis/st...73152808280064

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    19 points with a 33 PIR.

    https://www.euroleague.net/main/resu...asoncode=E2020

    A win against all odds really, already down W Ponitka, it looks like PF Gudiatis went down during the game as well.

    Must be sweet against his old club (who never really gave him a chance).

    Ironic that he and one of his best friends, Brandon Davies traded buckets at the very end and against his coach and Mentor (Sarunas Jasikevicus) when at Zalgiris..

    https://www.euroleague.net/main/resu...=E2020#!videos

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Exciting stuff! Talk about put the team on your back.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Efes crushing los Blancos so far.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Game 2 Barcelona v Zenit (KP) at noon pacific time

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Barcelona at Zenit is on in 25 minutes (10:00 a.m. pacific)

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Fat City
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Whoever Pau's guarding just sets a ball screen every time. He's getting destroyed.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    After a heartbreaking loss on overtime in game 2 (KP with 23 points), and a 2nd loss at home (KP 10 points) in game three, Zenit dominated Barcelona in Game 4 with a 74-61 victory.

    https://www.euroleague.net/main/resu...asoncode=E2020

    While Brandon Davies had been the dominant player in the 2nd and 3 games, Kevin controlled this one scoring 23 points and handing out 8 assists , whereas Brandon ended up with only 1 point and 2 rebounds.

    Back to Barcelona now for the decider........

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    After a heartbreaking loss on overtime in game 2 (KP with 23 points), and a 2nd loss at home (KP 10 points) in game three, Zenit dominated Barcelona in Game 4 with a 74-61 victory.

    https://www.euroleague.net/main/resu...asoncode=E2020

    While Brandon Davies had been the dominant player in the 2nd and 3 games, Kevin controlled this one scoring 23 points and handing out 8 assists , whereas Brandon ended up with only 1 point and 2 rebounds.

    Back to Barcelona now for the decider........
    Epic Gonzaga vs BYU duel there

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Pangos and his team ended up losing 2-3 to the much more talented team in Barcelona. Fantastic effort though.

    It also seems like Barcelona is interested in bringing Kevin back. Ha!

    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...so-interested/

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    Pangos and his team ended up losing 2-3 to the much more talented team in Barcelona. Fantastic effort though.

    It also seems like Barcelona is interested in bringing Kevin back. Ha!

    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...so-interested/
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ue-first-team/

    Kevin Pangos named to 2021 EuroLeague First Team

    Pangos comes off a fantastic season in which he led Zenit to its maiden EuroLeague Playoffs appearance with both his leadership and excellent play. He did not miss a single game all season and led Zenit in scoring (13.5 ppg.), three-pointers made (2.3 per game), assists (6.7 apg.) and PIR (14.8). Pangos ranked third in the league in assists and seventh in threes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBDb8gAjmY&t=4s

    Pangos to the NBA is a very strong possibility in 2022 if he opts to leave Europe.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Down Under, you know Opera house etc.
    Posts
    1,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...ue-first-team/

    Kevin Pangos named to 2021 EuroLeague First Team

    Pangos comes off a fantastic season in which he led Zenit to its maiden EuroLeague Playoffs appearance with both his leadership and excellent play. He did not miss a single game all season and led Zenit in scoring (13.5 ppg.), three-pointers made (2.3 per game), assists (6.7 apg.) and PIR (14.8). Pangos ranked third in the league in assists and seventh in threes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBDb8gAjmY&t=4s

    Pangos to the NBA is a very strong possibility in 2022 if he opts to leave Europe.
    Will be interesting to see if Toronto give him a chance.

    Nick Nurse coached him last year during the lead up and during the world championships and knows what he is capable of.

    Kevin is also likely to play again for Canada this summer at the (winner only advances) Olympic Qualifying tournament in Victoria.

    If Canada is successful then they would play in the Olympics which obviously is a very big deal.

    Kelly Olynyk is also considering playing but needs to get insurance as he is a free agent (unless he locks that up beforehand).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •