Thread: Eric McClellan to Pieno Zvaigzdes (Lithuania)

Default Eric McClellan to Pieno Zvaigzdes (Lithuania)

Eric just signed with a Lithuanian team based in a small town of Pasvalys (population of only 7,500; located more or less 24 miles from my city) called Pieno Zvaigzdes. The team placed 6th out of 10 in the previous LKL season (but they were 4th in the 2014-15 season). It seems they're building a completely new roster for this season. So far they have signed 3 guys.

Good luck to Eric. Hopefully he uses this as an opportunity to bump up his value and maybe get some offers from bigger European teams.

JStock! That is so cool! Thanks for sharing. Fingers crossed for Eric!

Eric's team got shellacked by Pangos old Zalgris team today, losing 66-103. (Box Score). Eric came away with 9 points, a rebound, and an assist.

His number is #23.

Just read a headline on the biggest Lithuanian news site which translates to "Pieno Zvaigzdes coach G. Petrauskas has sent E. McClellan away to the locker room during the game." During the post-game press conference a journalist asked the coach why McClellan went straight to the locker room with 5 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, coach said that Eric didn't leave by his own will, he was sent away... He didn't elaborate any further, but made some cryptic remarks about the lack of unity on the team and a bad working atmosphere... Weird. I don't remember anything like this happening before.

Very strange...

Donatas Urbonas
    ‏ @Urbodo
    8m8 minutes ago

Pieno zvaigzdes Pasvalys parted ways with former Zag 25 year old G Eric McClellan, who averaged 4.4 ppg in 14 minutes. McClellan had a conflict with coach Petrauskas who sent him to locker room with 5 minutes to play in last LKL game. Pasvalys on the market for replacement.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Wow. Disappointing ... Thanks for the find.

Too bad.
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?