Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Players produced by head coach Mark Few

Default Top Players produced by head coach Mark Few

https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/05/...ch-mark-few/4/

"This is about college accomplishments and nothing more, so it’s hard for me to include lottery pick Zach Collins on this list since there are other bigs for the Bulldogs who had a bigger impact on the program."

It is fun if you pick your own top 15 first, then compare ...

not close...a swing and a miss...
    Last edited by bartruff1; 07-25-2018 at 04:44 AM.

Extremely accurate
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Top 15 Players to Play for Head Coach Mark Few ..... The "produced" part in the thread title kinda perplexed me.

I suppose if it is kept at 15 that some of the current players will change the listing. Quite an elite group the current Zags.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Might move his rankings around a bit, and remove and add two or three, but a pretty good list.
    GO ZAGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/05/...ch-mark-few/4/

"This is about college accomplishments and nothing more, so it’s hard for me to include lottery pick Zach Collins on this list since there are other bigs for the Bulldogs who had a bigger impact on the program."

It is fun if you pick your own top 15 first, then compare ...
    If you don't include Collins, how can you include NGW?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Top 15 Players to Play for Head Coach Mark Few ..... The "produced" part in the thread title kinda perplexed me.

I suppose if it is kept at 15 that some of the current players will change the listing. Quite an elite group the current Zags.
    Have to put Shem ahead of Nigel for a couple of reasons: 1, Few essentially “produced” Shem 100%. Nigel, as a transfer,
    less so. NGW was probably around 75% “produced” when he arrived. 2. Shem returned Few’s investment in him with 137 wins, all time NCAA record. I stated on this board ad infinitude during the 16-17 season that I believed no other player in D-1 basketball was as valuable to his team in as many different ways (many intangible/non statistical) as Shemmick. Still believe it. Credit to Shem but, consistent with this thread, Few did helped produce that. Shem #4, maybe even higher, Nigel # 5.
    Last edited by MontanaCoyote; 07-25-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    If you don't include Collins, how can you include NGW?
    Not fair...

Kelly was our best player on perhaps the 3rd best team of this run. I'd say he is the biggest example of a players improvement while in the the program. He is probably tracking to have an NBA career as good any Few player, although I hold out hope Sabonis will continue to improve. KO should be a lot higher, probably top 3-5, but otherwise I like the list

I think the word “produced” is being taken too literally here. It’s the best to have played for MF. In that case it’s easy. Matt, DDD, Ammo, KO and the Bonus. No debate. Had Nigel stayed another year and won the Wooden, he probably edges in.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I think the word “produced” is being taken too literally here. It’s the best to have played for MF. In that case it’s easy. Matt, DDD, Ammo, KO and the Bonus. No debate. Had Nigel stayed another year and won the Wooden, he probably edges in.
    That's my top 5 as well. If Rui continues on his development and takes the big step forward this year as many hope.....does he supplant someone on this list?

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    That's my top 5 as well. If Rui continues on his development and takes the big step forward this year as many hope.....does he supplant someone on this list?
    If he stays 2 years, maybe. Don’t see him vaulting in only one. The leap would have to be quantum.

If we are talking the best players ...

NWG
    Stepp
    AMMO
    BONUS
    Olynyk

And that’s my starting five as well.

Olynyk HAS to be on this list. He is top 3 easy.

I’ve lowered my expectations a bit with Rui

he’s a man child that needs more maturing

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Olynyk HAS to be on this list. He is top 3 easy.
    Absolutely. Him, Ammo and the Bonus are nonpareil with respect to talent, motor and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I’ve lowered my expectations a bit with Rui

he’s a man child that needs more maturing
    Don’t...Rui is going to be a beast this year.

Kinda OT, kinda not:

This post got thinking...

Which four players go on Gonzaga's Mt. Rushmore?

maybe not just the best players, maybe most influential, or maybe representing each "era" of Gonzaga's history, or simply most popular, etc.

You can only choose 4.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Kinda OT, kinda not:

maybe not just the best players, maybe most influential, or maybe representing each "era" of Gonzaga's history, or simply most popular, etc.

You can only choose 4.

Matt S, DD, Ammo, the Bonus.....ez, peezy.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Kinda OT, kinda not:

You can only choose 4.
    I think we already did this one (not that we can't do it again) and developed rules and such. People ended up developing rules that Mt. Zagmore required a player to be in the program all four years, etc...

For me:

Frank Burgess
    John Stockton
    Adam Morrison (because I don't believe in the 4-year rule)
    Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Matt S, DD, Ammo, the Bonus.....ez, peezy.
    Shem has to be on it for me...all time wins leader, tournament resume too that shines

Stockton, Ammo, Shem...4th is tough for me. DD, Turiaf, Santangelo all in the running.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    Shem has to be on it for me...all time wins leader, tournament resume too that shines
    Agree. Shem was the face of Gonzaga's greatest triumphs to date.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

This is in response to the first thread. Why create a new thread inside the original? Lazy? Go start a new thread if you want to talk about Mt Rushmore.

Top 5: Adam, Dan D, Kelly O., Bonus, and NWG. I had to put NWG ahead of Kyle Wiltjer and Robert Sacre. After all he's the one who led us to the First Final Four. Collins was good but imo not great on this team. I'd take JWIII over him. He was just a one year very talented player who came off the bench. Wilter was perhaps the star of one of the Zag teams who made it to the Elite 8. He was certainly one of our best offensive players. Sacre was just great. One of the best All-Time leaders of any Zag team. And imo the toughest. And he was drafted by LA. IMO he is right at the top of players who exemplifies what a Zag is. I think Mt K belongs in top 15 but somewhere between 11-15. Sorry. I didn't think he was as good as several low post players who went before him. In addition, I definitely believe that JWIII belongs on that list. He's in the mold of Sacre regarding toughness, but a little better offensive player.
    Last edited by Reborn; 07-26-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Coach Few's Mt. Rushmore...

Ammo - my favorite year until the F4 year with my most devastating loss. A rock star season and I still wear my 'Can't Stop the Stache' t-shirt.

Karno - lead the team to their only F4. A must on this list due to having more NCAA wins than any other player.

Calvary - started it all off with three trips to the Sweet 16 (one E8). Tough as nails and nasty on the court. His 'Tip in' is still the most iconic play in GU history.

KO - he believed in the Zags, stuck with it and is now a model for many many transfers and redshirts that help elevate the program.

No guards from Guard U? There's so many great ones that none have really stood out from the rest.