Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 29 of 29

Thread: Busting Brackets Preseason Predictions

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was impressed by Ford last year. He has plus quickness and finished well. Bennett does a good job finding guys.

    In this case I think Bennett just picked up Gonzaga's sloppy seconds. If I recall correctly, Gonzaga showed interest in Ford (maybe even offered) but then went another direction (Zach Norvell?)

    Not that Bennett is a slouch on finding talent, I just don't think he beat GU to it on this one. In the end, Zags were smart to pass on Ford in return for the talent we landed.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    In this case I think Bennett just picked up Gonzaga's sloppy seconds. If I recall correctly, Gonzaga showed interest in Ford (maybe even offered) but then went another direction (Zach Norvell?)

    Not that Bennett is a slouch on finding talent, I just don't think he beat GU to it on this one. In the end, Zags were smart to pass on Ford in return for the talent we landed.
    "Sloppy seconds?" Really? Pretty disgusting thing to say about a fine player.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    "Sloppy seconds?" Really? Pretty disgusting thing to say about a fine player.
    It’s a colloquial phrase. Not meant to be taken so literally. Just meant that GU passed on him. Bennett picked him up because Few didn’t sign him. Wasn’t meant to be a personal attack on Ford.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    It’s a colloquial phrase. Not meant to be taken so literally. Just meant that GU passed on him. Bennett picked him up because Few didn’t sign him. Wasn’t meant to be a personal attack on Ford.
    I'm not gonna quote the definition here, as mods would rightfully delete such a post. I'd suggest you google the meaning of what you said. Colloquial or not, it's highly offensive and insulting to the subject. That's all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •