Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Busting Brackets Preseason Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I was impressed by Ford last year. He has plus quickness and finished well. Bennett does a good job finding guys.

In this case I think Bennett just picked up Gonzaga's sloppy seconds. If I recall correctly, Gonzaga showed interest in Ford (maybe even offered) but then went another direction (Zach Norvell?)

Not that Bennett is a slouch on finding talent, I just don't think he beat GU to it on this one. In the end, Zags were smart to pass on Ford in return for the talent we landed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    In this case I think Bennett just picked up Gonzaga's sloppy seconds. If I recall correctly, Gonzaga showed interest in Ford (maybe even offered) but then went another direction (Zach Norvell?)

Not that Bennett is a slouch on finding talent, I just don't think he beat GU to it on this one. In the end, Zags were smart to pass on Ford in return for the talent we landed.
    "Sloppy seconds?" Really? Pretty disgusting thing to say about a fine player.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    "Sloppy seconds?" Really? Pretty disgusting thing to say about a fine player.
    It’s a colloquial phrase. Not meant to be taken so literally. Just meant that GU passed on him. Bennett picked him up because Few didn’t sign him. Wasn’t meant to be a personal attack on Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    It’s a colloquial phrase. Not meant to be taken so literally. Just meant that GU passed on him. Bennett picked him up because Few didn’t sign him. Wasn’t meant to be a personal attack on Ford.
    I'm not gonna quote the definition here, as mods would rightfully delete such a post. I'd suggest you google the meaning of what you said. Colloquial or not, it's highly offensive and insulting to the subject. That's all.