Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in my recovery now from Prostate Cancer

Default I'm in my recovery now from Prostate Cancer

Recovery is never good. It's tough. However, I realize I've gone through the first part of Radiation therapy pretty well. I'm in my 3rd day, and feeling a little more positive today. That feels good. The side effects of treatment suck, hopping I'll through these successfully. I'm looking forward to season to begin. I'm so excited. Excited to see the new players, and excited to see how Hacimura plays.

Enjoy your summer.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Recovery is never good. It's tough. However, I realize I've gone through the first part of Radiation therapy pretty well. I'm in my 3rd day, and feeling a little more positive today. That feels good. The side effects of treatment suck, hopping I'll through these successfully. I'm looking forward to season to begin. I'm so excited. Excited to see the new players, and excited to see how Hacimura plays.

Enjoy your summer.

Go Zags!!!
    Thoughts and prayers, Reborn. Keep fighting. Love your posts, perspective and positivity on this website.

Being a little positive is a great thing and important. I went thru the same thing in 2004 and have been well since. I pray the same for you. I agree, Zag bball this year can't come soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    Thoughts and prayers, Reborn. Keep fighting. Love your posts, perspective and positivity on this website.
    +1 Wishing you well, Reborn!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

I'll keep you in my prayers Reborn. I remember when you had pancreatitis as well. You've had a lot these few years. All the best man.

Prayers for a full and quick recovery.

Reborn, not sure if you had surgery, I did, and it knocked me out of commission for a full month. Every time I tried to rush it and did too much, it set me back a few days. Rest up and heal and your recovery will go faster.
    Things are slow in the summer so I wish there was more info on this board to occupy your time. Write another book while you're resting up. I hope your recovery is fast and complete.

Godspeed, Reborn.

Thoughts and prayers for you Reborn!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Godspeed .....try books on tape sitting outside in the warm weather

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Godspeed .....try books on tape sitting outside in the warm weather
    Thoughts and prayers.

Prayers for speedy recovery, Reborn.

Thanks everyone. You really cheer me up. I have been on hormonal therapy for three months to reduce the cancer size soon. Tues. I had my first radiation. Its is one dose of radiation where the doctor first puts implants and rubber tubes inside of me. They drop down 17 seeds into the rubber tubes, and they end up being right where there the physicist wants them to fall.. A plan is put together (building the plan took 4 hours) and it's very very precise and scientific. After that they shoot the radiation into the seeds. I think that's how it goes, but I could be wrong. It was hard to follow. The whole procedure took 12 hours. 4 hours. I was put to sleep for those hours so that was actually nice. The rest of the day I was conscious, and it sucked. In's called Interior Radiation Treatment. Starting in a week or so I will begin external radiation treatment which is done external to the body. A machine shoots radar into the from outside the body. I do this 5 days a week for 5 weeks.

Wow, Reborn! Thanks so much for sharing. Counting on a good outcome for you!

Quote Originally Posted by MTZag03 View Post
    I'll keep you in my prayers Reborn. I remember when you had pancreatitis as well. You've had a lot these few years. All the best man.
    Yes. That was worse. And after that I had my gull bladder removed. This is a little better. And then a year later I broke my shoulder playing tennis. That was probably the worst (The recovery). I'm a pretty positive person as you know, and I have a deep faith in God (thank you GU).

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

Enjoy your summer.

Go Zags!!!
    Here's to a full recovery.

Prayers and all the best to you Reborn!! If caught early, and I had to pick one cancer to get, it would be prostate CA. It's an indolent CA. Just keep your treatment up and I think you'll be fine. Again, best wishes. Keep your chin up.<-- very important

Some good news is that Yakima has some of the very best cancer treatment resources in the State and are affiliate with some of the best in the world....they just put my sister's cancer into remission....one of the things that helped her deal with it was the concept of the " New Normal ".....and the fact that she only had to make a few trips to Seattle.....

Coming out of my hiatus long enough to wish you all the best Reborn. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Some good news is that Yakima has some of the very best cancer treatment resources in the State and are affiliate with some of the best in the world....they just put my sister's cancer into remission....one of the things that helped her deal with it was the concept of the " New Normal ".....and the fact that she only had to make a few trips to Seattle.....
    Wow, that's surprising (pleasantly surprising) to hear. I've lived on the East coast for the past 40 years, but grew up in Selah. When my father needed cancer treatment in the early 70's there was only one oncologist in all of Yakima, and he was not well thought of by the cancer treatment professionals at Seattle's Virginia Mason.

Virginia Mason is one of the associations....they take a team approach, including diet/nutrition, exercises, counseling, financial aid …..ect…. and it is a tremendous advantage to receive treatment at home with the support of your friends and family....just keep keeping on Reborn.....

You keep on keepin’ on! Treatment is tough. Have a good friend who has to do 3 hours of dialysis 3 times a week to stay alive. Day after is miserable. A real grind, physical and mental.

Post here a bunch. Lots of support and friends. You are not alone!

Prayers up, Reborn! Keep us posted on your recovery.

Being diagnosed with Type II four years ago has turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Forced me to turn my life around in terms of diet and exercise. The only negative so far is that I'll have to get a new picture when my drivers license comes up for renewal...my chipmunk cheeks are no more. Took the son in for his learners permit last week...we arrived at 10 AM, left at 5:55.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Coming out of my hiatus long enough to wish you all the best Reborn. My thoughts and prayers are with you!
    You've been gone too long, LIZF...dammit!

Thanks to you all. You can't know how much your comments mean to me. Thanks for all the support. I agree that, to my surprise, Yakima may have one of the best in the state. I never knew how "high tech" this kind of treatment is. It is individualized. TOTALLY. They spend lots of time talking to you. I feel important to them, and feel we're on a team and going to fight this thing together. Feels good. Lizf, Thanks for taking the time....means a lot. Thanks for the good advice. I think that on this one, I'm going to take your advice and listen to you. hahhahahaha I appreciate it. And to all of you, I realize our friendship. And so many of us have been on this board for one hell of a long time.....fighting for our Zags, sometimes fighting with each other. hahhahah Sounds like a healthy family.