Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great read on Clarke

An Elias Harris with more hops. An Elias Harris that isn't bent on experimenting/wasting time with the 3 position to improve NBA credentials. A player that, according to Mark Few, exudes optimism and fun when he enters the court. He lightens up the room.

I'm telling ya. The best player on the team. It isn't just about how good you are. It is also how you elevate others around you.

The athleticism on this team is top shelf with Clarke and Rui. Rui was the only player that could really compete with Florida State's length and athleticism in the tournament last year. Add Clarke, and GU is much better able to deal with such teams.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    An Elias Harris with more hops. An Elias Harris that isn't bent on experimenting/wasting time with the 3 position to improve NBA credentials. A player that, according to Mark Few, exudes optimism and fun when he enters the court. He lightens up the room.

I'm telling ya. The best player on the team. It isn't just about how good you are. It is also how you elevate others around you.

The athleticism on this team is top shelf with Clarke and Rui. Rui was the only player that could really compete with Florida State's length and athleticism in the tournament last year. Add Clarke, and GU is much better able to deal with such teams.
    Best player on the team might be a stretch. We can agree to disagree and maybe celebrate that this team could have a different star every week.

Elias came back to school to work on his game because he was told he wasn't ready. He probably wasn't. Becoming more versatile was one of those things to work on. It just didn't go as planned and sometime doesn't. It cost him millions.

I don't see a lot of similarities in their games. Harris was more skilled but Clarke in more athletic. If you are right and Clarke is the best player we are in the FF no doubt. On a team wth two maybe three NBAers and Clarke would make 4? And be the best of them all? I gotta say I'm more excited than when I heard George Lucas wouldn't be allowed to direct any more Star Wars movies.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Best player on the team might be a stretch. We can agree to disagree and maybe celebrate that this team could have a different star every week.

Elias came back to school to work on his game because he was told he wasn't ready. He probably wasn't. Becoming more versatile was one of those things to work on. It just didn't go as planned and sometime doesn't. It cost him millions.

I don't see a lot of similarities in their games. Harris was more skilled but Clarke in more athletic. If you are right and Clarke is the best player we are in the FF no doubt. On a team wth two maybe three NBAers and Clarke would make 4? And be the best of them all? I gotta say I'm more excited than when I heard George Lucas wouldn't be allowed to direct any more Star Wars movies.
    I disagree with less skilled than Harris. The numbers tell me otherwise.
    I miss Mike Hart

I just hope he is as good as JW3!

'I just can't wait man.'
    me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I just hope he is as good as JW3!
    That would be nice. Although strickly speaking, coming into Gonzaga his numbers are as good if not better almost straight a crossed the board. Im not predicting that he will be better, but there is no reason to think he wont be.

Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post

Right you are. Wish there was a way to quantify statistically the worth/ value of a player’s ability to help other players be/get/play better. Of course your best player may or may not be your most valuable player. Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagabasketball View Post
    That would be nice. Although strickly speaking, coming into Gonzaga his numbers are as good if not better almost straight a crossed the board. Im not predicting that he will be better, but there is no reason to think he wont be.
    Arguably against much weaker competition...

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I don't know what the big deal is...attendance won't improve from last year, or any point in the last ten years.

(snicker)
    But perhaps crowd interest will improve?

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Arguably against much weaker competition...
    With arguably far worse talent surrounding him. Plus, the WCC is plenty weak.

If Clarke can produce numbers anywhere near those of Elias and play with the same commitment to the team....well.....I am drinking the EE and FF Kool Aid.....as always I am concerned about the team defense...just maybe Geno is another Bell or Silas..

We have had exceptional hoppers here before that had little impact on the team...

I am always aware of what a exasperated Bob Huggins said after another loss to Gonzaga.....something like, "Mark wins because he recruits kids that can play basketball....all to often …..the rest of us recruit kids that can run and jump and shoot the ball.... "

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    But perhaps crowd interest will improve?
    I’m predicting larger tent cities this winter. It will be crazy in the Kennel this year.