What a great name...Welcome Ryan...

Baseball Adds Ryan Sullivan for 2019 Season

Sullivan transfers from Iowa Western CC

July 12, 2018

SPOKANE, Wash. – Gonzaga baseball head coach Mark Machtolf announced the addition of first baseman Ryan Sullivan to the roster for the 2019 season.

Sullivan is the 15th member of Machtolf’s 2019 recruiting class that will arrive at Gonzaga this fall. A native of Aurora, Colo., Sullivan has spent the last two seasons at Iowa Western in Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Ryan Sullivan | Infielder | Aurora, Colo. | Iowa Western CC

Sullivan spent the last two seasons at Iowa Western, helping the Reivers to a 54-7 overall record and sixth-place finish at the NJCAA World Series in 2018. The first baseman earned 2018 All-Region IX First Team honors and was named All-Northern District after finishing the season with 211 putouts and 23 assists with two errors for a .992 fielding percentage. He also led the squad in double plays with 10. At the plate, Sullivan finished his sophomore season with 52 hits, 43 runs, 41 RBIs and two doubles with four home runs. He batted .361 with a .456 on-base percentage and a .535 slugging percentage.

Why Sullivan chose Gonzaga: “I chose Gonzaga because of the winning culture and world-class education. I wanted to be part of a team that plays for the guy next to them, and I believe this program is the best fit for me.”

Coach Machtolf on Sullivan: “After a very successful high school career at Cherokee Trail and a junior college career at Western Iowa, we look for Ryan to impact our lineup immediately. He is an accomplished hitter with great power potential as well as a defender who will add to a very strong defensive ball club in 2019.”

Gonzaga Article Link