Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jesse Wade

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    I spit out my coffee at this one! Well played, kid seemed to have an endless career. Glad for Wade, and I have no doubt he’ll drop some daggers against GU. Also know he’ll be welcomed back to the Kennel by the fans. Great kid.
    Wade eligible to play after transferring in 2019-2020, correct?
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Wade eligible to play after transferring in 2019-2020, correct?
    Correct. He will technically be a 23 yr old Sophomore by the time he suits up for BYU.

Since nothing has been announced or official yet, wonder if he's walking on? Uncertain.

Speaking of, BYU has impressive size and talent this season and beyond. Although, i expect Childs to leave after this season. Their entire lineup is filled with 4* Top 100 players -- bigs and guards alike. They have the talent to be a NCAA team in the coming years, and/or compete with anyone. The Cougs have 3 guys returning from missionaries who were all highly recruited and ranked, one of them we went after as well. It's really too bad Emery is suspended the first 1/3rd of this season. BYU is mostly talented freshmen who should catch their groove come WCC time. Remember, they made the WCC Final last year, and just added (4) consensus top 100 4* guys to their roster, and a solid transfer to boot. 6'4" & 6'5" guard, 6'7" wing, a 6'10" 250lb big who is very physical.

Wayyyyyy better than most are giving credit to.

If Jesse maintains his health (unstable shoulders), he would be playing at BYU til he's 25!
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Not a fan of reading other school's forums....but the BYU fans posting on this are universal in their opinion that Few is a great coach and a better person....one went so far as to say if he had a boy that was D1 good, he would send him to Few.....I think they are right.

If you have trouble reading their site, click on the symbol for BYU Basketball under Categories to screen out the other chatter. ..

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    ... I have no doubt he’ll drop some daggers against GU...
    I do
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Zagsker View Post
    I do
    I do too...

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Am I the only one that think's he's gonna routinely drop 15-18 ppg on us?
    Probably not. But that's because he's such a likeable kid and everybody is rooting for him.

The truth is, if he was capable of doing that, he would have shown it in practice and he would still be here.

Rose has his guys playing as close to thug ball as he can get away with. I think that has something to do with the constant flux. There's attitudes, people getting hurt, leaving early under circumstances, and by the end of the year not playing really good ball. Just my opinion...

Good luck Jesse,.

In his senior season, Wade averaged 26.8 points, 4.2 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game in leading the Darts to the Class 5A state semifinals. He was named The Tribune’s Most Valuable Player at the end of that season.
    https://www.sltrib.com/sports/high-s...-from-gonzaga/

don't know what 5A equates to in WA or CA but numbers don't always tell the whole story....IMO Jessie will always have a hard time getting his shot off against bigger players in D1...guessing that was evident in practice and will be evident in future games against Zags.

Congrats Jesse! I have no doubt at all that you’ll hit many threes against your former team, but we’ll still win.

But seriously, I think you will flourish at BYU.

Wishing you all the best, good luck!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Last fall after the GU-UW game we stuck around so my son could meet the players and get some autographs. Understanding everyone has their own personality Jesse stood out amongst all the players. He took the time to personalize the interaction by asking my son a couple of questions. Jesse is obviously mature beyond his years and by all accounts a top notch person. I hope he has great success at BYU. We'll still beat them more than they'll beat us. Of this, I certain.

Go Zags!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Am I the only one that think's he's gonna routinely drop 15-18 ppg on us?
    I wouldn't be shocked if Jesse drops those type of points on us but I'd imagine that whomever he is guarding will drop equal or more right back. I really wish Jesse the best at BYU, except when he plays us, but he has no chance to guard a guy like Davis whom will be here during Jesse's time at BYU. In any case, I'm just glad that Jesse found a place that fits him and his wife/familly moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Correct. He will technically be a 23 yr old Sophomore by the time he suits up for BYU.

Since nothing has been announced or official yet, wonder if he's walking on? Uncertain.

Speaking of, BYU has impressive size and talent this season and beyond. Although, i expect Childs to leave after this season. Their entire lineup is filled with 4* Top 100 players -- bigs and guards alike. They have the talent to be a NCAA team in the coming years, and/or compete with anyone. The Cougs have 3 guys returning from missionaries who were all highly recruited and ranked, one of them we went after as well. It's really too bad Emery is suspended the first 1/3rd of this season. BYU is mostly talented freshmen who should catch their groove come WCC time. Remember, they made the WCC Final last year, and just added (4) consensus top 100 4* guys to their roster, and a solid transfer to boot. 6'4" & 6'5" guard, 6'7" wing, a 6'10" 250lb big who is very physical.

Wayyyyyy better than most are giving credit to.

If Jesse maintains his health (unstable shoulders), he would be playing at BYU til he's 25!
    Childs is definately a legit 1st team all conference talent and he should help them make a run at the tournament this year. With Haws and Emery, they will have shooting as well, although I don't know that there is a player in college ball that I dislike more than Emery (now that Grayson Allen is gone).

Losing Elijah Bryant was a huge loss for BYU. I think they will be good but he would have helped immensely.

nit

I wish him well in every other game than against Gonzaga. Hoping he gets destroyed by the guys starring in the Zags uni every game he plays...

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I wish him well in every other game than against Gonzaga. Hoping he gets destroyed by the guys starring in the Zags uni every game he plays...
    Like our guards did to Jimmer?

Not exactly apples to apples..that 2011 team was nowhere near the talent level of our teams now. Not that Gray wasn't a good player by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if Jesse drops those type of points on us but I'd imagine that whomever he is guarding will drop equal or more right back. I really wish Jesse the best at BYU, except when he plays us, but he has no chance to guard a guy like Davis whom will be here during Jesse's time at BYU. In any case, I'm just glad that Jesse found a place that fits him and his wife/familly moving forward.
    Davis=Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Davis=Harris?
    I’m wondering too.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

My understanding is that a player can transfer to any school they want; however, if the coach doesn't release them, then they can't get a scholarship and have to sit out the transfer year without a scholarship. I remember this issue coming up with a player from St. Joes as the coach wouldn't release the player after the season and he could leave and play for the other school BUT without any scholarship. That is about to change beginning this October, when schools have to release a player within two days of being notified of their desire to transfer and they will be allowed to transfer to any school, even in the same conference...student athletes will have control of their destiny and not their coaches.