Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 More Scholarship Available?

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Hate to burst bubbles, but Hayes is off the table. He signed an "aspirant" pro contract in 2017 but just re-upped last month with a true 3-year pro contract with Cholet and amateur status is toast.
    Link? I am hearing different things than that.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Link? I am hearing different things than that.
    I brought it up on Twitter on a link to a David Hein article about Hayes. Hein mentioned the pro contract, I asked for confirmation and the guy who runs the french side of Eurohopes chimed in to confirm. I guess it isn't set in stone but both sources are very knowledgable about euro prospects and it seems odd that Hayes would sign a new 3 year contract in June when he already had 2 years left on his Cholet contract from last year unless it was to start getting paid or to be paid more.

https://twitter.com/T0gi/status/1015932529818439680

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    I brought it up on Twitter on a link to a David Hein article about Hayes. Hein mentioned the pro contract, I asked for confirmation and the guy who runs the french side of Eurohopes chimed in to confirm. I guess it isn't set in stone but both sources are very knowledgable about euro prospects and it seems odd that Hayes would sign a new 3 year contract in June when he already had 2 years left on his Cholet contract from last year unless it was to start getting paid or to be paid more.

https://twitter.com/T0gi/status/1015932529818439680
    I'm still not buying it

http://basket-infos.com/2018/06/23/a...r-contrat-pro/

google can be your friend.

Right click and select translate to English
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Pretty much settles it, eh Will? From a June 23rd article:
    One of the nuggets of French basketball Killian Hayes has engaged with the Cholet club for the next three seasons. The 16-year-old Frenchman has been part of the Cholet club for many seasons and has just signed his first three-year pro contract. He has already played 9 pro games for a total of 20 points, 5 rebounds and 11 assists. He had shown in the very last regular season game with 12 points and 6 assists.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I'm still not buying it
    Just check out the press release from his recent contract last month. They are calling this his first professional contract even though he signed a contract last year and talk about him being the youngest player ever to get a pro contract in the Jeep Elite league. I think under his first contract he was still eligible but now that ship has sailed and he will be at Cholet until he is ready for the draft.

Was there ever actually anything that linked Hayes to Gonzaga? I've heard his name brought up so many times on the board, but don't think that I ever saw any real evidence of him being recruited, unless I missed something.

Never bought him playing NCAA in the first place. It's usually the European prospects whose NBA stocks need bolstering who go the NCAA route. Hayes is very much on the NBA radar as a likely lottery pick and is probably best served by testing his mettle against seasoned professionals in a top European league.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Was there ever actually anything that linked Hayes to Gonzaga? I've heard his name brought up so many times on the board, but don't think that I ever saw any real evidence of him being recruited, unless I missed something.

Never bought him playing NCAA in the first place. It's usually the European prospects whose NBA stocks need bolstering who go the NCAA route. Hayes is very much on the NBA radar as a likely lottery pick and is probably best served by testing his mettle against seasoned professionals in a top European league.
    I personally know a friend from France who told me many times that Hayes was going the NCAA route and that Gonzaga was the destination. They know his family and said that they wanted him to go to Gonzaga for at least two years. My friend also knew of Tillie and Ayayi coming to Gonzaga prior to them ever being mentioned in the States. I trust them and I will reach out to see what changed and/or if it changed. I shared some of this info with Spy a few weeks ago.

I'm still not buying it
    Even if it wasnt a true pro contract (it is), Killian Hayes is a future top 5 NBA draft pick as soon as he is eligible, there is no way he was coming to Gonzaga or any other College program.

In regards to the discussion over schollies for this year, i think they award Jeremy another year on schollie and either grab a euro prospect late ala Joel or Elias or they stash the schollie for next years class.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Even if it wasnt a true pro contract (it is), Killian Hayes is a future top 5 NBA draft pick as soon as he is eligible, there is no way he was coming to Gonzaga or any other College program.
    As someone who knows hyperbole, that right there my friend is some serious hyperbole. Hayes is great but he wasn't even the leading scorer on his U17 team that lost to USA in the championship game.

I have not got a hold of my friend over in France yet, but Evan Daniels puts an end to the Killian Hayes speculation.

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/stat...85386321088512

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I have not got a hold of my friend over in France yet, but Evan Daniels puts an end to the Killian Hayes speculation.

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/stat...85386321088512
    Hmm...interesting. Rumors were that we pulled Zane Martins visit because it seemed like Hayes was gonna take his spot and minutes but now that we know that's nt the case I wonder why we changed our mind on Zane Martin if it wasn't for Hayes.

Hmm...interesting. Rumors were that we pulled Zane Martins visit because it seemed like Hayes was gonna take his spot and minutes but now that we know that's nt the case I wonder why we changed our mind on Zane Martin if it wasn't for Hayes.
    Yeah not sure what happened there, I was hearing the same thing. There are a few others on that French national team that are pretty good, maybe one of them will look, as I know Hayes' family was big on Gonzaga.

As someone who knows hyperbole, that right there my friend is some serious hyperbole. Hayes is great but he wasn't even the leading scorer on his U17 team that lost to USA in the championship game.
    Of course...what was i thinking? Guys who dont lead their team in scoring never are rated highly as NBA prospects (Rui...Zach Collins). *this is called sarcasm*