Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Oumar Ballo

Default O.T. OUMAR BALLO JUST PUT UP 32/32 at the U17 world championships!!!

This kid is the next African big great after Embiid and Bamba. He's also the youngest player in the entire tourney at 15, won't be 16 until next Friday!!! Averaged 21/18 for the tourney! I expect Duke, Kansas and Kentucky to offer ASAP.

http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u17...c#tab=boxscore

http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u17...er/Oumar-Ballo

Impressive stats for such a young player. Or any player. Ya, Kentucky has probably already signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by katman50 View Post
    Impressive stats for such a young player. Or any player. Ya, Kentucky has probably already signed him.
    Kai Soto was getting all of the buzz as the best big man before the tourney started but Ballo was just insane and he's blown up over the past week. Mali has a little jitterbug pg that's awesome too. Don't know if Tommy was in Argentina for the tourney but there were so many high major D1 prospects there it was bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Kai Soto was getting all of the buzz as the best big man before the tourney started but Ballo was just insane and he's blown up over the past week. Mali has a little jitterbug pg that's awesome too. Don't know if Tommy was in Argentina for the tourney but there were so many high major D1 prospects there it was bananas.
    sounds like it's a good time to be one of the top programs (maybe, arguably, #1) at international recruiting. it also sounds like there's about to be a lot more competition for that title.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    sounds like it's a good time to be one of the top programs (maybe, arguably, #1) at international recruiting. it also sounds like there's about to be a lot more competition for that title.
    Yeah, this tourney was probably the best compilation of high major D1 prospects in one place at one time ever. The Final Four is Canada vs USA and Puerto Rico vs France.

Default 2019 - Oumar Ballo

He's now mentioned in 3 different threads; 2019 recruits, 2020 recruits and Timmes welcome thread. lol So I figured we consolidate everything about him here. Apparently a very connected college hoops writer let it slip that we're the lead school for him. What's interesting is that most thought he was a 2020, but the way it was written, it looks like he could reclassify as a 2019; hopefully we can get clarification on this one way or the other. Anyway, regarding Ballo, he's a flat out beast, a man among boys. he averaged 21 and 17 in the World U17's this past summer, including 32/32 vs Dominican Republic, 26/19 vs China and 14/11 vs Serbia. he did struggle a little bit vs USA only putting up 7/10 but nevertheless this guy would be a HUGE get for us, literally and figuratively. He's Duke good.
    Last edited by BobZag; 12-31-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Is he a one and done? The NBA rankings really like him.

He is listed as a center. Timme is listed as a forward (I thought he was a center), but while it may be an embarrassment of riches, what happens when you have 3-4 strongly potential NBA guys vying for 2 spots?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

here he is abusing China. lol

Thanks Spy I was thinking about doing the same thing. Not sure if he is a 2020 guy or a 2019 guy, but if we land him to go along with Drew, Martynas, and Anton, wow that is some serious talent at the 3/4/5. Add in Clarke and Filip and we would have so much fire power all we would have to do is figure out how to get the ball up the court.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Is he a one and done? The NBA rankings really like him.

He is listed as a center. Timme is listed as a forward (I thought he was a center), but while it may be an embarrassment of riches, what happens when you have 3-4 strongly potential NBA guys vying for 2 spots?
    you run them out like a hockey line and they all get drafted. lol ZC didn't start for us and was a lottery pick.

you run them out like a hockey line and they all get drafted. lol ZC didn't start for us and was a lottery pick.
    You could run a starting line up of Anton, Timme, and Clarke, with a second line of Martynas, Filip, and Ballo.

Collins wasn't a lottery pick when he came to GU. It sounds like Balio might be.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    You could run a starting line up of Anton, Timme, and Clarke, with a second line of Martynas, Filip, and Ballo.
    That's nuts! That's Duke quality depth. Actually Duke is never that deep as Koach (credit to Jazz) only runs 7, max 8 players.

That's nuts! That's Duke quality depth. Actually Duke is never that deep as Koach (credit to Jazz) only runs 7, max 8 players.
    Crazy deep and if Pavel is really a project he could redshirt and be future depth for us. I have to say the success of our bigs has really paid dividens for our future recruiting. Now we just need a true PG, if I am a PG why would I not want to pass it to that group of bigs!

Crazy deep and if Pavel is really a project he could redshirt and be future depth for us. I have to say the success of our bigs has really paid dividens for our future recruiting. Now we just need a true PG, if I am a PG why would I not want to pass it to that group of bigs!
    Plus 1. I gotta think a pg will come in as a grad transfer. In fact, I’d be surprised if that wasn’t the outcome. Sg, too, if Norvell leaves for the draft.

Was hoping we'd get Petrusev's Srbian teammate Paunovic, but he signed a pro contract this summer. Shucks! I really wonder what rabbit Few and Tommy will pul outta their hats for pg for us next season.

How tall is Ballo?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    How tall is Ballo?
    he's currently 6'10 but he's only 17 so hopefully he grows another inch or two, built like a brick house.

Nice little article on him from 2017.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...game-nba-draft

He is 16 years old--will not be 17 until next July.

Birth:
    13 Jul 2002 (age 16)

I liked the opportunity here for development--

"He stands out first and foremost because of his height, massive frame, huge hands and 7-foot-5 wingspan that allows him to dominate the interior against other players his age, despite never having lifted weights seriously."

Nice of Evans to give us a new itch to scratch the same day that Timme commits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    I liked the opportunity here for development--

"He stands out first and foremost because of his height, massive frame, huge hands and 7-foot-5 wingspan that allows him to dominate the interior against other players his age, despite never having lifted weights seriously."
    I agree. Looking at him more, he is probably not a plug and play guy like Timme is, but 2-3 years he could dominate college basketball. I had to remind myself most the footage on him was against 15 year olds!! Has the skills to be a stud, I love the Baby Shaq comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Nice of Evans to give us a new itch to scratch the same day that Timme commits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree! Makes it fun to know we have a STUD in Timme committed, and now another STUD in Ballo considering us.