Thread: schedule

Default schedule

just saw that per the Stanford schedule, we play them at the Kennel on Dec 2nd, a Sunday....should be a crowded game with the Hull twins family/friends....we need to be loud and proud....hope we can hang with them...

Just saw that the Lady Zags play the Lady Cougars in the Kennel, December 9th according to the WSU Lady Cougars schedule.

Any idea when the Lady Zags are going to release their own OOC schedule?

ZagDad

I don't believe the OOC schedule has been finalized yet. I do know that there is a home game vs Colorado State and UNLV in Vegas

col state will be nov 28 I believe, at gonzaga...unlv in vegas...hmmmmmm

Default schedule

Just saw the LMU conference schedule came out today. We play the Zags out the gate Dec 28th at home.

Still waiting on the OOC schedule. My daughter told we're going to get some PAC12 action against Arizona and UCLA this year.

Looking forward to a great season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zags league schedule is out folks.

Zags Release 2018-19 WCC Schedule

GU pursuing 14th regular-season title in 15 years

2018-19 GONZAGA CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

SAN BRUNO, Calif. - The West Coast Conference has announced the 2018-2019 women's basketball conference schedule.

The Bulldogs swept the regular-season and conference tournament championships last season and have won 13 of the last 14 regular-season WCC Titles and seven of the last 10 tournament championships.

After a two-year hiatus, the conference is returning to the travel partner system, meaning no more weeks with a single home and away game. It also adds back the two weeks with Portland as the lone opponent.

"It is going to be another tough conference slate," Gonzaga head coach Lisa Fortier said. "Every year it is a grind and each game brings a new set of challenges. We are excited to get to the season."

The season begins once again immediately following the Christmas break and the Zags will open on the road for the third-consecutive season for the first time in program history.

Gonzaga begins their quest for their 15th conference championship on December 29, a Saturday, at Loyola Marymount and follows with a game on New Year's Eve, a Monday, at Pepperdine. The Zags will quickly turn around with their home conference opener on Thursday, January 3 against Saint Mary's and Pacific two days later. The rest of the season is in the traditional Thursday and Saturday format.

The Zags are off on Thursday, January 10, but host Portland two days later. GU is back on the road on Thursday, January 17 at BYU and then at San Diego on Saturday. They are back in Spokane on Thursday, January 24 to host San Francisco and then Santa Clara on Saturday. It is on the road after that at Pacific on Thursday, January 31, and at Saint Mary's on Saturday, February 2.

Thursday, February 7 is an off day followed by a game at Portland two days later. GU hosts San Diego on Thursday, February 14 and BYU on Saturday. The final road trip begins with Santa Clara on Thursday, February 21, and San Francisco on Saturday. GU wraps the season at home for the second-straight year with Pepperdine on Thursday, February 28, and Loyola Marymount on Saturday for Senior Day on March 2.

The West Coast Conference Championships will follow March 7-12 at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. There is a change in the format there as well, with the top two seeds getting a double bye to the Monday semifinals.

Game times will be posted at a later date.

Gonzaga Article Link

I believe we already have WSU and Stanford sketched in...and if we do any good in Vancouver, we'll play Oregon State...

Good Job TerpZag, Can't wait for NFL season and Lady Zags basketball season to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    Just saw the LMU conference schedule came out today. We play the Zags out the gate Dec 28th at home.

Still waiting on the OOC schedule. My daughter told we're going to get some PAC12 action against Arizona and UCLA this year.

Looking forward to a great season!

Arizona struggled last year but I'd look for significant improvement from them. 3rd year for Coach Barnes, has several talented freshmen and transfers joining the squad.

UCLA still has talent but lost 3 starters, including long time standouts Jordin Canada and Monique Billings. Will be interesting to see what kind of team the Bruins have this season.

Going to be a bit weird for us as our beloved Associate Head Coach April Phillips just took the Asst Coach spot at Arizona. We wish her the best though in this new chapter in her career.

I keep forgetting that we have posters from other teams...lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by sylean View Post
    I keep forgetting that we have posters from other teams...lol.....
    Ha! Yeah. I'm a fan of GBB/WBB in general and am happy to share with other fans of the women's basketball game. I like the women's game in particular because it's not just a "dunk fest" like the men's game has become.

I regularly check out the Socalhoops, UCLA Bro scout, Cal Bears (Bearinsider), USC ("Other side of the Trakh"), UConn Boneyard and others.

It's been a, pleasure getting to know ZagDad and other posters on this board and I had an absolute blast with some Zag Fans in Vegas earlier this year at the WCC tournament.

You guys/gals are great! Always enjoy talking about women's game.

The OOC schedule has been released:

SPOKANE, Wash. – The Gonzaga Bulldogs averaged over 5500 fans at home games last season, 11th in the nation, and will give their fans plenty of chances to push through the gates of the McCarthey Athletic Center during the non-conference portion of the schedule this season. The schedule, announced by head coach Lisa Fortier on Thursday, will feature six regular-season home games and a home exhibition. Seven of the nine scheduled teams had winning records last year and five advanced to the postseason.

"We have put together another challenging schedule this year," Gonzaga head coach Lisa Fortier said. "We are happy to be continuing the series with Stanford and have several of our most competitive opponents from last year on the schedule again this year. The Vancouver Showcase is going to have some of the best teams in the country. Our team is going to be challenged in the non-conference and we are going to make sure they are up for it."

GU will open with an exhibition game against Carroll College on November 2. The regular-season opener is against Montana at home on November 7. After a six-year hiatus in the series, GU defeated the Lady Griz 70-55 in Missoula last season and have won six-straight in the series. Four days later the Zags will take the short trip to Cheney to play Eastern Washington. The Eagles finished third in the Big Sky Conference last year and GU has won 14-straight against EWU.

Gonzaga returns home on November 13 to host Idaho State. The Bengals were 21-11 last year and advanced to the Big Sky Conference Tournament Semifinals. The teams have not met since 2015, an 88-63 GU win at home. On November 17, the Zags will travel to Las Vegas to face UNLV, who won the Mountain West Conference Regular-Season last year and advanced to the WNIT.

GU will compete in the Vancouver Showcase in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, November 22-24. The teams announced so far include Drake, who won the Missouri Valley Conference last year, Oregon State, who advanced to the NCAA Elite Eight last year, Western Kentucky, who won Conference USA last year, and South Carolina, who are the 2017 National Champions and made the Elite Eight last year. The tournament is set to take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre. The matchups will be announced in the coming weeks.

GU returns home on November 28 to play Colorado State. CSU won a game in the WNIT last year after finishing fourth in the MWC at 21-12. The premier home game for GU comes on December 2, as they pick up their home and away series with Stanford. The Cardinal advanced to the Sweet Sixteen last year and finished the year ranked No. 15 in the Associated Press Poll and No. 19 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. The series with the Zags began in 2010 and took a one-year break last season as both teams were in the Play4Kay Showcase in Las Vegas.

Local rival Washington State visits GU on December 9. The Zags have won two-straight in the series and WSU is led by first-year head coach Kamie Ethridge, who led Northern Colorado to the NCAA Tournament last season. GU's final non-conference road trip is December 16 at Missouri State, who won a game in the WNIT last year. The non-conference schedule wraps up with Idaho at home on December 20. The Vandals finished second in the Big Sky last year, advancing to the tournament championship against Northern Colorado before making the WNIT. The teams last met in 2014 and GU has won five-straight in the series.

Numerica FanFest will be the annual early glance at the women's team on October 13 inside the McCarthey Athletic Center.

Game times will be announced at a later date.

2018 GONZAGA NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
    Nov. 2 Carroll College (exhibition) Spokane, WA
    Nov. 7 Montana Spokane, WA
    Nov. 11 Eastern Washington Cheney, WA
    Nov. 13 Idaho State Spokane, WA
    Nov. 17 UNLV Las Vegas, Nev.
    Nov. 22-24 Vancouver Showcase Vancouver, B.C.
    Nov. 28 Colorado State Spokane, WA
    Dec. 2 Stanford Spokane, WA
    Dec. 9 Washington State Spokane, WA
    Dec. 16 Missouri State Springfield, MO
    Dec. 20 Idaho Spokane, WA
    Article Link: https://gozags.com/news/2018/8/9/wom...-schedule.aspx

ZagDad

With the departure of JB, we are going to need some time for the players to find out where the offence is going to come and how to integrate Melody and Kylee into the rotation. I think the OOC schedule actually works pretty well.

2018 GONZAGA NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
    Nov. 2 Carroll College (exhibition) Spokane, WA
    Nov. 7 Montana Spokane, WA
    Nov. 11 Eastern Washington Cheney, WA
    Nov. 13 Idaho State Spokane, WA
    Nov. 17 UNLV Las Vegas, Nev.
    Nov. 22-24 Vancouver Showcase Vancouver, B.C.
    Nov. 28 Colorado State Spokane, WA
    Dec. 2 Stanford Spokane, WA
    Dec. 9 Washington State Spokane, WA
    Dec. 16 Missouri State Springfield, MO
    Dec. 20 Idaho Spokane, WA

We start with an exhibition game at home followed by four (4) very winnable games including the first three games at home. Remember that last year we did not play our first home game until Nov. 30. We played the first five games on the road. Even without JB, the Lady Zags should start the season 4-0 before heading into the Vancouver Showcase. Last year we only had two (2) games prior to Las Vegas which left us pretty unprepared for the quality of team we faced. The brackets for Vancouver have not been released, but we will have four (4) total games under our belt including one road game before the Showcase and five (5) days of rest, so the Showcase should come at a good time. Hopefully we have a little better outcome than we had in Las Vegas last year.

We follow the Showcase with three (3) home games including a chance to get even with CSU as a tune-up for Stanford followed by the annual rivalry with WSU (new head coach). A trip to Missouri for a winnable game with Missouri State and then back home for the final OOC game with Idaho State.

If JB was returning, I would like to see a little more difficult OOC schedule to build up our resume and not make winning the WCC mandatory, but without JB, we need some time to get our offense in sync with the players we have. We just can't lose games like CSU and UNLV like we did last year because we simply, likely, will not have the P-6 wins required to offset bad loses. Realistically, given our experience and assuming no unforeseen injuries, we should win every OOC except Stanford and maybe a game or two in the Showcase which would put us at something like 9-2 or 8-3 which compares to the 7-4 OOC record we had last year.

Its just a little over 2 months to Fan Fest.

Are you getting ready for some Lady Zag BB??

ZagDad

From the Spokesman-Review:

Visit from Stanford highlights nonconference schedule for Gonzaga women’s basketball
    UPDATED: Thu., Aug. 9, 2018, 4:42 p.m.

By Jim Allen
    jima@spokesman.com
    (509) 459-5437

Gonzaga women’s basketball fans may be getting the best of all worlds in the nonconference season schedule announced Thursday. The Zags will host six of those games, including the headliner on Dec. 2 against Stanford, which knocked GU out of last year’s NCAA Tournament.

“Stanford is always fun,” said coach Lisa Fortier, who could say the same about the rest of the schedule. It opens with an exhibition game on Nov. 2 against Carroll College and continues with matchups against almost every regional rival. Montana comes to the McCarthey Athletic Center on Nov. 7. Four days later the Zags are at Eastern Washington, then return home on Nov. 13 against Idaho State.

A road game at UNLV precedes the inaugural Vancouver Showcase on Nov. 22-24 against a national field. Teams announced so far include Drake, which won the Missouri Valley Conference last year; Oregon State, which advanced to the NCAA Elite Eight last year; Western Kentucky, which won Conference USA last year, and South Carolina, the 2017 national champion and regional finalist last year. The tournament is set to take place at the Vancouver Convention Centre, with matchups to be announced soon.

“We have put together another challenging schedule this year,” Fortier said. “After Thanksgiving, GU will get back-to-back chances at some payback.
    The first comes Nov. 28 against Colorado State, which beat the Zags in their season opener last year. Four days later, Stanford comes to town. The Cardinal ended GU’s season last year with an 82-68 win in the opening round of the NCAAs.

“We are happy to be continuing the series with Stanford and have several of our most competitive opponents from last year on the schedule again this year.”

Washington State and first-year coach Kamie Ethridge visit the Kennel on Dec. 9; Idaho comes to Spokane nine days later.
    Article Link: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ference-sched/

ZagDad

its a tough schedule...UNLV in Vegas...Oregon state and South Carolina in Vancouver....luckily, we'll have Stanford and WSU at home and EWU is practically a home game...sorry EWU fans....

for the first time ever, I am not optimistic this year...I think we will struggle....CLF should have gotten another big.....

OTOH, we have some athletic players and some newbies...Townsie and LF(all I know is for the brief minutes LF was in, she got 2 3's, got both her FT's, a d a short 2 pointer, and she had a nice drive to the basket but didn't score..she has the tools) should get a lot of playing time...we're going to have to have a fast paced...FAST PACED, CLF...you know, getting the ball up the court and have quick offensive sets...to counteract our lack of a big bruiser...like BYU has...like UNLV has...like St. Mary's has....we're going to have to learn the St.Marys game plan, and the Byu game plan....draw fouls ad nausea....

will be getting my hotel room reserved in Vegas, no matter what....

Hearing that we open with Notre Dame in Vancouver. Schedule just got a little stronger...