Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Geno Crandall

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    it was already post #56 on page 3 of this thread,

If you haven't read the Gopher's message board, I recommend it..
    a 5 STAR performance by GoZags who replied respectfully with facts and concise corrections to the many gopher fans who attempted to deride GU. GoZags scores 10, the dozen or so arguing with him, score 3. GUBoard superhero.
    GoZags was a hero to be sure. Logic isn’t getting through the Gopher’s pain and disappointment. We’ve all been there. Remember that they may feel a bit weird about their program, in the midst of chaos and scandal, landing Monson on the heels of GU’s breakthrough year. I’m sure they expected similar success, but instead watched Cinderella Gonzaga flourish under Mark Few in the national spotlight for almost two decades. My main concern is not what they think about Gonzaga, but that that Geno doesn’t suffer repercussions from their sense of loss. I have a feeling that Minneapolis will be rooting for the hometown kid in March.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    GoZags was a hero to be sure. Logic isn’t getting through the Gopher’s pain and disappointment. We’ve all been there. Remember that they may feel a bit weird about their program, in the midst of chaos and scandal, landing Monson on the heels of GU’s breakthrough year. I’m sure they expected similar success, but instead watched Cinderella Gonzaga flourish under Mark Few in the national spotlight for almost two decades. My main concern is not what they think about Gonzaga, but that that Geno doesn’t suffer repercussions from their sense of loss. I have a feeling that Minneapolis will be rooting for the hometown kid in March.
    I enjoyed your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    it was already post #56 on page 3 of this thread,

If you haven't read the Gopher's message board, I recommend it..
    a 5 STAR performance by GoZags who replied respectfully with facts and concise corrections to the many gopher fans who attempted to deride GU. GoZags scores 10, the dozen or so arguing with him, score 3. GUBoard superhero.
    GoZags did great and din't even mention that Gonzaga's last Football season was better than Minnesota's last football season.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Geno!!!

this is game highlights from one overtime game, gives an idea of Geno's impact over the course of the game on offense

just chilling on Sunday, sipping a cold one, watching videos, excited for this coming season

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    thanks, tells a story

at least for me, the Karno effect gets factored in somehow to the story as well with Pangos and NWG, his unique impact to everything in his time at GU. sweet video of it here from 2017 Tournament compilation. Enjoy

All time great Zags, thanks for sharing!

Wonderful news!!
    I miss Mike Hart

thanks, tells a story

at least for me, the Karno effect gets factored in somehow to the story as well with Pangos and NWG, his unique impact to everything in his time at GU. sweet video of it here from 2017 Tournament compilation. Enjoy

Yes, thanks for posting “The Presence.” Will always miss him. 75 years old here. Seen a lot of players. Shem and Elgin Baylor my all time favorites. Both outstanding men of character. I admire both.

PK was/is great. I think 20-30 years ago he is a Top 10 pick....to bad the game has changed. I miss the big bodies banging down low.

Geno!!!

That's an impressive reel. Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    That's an impressive reel. Thanks for sharing
    20-30 years ago Shem is in the Big East or some Glam conference, prolly not the WCC.

On a JP note, Josh just started making better decisions. At some point in every top PG's career, the light bulb goes on. His went on last year and the team was better for it. 5 pistons, all pumping together can generate far more horsepower than if being mistimed. His inner-Stockton woke.

Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    20-30 years ago Shem is in the Big East or some Glam conference, prolly not the WCC.

On a JP note, Josh just started making better decisions. At some point in every top PG's career, the light bulb goes on. His went on last year and the team was better for it. 5 pistons, all pumping together can generate far more horsepower than if being mistimed. His inner-Stockton woke.
    My comment and quote was about Geno's reel. Love Shem but this thread is about Geno Crandall.

Friggin Shem by the end was such a fun guy to watch play.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    My comment and quote was about Geno's reel. Love Shem but this thread is about Geno Crandall.
    My bad, I thought I had replied to an earlier post.

"this thread is about Geno Crandall" Really? Sorry I jumped on an already hijacked thread, but .....really? Didn't know you were a traffic cop in your spare time.

Welcome Geno....you may have played in the kennel but it was not the Kennel because students were on break

Now that has really gotten me excited for the basketball season to begin. Love the Student Body. There's no place like K2. They are almost as entertaining as the team....almost. I believe there will be a lot of craziness in K2 this season. I can hardly wait.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Welcome Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Now that has really gotten me excited for the basketball season to begin. Love the Student Body. There's no place like K2. They are almost as entertaining as the team....almost. I believe there will be a lot of craziness in K2 this season. I can hardly wait.
    It's a downright shame that most of the Kennel atmosphere during games is almost never experienced through the TV. TV viewers usually get poor or nonexistent wide viewing angles of the Kennel Club in action (typically just closeups of a few screaming faces). Also the play-by-play mike filters are set so high much of the crowd noise is suppressed for the TV viewers. ESPN game announcers always comment on the Kennel having one of the great game atmospheres, but it sure does not come through the TV! These deficiencies could be easily remedied, but GU administration seems oblivious - incredible.

DeLaSalle Elite

@DeLaSalleElite
    6h6 hours ago
    More
    We had Geno Crandall (Gonzaga) and Jamar Diggs (Pro B France) on the Island today ��

They both were late bloomers coming into college... They worked on their craft and have reaped the benefits ����

I think you have to be in pretty good shape to be in the Kennel Club. I'm worn out just watchin it.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This kid is EXACTLY what the Zags need this year!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    This kid is EXACTLY what the Zags need this year!!
    Legit.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

wow.