• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Zach Collins breaks nose

I like the mask, Zach!

From OregonLive.com: "Portland Trail Blazers' Zach Collins breaks nose, will skip parts of summer league practices"

TUALATIN -- NBA Summer League has already been a little painful for Zach Collins.

The Portland Trail Blazers' big man suffered a broken nose at the end of the first summer league practice, prompting the team to keep him out of "contact" portions of practices the rest of the week.

Collins' nose was busted on the final play of a scrimmage Tuesday afternoon, when he was defending Caleb Swanigan on the block. As Swanigan went into a post-up move, the two giants bonked heads. The contact looked minimal live, but afterward Collins winced and grabbed at his nose, which soon started gushing blood. After practice, Collins said, trainers had to pop his nose back into place.

On Wednesday, Collins sported a black right eye and a swollen nose. But he wasn't holding any grudges.

"It was a freak play," Collins said. "It happens."

The good news? Collins said he will be available to play in games in Las Vegas. The Blazers open summer league play Saturday against the Utah Jazz.

The bad news? The team is holding him out of scrimmages and other contract drills the rest of the week as a precaution, erasing a few valuable days of practice time from his offseason. On Wednesday, as his teammates scrimmaged, Collins rode an exercise bike along the sideline.
    • Nov 2013

Zach blocks Grayson Allen and makes shot over Allen

https://twitter.com/i/status/1015674961845944321

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Blazers vs. Hawks in progress now. Live Stats

Comment

• Radbooks
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2007

Nice article about Zach in the Spokesman this morning:

Former Gonzaga big man Zach Collins puts in work, keeps game in perspective with Portland
        “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

Working...
        X