X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mojo13
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Nov 2012

Just want to point out once again that Olympiacos is one of the top 3-5 teams in the world outside the NBA. If NWG excels with Oly the NBA will come knocking pretty quick. Then the decision for NWG will be whether he is guaranteed more money and a better lifestyle in the NBA or with a EuroLeague team. Rumors were Pangos had NBA interest/offers - but Barcelona put a much superior offer on the table.

Early reports is NWG is fitting in very well with Oly as their starting PG. I expect a strong year for him which will prove he is an NBA caliber player. Will he ever choose to play in the NBA will be the next question. He seems rather worldly relative to his peers (like Pangos) and I could very well see him in Europe for quite some time.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Olympiacos just carried off a decisive win over KHIMKI MOSCOW REGION, 87-66, in its first Euroleague game of the season. Box Score.

Nigel with 8 points and a PIR* of 11, plus 5 assists, a steal, and 2 rebounds.

*Performance Index Rating

Comment

• ZagNative
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Olympiacos beat Maccabi Tel Aviv today 92-90. Box Score. Nigel with 14 points on 6/8 shooting, with 2/3 free throw shooting, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and no turnovers.

Comment

• Zagdawg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Wow! Nigel with a great Euroleague game today, as Olympiacos took down previously undefeated Real Madrid 88-83. Box Score Nigel had 23 points and 4 assists. He hasn't set the world on fire for Olympiacos, unlike his time at Partizan last year, so it was great to see him doing so well today. (Nigel's stats at Olympiacos can be seen here: http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2018)

Real Madrid is now number 2 in Euroleague standings with an 8-1 record and Olympiacos is number 8, with a 5-4 record. (Standings: http://www.euroleague.net/main/standings)

Comment

• ZagNative
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Great stuff ZN! Just revisited this thread for first time in a while. Very exciting to learn NWG is getting reps as starting PG for Olympiacos and doing quite well it seems.

Agree w earlier posts re: running a team as starting PG in a very reputable league vs clinging to a roster spot in NBA will be a better way to develop as a player. Haven't been following the Jazz too close to know if they are doing well and likely to remain content w current PG's on roster or even if they still retain NWG's rights and are keeping a close eye on him. My guess would be if NWG doesn't get a real good shot at locking down an NBA roster spot within the next 2 seasons, then he would be better off and still very well off to focus on enjoying his career in Europe.
                Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Jstock12
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2014

Can't believe I missed a showdown between Pangos and NWG today...

It seems that Nigel's Olympiacos came out on top against Kevin's Barcelona, 69-60.

NWG 10 pts, 4 asts, 4 rebs, 1 stl
                  Pangos 3 pts, 1 reb

Not sure what's up with Kevin. He's having a pretty poor year from the 3PT line, only 18% from three in the Euroleague...

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Comment

• Bogozags
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Jstock12 View Post
                      Can't believe I missed a showdown between Pangos and NWG today...

It seems that Nigel's Olympiacos came out on top against Kevin's Barcelona, 69-60.

NWG 10 pts, 4 asts, 4 rebs, 1 stl
                      Pangos 3 pts, 1 reb

Not sure what's up with Kevin. He's having a pretty poor year from the 3PT line, only 18% from three in the Euroleague...
                      Has NWG played against JP? Thought I read that the two were scheduled to play against each other at some point...maybe the game hasn't yet been played?

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                        Zag for Life
                        • Nov 2012

Here's the first episode of Euroleague Rooks, a cool inside look at NWG and teammate Zach LeDay in Greece.

Olympiacos’ Nigel Williams-Goss and Zach LeDay are featured in the debut episode of the “EuroLeague Rooks” series.

Comment

• MileHigh
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
                          Here's the first episode of Euroleague Rooks, a cool inside look at NWG and teammate Zach LeDay in Greece.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/eurolea...oks-episode-1/
                          Watching that really shows the difference between playing for a euroleague team like Olymiacos and a 2nd tier team overseas. Everything you see is first class (team furnished luxery apartment, arena, locker room, etc) 99% of the guys playing overseas dont have anything close to what NGW is enjoying.

I was a little surprised that they fly commercial though. Although most guys I know playing in Europe are playing on EuroCup and lower teams and they bus to games more often than not.

Comment

Working...
                          X