Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Kai Sotto's dad says GU has offered

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Yikes. Well, he IS tall.
    Yes. Outside of that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Not sure what the point of posting that was. Throwing shade on a 16-year-old is kind of low in my opinion.

Yikes. Well, he IS tall.
    Perhaps you missed the write up on him from scouts:

Kai could be the next Yao.

As good as Australia are, though, the tournament's best player did not play for them. By the competition's end, the player with the highest efficiency rating was the Philippines' own celebrated center Kai Sotto. The 7ft 1in (2.16m) Filipino giant may have fallen short of carrying the Philippines to a podium finish, but he certainly caught the attention of everyone who saw him play after norming 16.8 points, 13.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game. It's rare for a 15-year-old Asian to be his size, but it's even rarer for someone his size to have the skills he has shown this past week. If his growth, development and maturity don't get derailed, Kai could be Asia's next Yao Ming.

http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/...n-championship

the board is creating news....how funny...or scary

No thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Perhaps you missed the write up on him from scouts:

Kai could be the next Yao.

As good as Australia are, though, the tournament's best player did not play for them. By the competition's end, the player with the highest efficiency rating was the Philippines' own celebrated center Kai Sotto. The 7ft 1in (2.16m) Filipino giant may have fallen short of carrying the Philippines to a podium finish, but he certainly caught the attention of everyone who saw him play after norming 16.8 points, 13.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game. It's rare for a 15-year-old Asian to be his size, but it's even rarer for someone his size to have the skills he has shown this past week. If his growth, development and maturity don't get derailed, Kai could be Asia's next Yao Ming.

http://www.fiba.basketball/asia/u16/...n-championship
    Yes, well I have my opinion and stats are deceiving. And until another 150 pounds and at least one post move are added to this kid's repertoire it is exceedingly unfair to project that kind of expectation on this kid or any other kid that just happens to be tall.

This kid is going to be real good with the right kind of development (not sure if he's going to get that if he stays in the Philippines). I think he would be a great get.

You'd be hard pressed to find a 7'2 15 year old who is going to blow you away with their post moves and strength. I think his skill-set and athleticism are looking real nice for this point in his development, give him 3 more years to grow into his body and hit the weights, and then watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by jchocolate99 View Post
    No thanks...
    Ditto for me as well.

Yes, well I have my opinion and stats are deceiving. And until another 150 pounds and at least one post move are added to this kid's repertoire it is exceedingly unfair to project that kind of expectation on this kid or any other kid that just happens to be tall.
    He just turned 16. lol

He just turned 16. lol
    Well, exactly. Yet you are quoting someone that is tentatively projecting him to be Yao Ming. In reality, the comparison falls completely flat with the exception of height and Asian blood. As far as basketball skills, there is no touch, no footwork, no floor awareness, etc.

Well, exactly. Yet you are quoting someone that is tentatively projecting him to be Yao Ming. In reality, the comparison falls completely flat with the exception of height and Asian blood. As far as basketball skills, there is no touch, no footwork, no floor awareness, etc.
    And yet despite all of that he put up 16.8 points, 13.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game and was named 1st team All Asia U16. Imagine what he does when he learns how to play basketball (sarcasm). You missed your calling as a scout (more sarcasm).

And yet despite all of that he put up 16.8 points, 13.5 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per game and was named 1st team All Asia U16. Imagine what he does when he learns how to play basketball (sarcasm). You missed your calling as a scout (more sarcasm).
    We'll see.

First team All Asia is not all that impressive. Asians are pretty rare in D1 basketball.

He would disappear in a good high school league in the states at this point.

We'll see.

First team All Asia is not all that impressive. Asians are pretty rare in D1 basketball.

He would disappear in a good high school league in the states at this point.
    Australia and New Zealand play in FIBA Asia now and your last statement is pretty ignorant. But we'll find out soon enough because he'll face a major step up in competition in the FIBA U17's in Argentina in late June, early July vs the top teams in the world.

http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u17/2018

Australia and New Zealand play in FIBA Asia now and your last statement is pretty ignorant. But we'll find out soon enough because he'll face a major step up in competition in the FIBA U17's in Argentina in late June, early July vs the top teams in the world.

http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u17/2018
    Thanks for the compliments. Always nice having a conversation with you.

I'll say this. Yao Ming's legacy is in no danger and if the Zags need this guy to continue their run, they won't.
    Last edited by Markburn1; 05-06-2018 at 02:29 PM.

Is Tommy Lloyd recruiting him? If so, I'll take his observations over anyone here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Kai's latest game highlights fast forward to 0:22 that up and under against a chinese bigman is special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmeil1mvQ50

he will in be in the US for a training camp in preparation for for the U17 FIBA world cup

Recruitable! So much better! What a huge difference. Worth a look.

Give me Chikara Tanaka

https://youtu.be/FrxYb5DWU8w

Quote Originally Posted by exclusivelee View Post
    Give me Chikara Tanaka

https://youtu.be/FrxYb5DWU8w
    Doesn't hurt that Ira! is his mentor.

Another couple inches of height...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    Is Tommy Lloyd recruiting him? If so, I'll take his observations over anyone here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Not that has been stated, this is basically fan fiction at this point. Kid is so raw. Hes got the frame, all depends on how that frame develops over the next couple years. Hard Pass.

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Zagcity View Post
    Bump
    Why?

So my shtick has always been that we're irrelevant, anonymous dorks posting on a message board that has zero bearing on anything related to the team whatsoever. Well, we may not be as irrelevant as I thought; Fox Sports Philippines wrote an article based on this thread and a direct link to it. lol:

http://www.foxsports.ph/basketball/8...rsity-recruit/

Well, from that video we know he can draw a lot of fouls!! Poor kid was getting killed. Got to love his foot work, co-ordination, and skills for someone his age and height.

Wow, that is just terrible journalism. Maybe acceptable for a random blog, but not a legitimate news source. Basing a story on someone posting a question on a fan forum? SMH