X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

DWade wants the Sonics back in Seattle and he wants to own them

Wade, who already has a growing portfolio of business interests, said he is “definitely” interested in being part of an ownership group some day. When asked where, he responded instantly and emphatically: Seattle.

"I think Seattle is a great basketball town. I would love to be a part of that," Wade said in an interview with Bloomberg when asked about potentially being a part of an NBA ownership group one day.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time
  • zag944
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I’m sure a chat with any Seattle politician will quickly dampen that enthusiasm. My kids are 5 and 3 and I doubt it happens in their childhood. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by zag944 View Post
      I’m sure a chat with any Seattle politician will quickly dampen that enthusiasm. My kids are 5 and 3 and I doubt it happens in their childhood. Hope I’m wrong.
      Why would they be against it? With the full remodel of the Key, all done with private money, the city has little to nothing to lose. It seems like a no brainer.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• zag944
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I don’t foresee an ownership group having any interest in the Key, and I don’t see Seattle having interest in anything else. Again, I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

BTW - Is the current renovation of Key Arena 100% about bringing it up to NBA standards?? Any chance that a new arena might be built instead elsewhere in the city?

Comment

• willandi
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
            BTW - Is the current renovation of Key Arena 100% about bringing it up to NBA standards?? Any chance that a new arena might be built instead elsewhere in the city?
            As I understand it, it will be NBA compliant.

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

The city of Seattle on Tuesday was scheduled to announce its Memorandum of Understanding with the L.A.-based Oak View Group, which plans to spend $600 million renovating the arena for NBA and NHL use.

Comment

• CDC84
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Where's Seattle U going to play the next couple of seasons? Man, when Key reopens, rent is going to be sky high. Seattle U has got to figure out a way to buy a lot of land somewhere (even if it is not super close to campus) and build their own gym. It not only costs a ton of money to rent a city owned arena, but you don't make a dime on concessions. It's costing the program a lot of money. A new, smaller gym would also provide a more intimidating home floor atmosphere. Key is just too massive, and it will continue to be when it reopens.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Maybe they could burn David Stern's effigy at the grand re-opening ceremony if Seattle gets a new NBA team before Key reopens.

Comment

Working...
                  X