Thread: Reid Travis choses Kentucky in todays "Way too Early" rankings.. Zags no 4.

Default Reid Travis choses Kentucky in todays "Way too Early" rankings.. Zags no 4.

Zags zero for two with Travis; he must really hate us.

Not upset with Calipari: did what he’s supposed to do, and was decent about Wiltjer’s transfer.

Was Gonzaga even pursuing him? The Zags have enough frontcourt players already. What they need is a PG.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    The Zags have enough frontcourt players already. What they need is a PG.
    this. and then some, imho.

Perkins is hopeful but a gamble with his return. Once he returns, how healthy will be? Full strength, limited, potential re-injury of a unpredictable joint, etc.

I love Ayayi's future and expected talent, yet he just turned 18 and still learning the game. Elite defender, fast, athletic, smart, yet still a ways away from being consistent enough to be counted on as a lead PG for Gonzaga. Will provide terrific depth and versatility, yet experience is desperately needed, and back-up plan IF Perkins is behind schedule. Shoulders are tricky joints.

Geno Crandall would be a nice option to have in our back pocket.

Cremo would have been next level awesome, but Geno would be a luxury at this point. Here's to hoping.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...lanning-visit/

Here for Hoopfest. I'm thinking he'll sign. Towson kid is coming as well. He'll sit out for a ear though.

Was Gonzaga even pursuing him? The Zags have enough frontcourt players already. What they need is a PG.
    Not even. Close. Our front court is way too small. Yes they might be good in height, but we don’t have a true rim protector ... Tillie and run are good enough vs WCC, but you saw what FSU did to us...they kicked our ass without Tillie and I’m not sure it’d have been any different with him honestly

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Two teams listed as former number 2 and no team listed as former number 4 (the position occupied by Gonzaga). Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    this. and then some, imho.

Perkins is hopeful but a gamble with his return. Once he returns, how healthy will be? Full strength, limited, potential re-injury of a unpredictable joint, etc.

I love Ayayi's future and expected talent, yet he just turned 18 and still learning the game. Elite defender, fast, athletic, smart, yet still a ways away from being consistent enough to be counted on as a lead PG for Gonzaga. Will provide terrific depth and versatility, yet experience is desperately needed, and back-up plan IF Perkins is behind schedule. Shoulders are tricky joints.

Geno Crandall would be a nice option to have in our back pocket.

Cremo would have been next level awesome, but Geno would be a luxury at this point. Here's to hoping.
    Let’s not get carried away with “elite defender” I agree on ayayis potential, he’s quickly growing imo ... but let’s be real... there’s not going to be another good option for PG that can start with Perkins or norvell coming this season. They will be the best we have Regardless. I don’t think anyone eclipses those two... just too damn good and a lot of chemistry. Good news is that those two are better than most in the country... which sucks bc if we had another elite down post guy I think we’d really have a shot. While Tillie, Rui and Clarke are great... neither of them are what I’d call “elite” ... PK was elite
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    which sucks bc if we had another elite down post guy I think we’d really have a shot. While Tillie, Rui and Clarke are great... neither of them are what I’d call “elite” ... PK was elite
    the moment we play a team with a 6'10", 250lb post guy, like Michigan and Texas A&M had last year (our woulda beeen Elite 8 match-ups), who the heck defends him w/out fouling?

Rui 6'8" 225lbs
    Tillie 6'10" 215lbs
    Clark 6'8" 215 lbs

Forced to double often as they did vs Jock, but SMC didn't have another big on the roster to really pass to, only guards.

It'd be nice to have some muscle/bulk/strength down low on this roster.

For whatever reason, Larsen shrunk in size AFTER arriving at Gonzaga. He may be stronger, but they opted to lean him out, not build bulk. There is a fine line b/w evolving your post to accomodate the new wave of post players, or chalk it up to having a prodding 7' BEAST we could have had in Larsen.

He was muscled up before his injury, and has a frame to add serious size. We have not done that with him, choosing quickness over strength, yet we have enough of that, we need some BULK.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

truth

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Two teams listed as former number 2 and no team listed as former number 4 (the position occupied by Gonzaga). Doh!
    Seedings and experience might matter to a bright boy.