Thread: Things I have Not Been Doing

Default Things I have Not Been Doing

Been a while since I visited the Foo, couple weeks anyway. Thought I would catch everyone up on what I haven't been doing.

Publishing
    Reproducing
    Recording a new hit
    Scoring a new movie
    Scoring
    Dieting
    Attending Mandatory Mini-Camp
    Pinch Hitting
    Breaking Par
    Breaking Bad
    Baking
    Crocheting
    Caddying
    Nuclear Weapons diplomacy
    diplomacy (general)

How 'bout y'all? What have you not been doing?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

-Lawyering
    -Camping
    -Shooting
    -Playing football, flag football, full court basketball, ultimate frisbee, ultimate football, or any other sport that requires acceleration or cutting.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    -Lawyering
    -Camping
    -Shooting
    -Playing football, flag football, full court basketball, ultimate frisbee, ultimate football, or any other sport that requires acceleration or cutting.
    Me, neither. Except for a couple of them.

Shooting for instance, I shot baskets with my daughter, but I haven't shot anything dead, which is what I'm sure you meant.

Other things I haven't done:

Autopsied anything
    hijacked anything
    Bagged anything big
    foraged for anything except keys
    crammed for anything
    prosecuted anything
    legislated anything

I've had a couple good cheeseburgers, though.

Anyone else not doing anything fun?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

High speed go-kart racing. Those injuries take too long to heal after 40.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Running.

I used to run a lot. Almost every day. Twenty-thirty miles per week. Then I blew my knees out.

Did I do it rock climbing? Nope. Parachute jumping? Nope. Playing any of the high risk competitive sports that I did when I was in my teens, twenties, and thirties? Nada. Was the injury sustained in combat or during one of the myriad of Army training events that I participated in? No.

I blew my knees pushing two babies in a jogging stroller.

I just found out that I won a drawing for entry in a highly selective 10K road race - one that I was never lucky enough to compete in when I could really run. I haven’t completed a 10K in ten years.

I’d better start running.

Going to the office
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right