Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dunks, Only: GU All-Dunk Team

Why has nobody mentioned Reed Schifferman????
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Why has nobody mentioned Reed Schifferman????
    Was just going to post this comment ..... ANY Gonzaga "All Dunk" team HAS to include Reed Schifferman. Period. End of Story.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Was just going to post this comment ..... ANY Gonzaga "All Dunk" team HAS to include Reed Schifferman. Period. End of Story.
    Amen!
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Couldn't find it on youtube, but I recall a Pargo to Heytvelt pass & dunk vs Texas (Durant, in Phoenix?).

Run-out, Pargo just inside half court lobs to JH. Looks like ball is going out of bounds, Josh goes up & saves it & one-hands it in one motion. Pretty sweet.
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."

The best thing about GUBoards is the opportunity to learn about the great pre-1999 history of Gonzaga basketball. I am presuming he is pre-1999 because I cannot recall the name.

Tell us a story, GZ

I'm also disappointed that no one seconded how great JWIII could be with his dunks from underneath, the "with attitude" sudden flush in traffic.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

He can’t be that good. I’ve never seen his Youtube mix tape.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    He can’t be that good. I’ve never seen his Youtube mix tape.
    Schiff's not on YouTube. You need a BetaMax.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    Schiff's not on YouTube. You need a BetaMax.
    My highlights are all shown on my mom’s VHS camcorder. The footage is wobbly beyond belief, filled with her raucous screaming, and usually included plenty of footage of gym ceilings and bleacher floors from small Montana high schools. She’d forget to keep filming whenever one of her boys made a play and start jumping up and down while holding the camera. Watching those videos gives people motion sickness.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Ok...for a Honorable Mention ….there was Charlie Jordan who nearly led the Nation in rebounding at 14 per game along with averaging 12 points...played with Burgess in the late 50's/60's …

As improbable as it may sound, he never knew his father and was raised by his mother on a Indian Reservation near Palm Springs...won a basketball scholarship at Gonzaga, graduated, went on to graduate school at Loma Linda (USC) and was the first black Portland City Councilman …..and Director of Parks and Recreation...served on President Reagan's Outdoor Recreation Committee …. Awarded a Law Degree from Vermont......

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Ok...for a Honorable Mention ….there was Charlie Jordan who nearly led the Nation in rebounding at 14 per game along with averaging 12 points...played with Burgess in the late 50's/60's …

As improbable as it may sound, he never knew his father and was raised by his mother on a Indian Reservation near Palm Springs...won a basketball scholarship at Gonzaga, graduated, went on to graduate school at Loma Linda (USC) and was the first black Portland City Councilman …..and Director of Parks and Recreation...served on President Reagan's Outdoor Recreation Committee …. Awarded a Law Degree from Vermont......
    Now that's a nice story.

Sounds like they started defining being a "Zag" real early, somewhat like Burgess' story himself. Wish I could have met/seen him.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Dixie....that story was more or less for you...there was a fire brand black lawyer in Spokane at the time, Carl Maxey, and he mentored the half dozen black kids at Gonzaga...
    Last edited by bartruff1; 06-14-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Dixie....that story was more or less for you...there was a fire brand black lawyer in Spokane at the time, Carl Maxey, and he mentored the half dozen black kids at Gonzaga...
    Well, it was a great story that I'm sure many will appreciate, so thank you.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Tell us a story, GZ
    Here's the story that I told 8 years ago ... and while the Schifferman dunk referenced in the link didn't shatter the backboard (and yes ... they WERE glass backboards back then) it WAS definitely a rim-shaking jam ......

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...771#post577771