Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Ravet

Look at their schedule and results....they won most of their games by 40 or more....he might consider transferring to a Findlay Prep or similar...... like Williams Goss and others have...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Look at their schedule and results....they won most of their games by 40 or more....he might consider transferring to a Findlay Prep or similar...... like Williams Goss and others have...
    I wish he would as he already has 2 state Championships under his belt, Player of the Year, MVP of Tournament X2, Conference POY X2, averaged over 30 ppg, etc etc.

Nothing left to prove.

Really should challenge himself during his final season. Fine tune his game even if he sacrifices his stats some.

Brock isn't required to play any defense and it's the one area he desperately needs to work on, and gain more experience. The only thing holding him back and playing vs better/bigger/atheltic players will help him develop better habits, instincts, skills.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

If he goes to Findlay Prep, fine. If he doesn't, fine. Either way he'll play for Gonzaga. I hope he stays home so he can enjoy his family and friends who live in Kittitas. The day he leaves for Gonzaga his life is going to change dramatically; so I hope he stays in Kittitas one more year. When it comes to playing basketball he has the skills and mental approach to the game to play for Gonzaga. I totally agree that he has enough trophies and doesn't need more. He won't be playing for that. I believe he plays now for his family and friends. That's how kids from small towns like Kittitas are.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Yes because he won’t play in 40 point blowouts and will be expected to play tremendous defense there...He’s just fine where he’s at.

Or maybe he would just like to play (& graduate) with his buddies & play his Sr. year for his dad.
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Or maybe he would just like to play (& graduate) with his buddies & play his Sr. year for his dad.
    Good grief....I never said he should do anything....I said, he "might consider"....and in fact I suspect he has.....I would be surprised if he has not spoken to Nigel about it...

Good grief....I never said he should do anything....I said, he "might consider"....and in fact I suspect he has.....I would be surprised if he has not spoken to Nigel about it...

Was not directed at you, Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Was not directed at you, Bart.
    Sure...just because I stayed at home till I was 40 and played hearts with my grandma on Saturday nights....!!

Sure...just because I stayed at home till I was 40 and played hearts with my grandma on Saturday nights....!!
    I’ll bet the competition was intense.
    "What is the ugliest part of your body?...I say it's your mind". F. Z.

Hey me too. Did your grandma play Elvis all day long too?
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Hey me too. Did your grandma play Elvis all day long too?
    My grandma impersonated Elvis all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by stevet75 View Post
    I’ll bet the competition was intense.
    She was nearly blind ….so I always won....

She was nearly blind ….so I always won....
    Well my Grandma wasn't blind, but I ALWAYS volunteered to keep score.

Gonzaga Guru

@GonzagaGuru
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Brock Ravet now has a @ESPN profile. 2019 Gonzaga commit @Brock3ravet is rated as a 4-star, grade of 80 & 4th highest prospect in Washington state. ESPN recently elevated fellow Zag Anton Watson @twonster4080 as a 4-star, #49 overall & grade of 86 in 2019 http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...80/brock-ravet

Brock is listed as 6’1”? Thought he was taller...
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Brock is listed as 6’1”? Thought he was taller...
    6’1” may be generous.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    6’1” may be generous.
    Hence the canny step back “jump” shot.

National Prep Hoops

@HoopReview
    9h9 hours ago
    More
    The Zags have a Great prospect in @Brock3ravet on the way! He is one of the most efficient scorers in the country

"National Prep Hoops
    @HoopReview
    We are the home of National Prep Review. We cover the whole country from coast to coast . Coverage on the top Prep programs and Prep Stars and AAU events."

I agree.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Another great stat line. I can only imagine how much he will improve as a Zag!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Another great stat line. I can only imagine how much he will improve as a Zag!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very Impressive

I’d be super impressed by anyone who could drop 7 of 10 beyond the arc if they were unguarded. This is eye-popping!

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    I’d be super impressed by anyone who could drop 7 of 10 beyond the arc if they were unguarded. This is eye-popping!
    In 8 AAU games for WA Supreme, Brock is shooting 35% from 3pt. Solid but not earth shattering. This game should improve those #'s.

He has been good but also streaky. His overall FG% has been 39%, which has been average for a lead guard. His shooting was better in the regional tournaments and his HS season

That said, playing confident, showing off multiple ways of scoring/shooting vs more athletic players, and leads the team in minutes.

He has a knack for making incredibly tough, guarded shots, and finds ways to get the ball in the hoop.

Opposing teams pick on his defense but Brock puts in the effort.

He will improve.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Nice start to July for Brock!

A point a minute is pretty good for any player, especially when none were dunks and short range put backs.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!