Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brock Ravet

Who’s Zack Paulson?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Who’s Zack Paulson?
    a 6'4 sg from Tacoma that is apparently a good 3 point shooter as he scored 9 points in that game, all on 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Another great stat line. I can only imagine how much he will improve as a Zag!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Brock the top rebounder with 6!!! LOL.

Either that team really takes care of the ball with a 22 to 0 assist to turnover ratio or they don't count turnovers in AAU ball??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Either that team really takes care of the ball with a 22 to 0 assist to turnover ratio or they don't count turnovers in AAU ball??

Kinda' like some of the baseball games I've coached. Depends on whose Mom is keeping the book!!

"I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Or nobody bothers to play defense.

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    Or nobody bothers to play defense.
    This.

Gonzaga Guru

@GonzagaGuru
    1h1 hour ago
    More
    Brock Ravet had 22 points, 6 assists, 2 steals, & 2 rebounds on 4/10 3PT & 5/8 2PT in a big win tonight. This morning, the Gonzaga commit dropped 16 pts & 2 ast with 4 3's. Last night he had an impressive 10 pts, 9 ast, 5 reb, & 2 stl on 2/4 3PT & 2/4 2 PT

https://twitter.com/GonzagaGuru/stat...36923501813760

Thanks for the update on Brock. By the time he finishes his career at Gonzaga, he is going to be an Eastern Washington legend. I know a lot of folks on this board disparage him, in not a nasty way, but I am a believer. Of course, doesn't hurt to have Reborn and his input on the board. And I really appreciate his assessment. Brock is going to be a star! Book it!

Al Ward

@AWProductions_
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Washington Supreme 17U Finished 4-1 and Clinched a spot for Las Vegas #UAAFinals @UAassociation @WASupreme #AWPro

https://twitter.com/AWProductions_/s...71411951648769

Joel Francisco

@JoelFranHoops
    Follow Follow @JoelFranHoops
    More
    #UAAFinals highlights: 2020 Lamont “Ice” Butler hits clutch fts in win over New Heights...Nico Mannion continues to crush foes..Gonzaga got a good one in 6-1 pg Brock Ravet

Joel Francisco
    @JoelFranHoops
    Basketball Scout 30+ years/Prephoops.com So-Cal scouting coordinator/ESPN 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Brock the top rebounder with 6!!! LOL.
    In 27 minutes. Pretty cool.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

Courtside Films

@CourtsideFilms
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    NEW: 2019 Gonzaga Commit Brock Ravet Summer Highlights With Washington Supreme!

https://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/939615

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Gonzaga Guru Retweeted

Courtside Films

@CourtsideFilms
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    NEW: 2019 Gonzaga Commit Brock Ravet Summer Highlights With Washington Supreme!

https://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/939615
    He kind of reminds me of Dickau although I never saw Dan before he came to Gonzaga. He has a quick release, shifty feet, drives to the hoop and dishes pretty good too. There weren't any clips of defense, so couldn't judge that, and don't know how well Dickau played D in HS anyway.

Thanks for sharing. He will only get better.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

Thanks for sharing. He will only get better.

I think you are correct that he will get better, but I think the total amount of improvement that is possible will be far lower than for some other players.

I'm not basing that off Brock's focus, or intention, or work ethic, which I'm assuming to be excellent.

But since he is in the son of a long time coach and has been taught the game very early on and has been playing it in very organized leagues since he could barely dribble, he isn't nearly as "raw" as a super talented athlete who comes to the sport later in life. (and maybe who has experienced far less coaching and far fewer hours of drills/practice/film throughout high school years.)

A Rui, or Ayaayi, or Olynyk comes to the team as an 18yr old nowhere close to their own personal ceiling. Ravet is probably much nearer to his.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I think you are correct that he will get better, but I think the total amount of improvement that is possible will be far lower than for some other players.

I'm not basing that off Brock's focus, or intention, or work ethic, which I'm assuming to be excellent.

But since he is in the son of a long time coach and has been taught the game very early on and has been playing it in very organized leagues since he could barely dribble, he isn't nearly as "raw" as a super talented athlete who comes to the sport later in life. (and maybe who has experienced far less coaching and far fewer hours of drills/practice/film throughout high school years.)

A Rui, or Ayaayi, or Olynyk comes to the team as an 18yr old nowhere close to their own personal ceiling. Ravet is probably much nearer to his.
    I believe Kelly Olynyk was also the son of a coach. He came up playing PG mostly until late in high school.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quick release and killer instinct is good to have on the team, especially to motivate and push others.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I believe Kelly Olynyk was also the son of a coach. He came up playing PG mostly until late in high school.

If that's the case, i stand corrected. Though there still would have been the obvious room for improvement based on KO having a new position, role, and basically a new body upon his final high school year or arrival at GU.

Despite being a coaches son, Brock will have to learn to play in a system where he is not the only featured player and will have to learn to play hard nosed defense, if some of the other posters are correct.

I don't think any High School player has reached anything near their ceiling. There are just too many things that can be improved on, adjusted and embellished. If he has reached his ceiling, he will have trouble playing at Gonzaga.

Despite being a coaches son, Brock will have to learn to play in a system where he is not the only featured player and will have to learn to play hard nosed defense, if some of the other posters are correct.

I don't think any High School player has reached anything near their ceiling. There are just too many things that can be improved on, adjusted and embellished. If he has reached his ceiling, he will have trouble playing at Gonzaga.
    You mean where he won't be a featured player...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaholicPodcast View Post
    You mean where he won't be a featured player...
    No. I meant not the only featured player.

If he is capable, as a point guard, of distributing the ball and still scoring 20+ a game, he will be A featured player.

No. I meant not the only featured player.

If he is capable, as a point guard, of distributing the ball and still scoring 20+ a game, he will be A featured player.
    Do you feel this team is still on the same trajectory it was, in March 2017? Next year's team may have Zach Norvell and Brandon Clarke, to go along with Filip Petrusev and the junior year version of Corey Kispert. As well, they are making a play at Boogie Ellis, and they have Anton Watson coming in the same year. I guess I'm not seeing where Brock would be a featured player? If they thought Brock was a "featured" player, or had strong potential for it, do you think they are offering Boogie Ellis? It's possible, I suppose. But I think the confidence in Brock on these boards is probably the highest, as compared to other portions of Zagdom.

My magic 8 ball is not allowing me to see the future as clearly as some here-- so I will wait to see how Brock does this year and when he gets into college before I relegate him to the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaholicPodcast View Post
    Do you feel this team is still on the same trajectory it was, in March 2017? Next year's team may have Zach Norvell and Brandon Clarke, to go along with Filip Petrusev and the junior year version of Corey Kispert. As well, they are making a play at Boogie Ellis, and they have Anton Watson coming in the same year. I guess I'm not seeing where Brock would be a featured player? If they thought Brock was a "featured" player, or had strong potential for it, do you think they are offering Boogie Ellis? It's possible, I suppose. But I think the confidence in Brock on these boards is probably the highest, as compared to other portions of Zagdom.
    Why is next year, his freshman year your litmus test? It may take him a few years to be a featured player. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Why is next year, his freshman year your litmus test? It may take him a few years to be a featured player. Who knows?
    It doesn't get easier in 2020 with Dominic Harris and those that join him. As well, unless this program takes a major step backward, it won't be easier in 2021 or 2022.