• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Me...as you and others have pointed out....his size...... the fact that he plays in a B league ......questions about his defense....his step back shot...I am under the impression that he is not a highly rated recruit nor have many..... if any.... D! schools expressed a interest in him....those are reasons...….. if you don't think they are reasonable....that is your opinion...
    With ya, Bart.

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

I'm not sure if Jazz was talking about Ravet when he said that his coachbelieved he would not play much at Gonzaga. The post talks about two people, Petrusiv and Brock. Which one's coach said that? Brock's dad is his coach, and I know him, and I doubt he would have let his son go to Gonzaga if he did not believe his son would play at GU. Honestly, I understand why you would use Jazz for a reference because he thinks like you. He has seldom, if ever, someone like Brock Ravet could EVER play at GU. Brock agreed to play for Mark Few a long, long time ago. Was it in his Sophomore year? Why would any other D1 schools try to recruit Brock after he signed with Gonzaga? Also Pendo played in a B league, and I believed signed with Gonzaga his Sophomore year too. I would say he played for GU and played pretty damn well. Stephen Gray was playing for a team in the A league when I believed he signed with Gonzaga too. I know that he did transfer to a 4A school his last two years, but I think he had already signed. Stephen is one of my All-Time favorite Zags, and I believe Ravet is better offensively. i'm not sure about defensively yet. Two things they are equal in are a) they hate to lose, and b) they are tough. GU tough.

Go Zags!!!
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• maynard g krebs
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

When did Ravet's coach say he wouldn't play much at GU? I've been reading pretty much every off season post, and I missed that. Would appreciate seeing the quote.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
          When did Ravet's coach say he wouldn't play much at GU? I've been reading pretty much every off season post, and I missed that. Would appreciate seeing the quote.
          Kevin Boyle, Montverde coach, about Filip.

Comment

• bartruff1
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

That is why I had that "?" in my post...it wasn't clear to me if Jazz was talking about Brock...in any case, I think it is reasonable to have concerns about Brock's impact at Gonzaga.....time will tell...

Comment

• maynard g krebs
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Kevin Boyle, Montverde coach, about Filip.
              Thanks. I would assume he meant as a freshman.

Comment

• West Side Lady
                Kennel Club Material
                • Apr 2017

nor have many..... if any.... D! schools expressed a interest in him
                Why would they? He already committed.
                I doubt Kittitas is the first place D1 coaches are looking.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                  Thanks. I would assume he meant as a freshman.
                  And an acknowledgment of the Zags brilliant returning trio of bigs.

Comment

• ZagaholicPodcast
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Robzagnut View Post
                    Sheesh, what a slow week... Here's what I got out of all this discussion:

I'm right = Critical thinking
                    You're wrong = Your opinion
                    You can be factually wrong and still have engaged in critical thought.

As far as Brock goes. Only time will tell. If someone sees something concerning, and they can articulate why, and defend it....then that's productive. Criticisms without a reasonable defense are not necessary. Nor is praise with the same lack of foundation. Brock can shoot, and he fixed his shot. He deserves recognition for that. He has yet to show he can play defense, and he is a shorter player with less length than Pendo. Shorter players are inherently less versatile. A 6-5/6-6 player like Pendo could defend just about 3 positions, and could be utilized in offensive sets with more breadth of responsibility.

If Brock comes out and is some poor man's-poor man's Steph Curry, then this team will be really hard to beat, next season. If all he ends up being able to do is shoot, and can't play D...he'll be on the bench quite a bit working on his sideline celebrations.

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagaholicPodcast View Post
                      You can be factually wrong and still have engaged in critical thought.

So at this point in time does "Felix sucks" meet either of those criteria?
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                        Zag for Life
                        • May 2008

Me...as you and others have pointed out....his size...... the fact that he plays in a B league ......questions about his defense....his step back shot...I am under the impression that he is not a highly rated recruit nor have many..... if any.... D! schools expressed a interest in him...in post #133 Jazz says his coach (?) has doubts he will play much at Gonzaga.... .those are reasons...….. if you don't think they are reasonable....that is your opinion...
                        Not sure what coach you are talking about in regards to Ravet as his Dad coaches him and I doubt he'd say that. He is #77 overall in 247Sports and #24 Combo Guard on ESPN (80 rating). As for having no D1 schools interest is one of the most absurd things I've ever read on here. His lack of offers is probably due to the fact that he has been committed since June of last year before his HS junior season. Teams knowing he is a solid commit is going to make them much less likely to offer.

Comment

• doctorzag
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2009

That is why I had that "?" in my post...it wasn't clear to me if Jazz was talking about Brock...in any case, I think it is reasonable to have concerns about Brock's impact at Gonzaga.....time will tell...
                          Well if its not clear don't post it. And common sense would tell you his own father would not have said it. As for the B-league competition,he was second highest scorer and shot 41.5% from 3 and best Asst to turnover ratio on Washington Supreme aau team this summer. Easily their best player.

Comment

• bartruff1
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2010

I apologize, I made a assumption and it was wrong....

Comment

• MileHigh
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by doctorzag View Post
                              Well if its not clear don't post it. And common sense would tell you his own father would not have said it. As for the B-league competition,he was second highest scorer and shot 41.5% from 3 and best Asst to turnover ratio on Washington Supreme aau team this summer. Easily their best player.
                              I think most would say that Emmitt Mathews was the best player on that Washington Supreme team. He is a 2018 kid that played in the spring as an unsigned senior. Was leading scorer for Supreme and signed with West Virginia

Comment

• doctorzag
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MileHigh View Post
                                I think most would say that Emmitt Mathews was the best player on that Washington Supreme team. He is a 2018 kid that played in the spring as an unsigned senior. Was leading scorer for Supreme and signed with West Virginia
                                He did edge out Ravet in scoring 16.3 to 14.7 but Mattews was a terrible shooter. .343 overall and .293 from 3. Ravet .414 overall and .413 from 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X