View Poll Results: Who will end the season as the points per game leader?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tillie

5 4.20%
  • Rui

44 36.97%
  • Norvell

55 46.22%
  • Clarke

7 5.88%
  • Other/How great is it that so many guys could go for 25+

8 6.72%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Leading Scorer Next Season Is:

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I can't believe how many people overlooked Kong Kool Aid's post. He could be hinting at a huge get and no one noticed.
    We will know when we know.

As for leading scorer? I couldn’t care less. I liked last year where at one point fairly deep into the season 6 Zags averaged double figures.

I can't believe how many people overlooked Kong Kool Aid's post. He could be hinting at a huge get and no one noticed.
    Maybe some of us overlooked it because it makes no sense?

We have multiple NBA players on the roster. Reid Travis and Matt Daum are not coming.

Still hoping we can add a guard to add to the rotation, but none that are available for 2018 will be scoring more than Norvell much less our trio of bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

We have multiple NBA players on the roster. Reid Travis and Matt Daum are not coming.
    So you're saying that there's a chance Gonzaga gets Mike Daum?

All kidding aside, my vote is for Zach Norvell, the gunslinger with the ulimate greenlight as a freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

Still hoping we can add a guard to add to the rotation, but none that are available for 2018 will be scoring more than Norvell much less our trio of bigs.
    Or maybe you just weren't paying attention. Look at GZ's post above yours, he didn't refute what KKA posted, granted he didn't confirm it, but he didn't refute it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    We will know when we know.

As for leading scorer? I couldn’t care less. I liked last year where at one point fairly deep into the season 6 Zags averaged double figures.
    Me too....the last leading scorer I can remember was Wiltjer ….I have no idea what Sabonis or Collins averaged.... whatever it was.... it didn't appear to matter....I recall that Pangos went a game without scoring a point and I assume that was to make a point...

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Love how much people are underestimating Killian Tillie. If he consistently plays consistent, him and Rui will be our best players.
    I don't think anyone does, and honestly, I believe he is the best all around basketball player/prospect on the team, including Rui. A perfect mix of skills, attributes, and does everything really well, save consistency

Tillie can score 25 in one game and make it look easy, then score 5 the next...

Still only 12 ppg average doing that...and Rui and Norvell will likely have higher averages as a result.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Play defense.

Scoring won't be an issue.

3's count more than 2's.

Norvell over Rui.

Also, Rui and Tillie will get more fouls and play less minutes than Norvell.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    3's count more than 2's. Norvell over Rui. Also, Rui and Tillie will get more fouls and play less minutes than Norvell.

I agree based on the end of last year. However, Rui could have a KO transformation that could change the optics from last years play. At least that is my hope. Hope that KT also makes positive steps as well.. offense and defense.

Go Zags!

Markburn has it. I suspect4- 5 guys will coalesce around 14 ppg. If I had to guess who scores the most among equals, I'd say Norvell. He's a bomber and he drives the key very well with great body control. Josh and Ayayi will find the scorers while doing a good job themselves.

I just want to see Norvell improve his shot selection enough to shoot 40% from 3 instead of 35. He's certainly capable of it. Adam went up from low 30's to 43-44 btw his soph year and jr year.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I don't think anyone does, and honestly, I believe he is the best all around basketball player/prospect on the team, including Rui. A perfect mix of skills, attributes, and does everything really well, save consistency

Tillie can score 25 in one game and make it look easy, then score 5 the next...

Still only 12 ppg average doing that...and Rui and Norvell will likely have higher averages as a result.
    I think many do and I think many believe Clarke is LeBron James and will be our best player.

In case you missed my earlier post I have Rui and Norvell leading us in scoring. However, I believe Tillie will be our best player.

Assume he’s wishing for Travis. Sigh. Long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Assume he’s wishing for Travis. Sigh. Long shot.
    I have a no idea but he did follow his statement up with three… Which often times means to be continued. But that just could be my overactive imagination, but GZ did not refute it either. We will know in due time I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Rui, though it will be close between him and the others. Our attack will be balanced and lethal.

Agree!
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I don't even know who led last year......
    Ha, I saw this and I was thinking "I don't know either"...so before I Louggle it..iam going to say JW3

Edit: winner winner
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

I have a no idea but he did follow his statement up with three… Which often times means to be continued. But that just could be my overactive imagination, but GZ did not refute it either. We will know in due time I suppose.
    Reading way too much into it! It’s like Christmas Eve for you...I love this time too!
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Reading way too much into it! It’s like Christmas Eve for you...I love this time too!
    Probably. But isn't it just a little bit interesting that neither the OP of that post nor GZ refuted it? Granted, they did not confirm it, but they did not refute it either. But yes, it is most likely my overactive imagination.

Probably. But isn't it just a little bit interesting that neither the OP of that post nor GZ refuted it? Granted, they did not confirm it, but they did not refute it either. But yes, it is most likely my overactive imagination.
    You're putting waaay to much emphasis on the "GZ didn't refute it" aspect (mentioned several times now).

Until a kid actually makes a firm commitment, anything can happen. Thus ... there is no way anybody (other than the player or the University) can "confirm" or "deny' anything. Am I hopeful that another high level prospect (or two) will be on the roster next year? Yes. Do I "know" anything concrete one way or another? No. But I'm hopeful. Very hopeful.

You're putting waaay to much emphasis on the "GZ didn't refute it" aspect (mentioned several times now).

Until a kid actually makes a firm commitment, anything can happen. Thus ... there is no way anybody (other than the player or the University) can "confirm" or "deny' anything. Am I hopeful that another high level prospect (or two) will be on the roster next year? Yes. Do I "know" anything concrete one way or another? No. But I'm hopeful. Very hopeful.
    I've put a lot of emphasis on it because I put a lot of belief in your credibility. In the 20 some odd years that I've been posting on the different versions of this board the only time that I can remember you ever being wrong is about Nolan Narain and apparently that was him being less than 100% truthful plus he turned out to be a bust anyway.

What's your vibe on Drew Timme, GZ? We're now one of over two dozen schools that have offered this young man a scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Not on the team yet....
    I can't remember the last time an incoming transfer lead the team in scoring. Wiltjer and NWG did it after redshirt years, not a true 'incoming' transfer. I don't think we have ever had a freshman (in my memory) lead scoring and I don't see any out there now that are going to be able to do that.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I can't remember the last time an incoming transfer lead the team in scoring. Wiltjer and NWG did it after redshirt years, not a true 'incoming' transfer. I don't think we have ever had a freshman (in my memory) lead scoring and I don't see any out there now that are going to be able to do that.
    You don't think Daum or Travis would lead the team in scoring?

You don't think Daum or Travis would lead the team in scoring?
    I don't see anything making me believe they are coming here.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I just don't think we need another big. I'd love to see another G for depth. That being said... either of those dudes want to come to GU... I am all for it.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death