X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hooter73
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

On Katz podcast Few reiterated how much Rui defers out of respect for the elders and all that on not being the first option. He's obviously got it in him but you are talking about a lifetime of cultural customs to basically suppress on the court for him. Makes me like him even more, but I dont think we will see him go off for wiltjer or ammo numbers. Norvell on the other hand might get there just due to wanting it and not being afraid to let it fly. Thats not always the best approach but hard to deny that the kid has the killer instinct mindset weve been lacking for a while.

Comment

• Robzagnut
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

Rui.

Norvell is too hot & cold to be consistent from game to game.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
        Not on the team yet....
        Cryptic.....got an inside scoop?

Comment

• amaronizag
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Jul 2013

Last year the order of scoring was this: J3, Tille, Zach, Josh, Rui, Silas, Corey, Jacob
          This year I predict the order to be: Zach, Rui, Brandon, Killian, Josh, Joel, Corey, Jacob, Filip, new guard

Last year Zach had a slightly better FG% than Josh because Zach takes it stronger to the hoop and scores inside more. With more experience and more minutes in the coming season, I think Zach will step up his scoring compared to last year, but not by a lot due to the scoring options at all positions. Killian will play slightly more minutes and be better so he will improve slightly in all scoring categories compared to last year. Rui will make the biggest jump due to more minutes, more experience, and improvement. Rui will shoot a LOT of free throws and score at will against many opponents. I think Brandon will compare well to J3 in all categories (hopefully be better at free throws and 3pt shots than J3) but maybe score a little less than J3 due to increased # of touches for Tillie and Rui. Corey should see about the same minutes and stats since Joel (and/or new guard X) will be in the mix at the 1 and 2 positions. Jacob and Filip will be competing hard with each other and other players to earn minutes at the 4 and 5. I'm hoping we score a couple more points per game compared to last year, but with the harder OOC schedule, that probably won't happen.

Comment

• gonstu
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Was between Rui and Norvell. Went with Rui.

But now I'm wondering if Norvell might log more minutes due to foul situation - hopefully Rui can limit fouls (especially offensive) and stay on the court.

Either way, zags should not have trouble scoring most nights.

Comment

• zagamatic
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2009

The fun part about this thread is that there is so much talent on this team that it could even be Kispert. Not a bad problem to have. If I have to pick one, I'm going to go with Norvell

Comment

• cggonzaga
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Love how much people are underestimating Killian Tillie. If he consistently plays consistent, him and Rui will be our best players.

Comment

• hooter73
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                  Love how much people are underestimating Killian Tillie. If he consistently plays consistent, him and Rui will be our best players.
                  key word that is holding everyone up is consistent.

Comment

• hooter73
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by amaronizag View Post
                    I'm hoping we score a couple more points per game compared to last year, but with the harder OOC schedule, that probably won't happen.
                    I would love to see us back in the high 80's low 90's for PPG kind of like we were with our National Title run team. Dont know if we've got that type of raw firepower this year though.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

I can't believe how many people overlooked Kong Kool Aid's post. He could be hinting at a huge get and no one noticed.

Comment

• GoZags
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                        I can't believe how many people overlooked Kong Kool Aid's post. He could be hinting at a huge get and no one noticed.
                        We will know when we know.

As for leading scorer? I couldn’t care less. I liked last year where at one point fairly deep into the season 6 Zags averaged double figures.
                        sigpic
                        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                        ——-
                        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                          Maybe some of us overlooked it because it makes no sense?

We have multiple NBA players on the roster. Reid Travis and Matt Daum are not coming.

Still hoping we can add a guard to add to the rotation, but none that are available for 2018 will be scoring more than Norvell much less our trio of bigs.

Comment

• exclusivelee
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

We have multiple NBA players on the roster. Reid Travis and Matt Daum are not coming.
                            So you're saying that there's a chance Gonzaga gets Mike Daum? [emoji16]

All kidding aside, my vote is for Zach Norvell, the gunslinger with the ulimate greenlight as a freshman

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post

Still hoping we can add a guard to add to the rotation, but none that are available for 2018 will be scoring more than Norvell much less our trio of bigs.
                              Or maybe you just weren't paying attention. Look at GZ's post above yours, he didn't refute what KKA posted, granted he didn't confirm it, but he didn't refute it.

Comment

• bartruff1
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                                We will know when we know.

As for leading scorer? I couldn’t care less. I liked last year where at one point fairly deep into the season 6 Zags averaged double figures.
                                Me too....the last leading scorer I can remember was Wiltjer ….I have no idea what Sabonis or Collins averaged.... whatever it was.... it didn't appear to matter....I recall that Pangos went a game without scoring a point and I assume that was to make a point...

Comment

Working...
                                X