Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few Good Men - TBT Tournament --1st Round in Spokane

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Updated schedule -- Zags play their 1st game on Friday at 7pm Lewis and Clark High School

LEWIS AND CLARK HIGH SCHOOL | SPOKANE, WA
    FRIDAY JUNE 29
    5:00PM (ESPN3), 7:00PM (ESPN3)
    SATURDAY, JUNE 30
    7:30PM (ESPN3)
    Zagdawg you've done a nice job of keeping the board in this. Thanks. Helpful stuff. I know I'll be there.

TICKET INFO: SPOKANE HOOPFEST TBT POD

https://www.spokanehoopfest.net/inde...opfest-tbt-pod

New kind of crunch time has NBA luminaries excited

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ent-nba-crunch

I think this team:

Joe Rahon, Emmett Naar, Mickey McConnell, Stephen Holt and wing Calvin Hermanson. Diamon Simpson, Brad Waldow and Omar Samhan anchor the frontcourt. Kerry Carter and Ian O’Leary round out the roster.

...is going to take the Championship.

Given the limited offense being run, who is going to stop that patented pick n roll game with the above group?

Not to mention, 5 dudes as 40%+ career 3pt shooters.

A little guard heavy but if Waldow and Samhan are still in shape, and thatay be a big IF, they will take down Overseas Elite too.

EDIT TO ADD: looks like Waldow dropped out? Not listed on final roster. If so, that certainly changes things...
    Last edited by raise the zag; 06-20-2018 at 02:45 AM.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Dan Dickau

@dandickau21
    14h14 hours ago
    More Dan Dickau Retweeted TBT
    Looking forward to being on the broadcast side this time. I may be the first player/GM/Coach/broadcaster in @thetournament history. @AFGM_TBT

TBT

Verified account

@thetournament
    Following Following @thetournament
    More
    We're just 72 HOURS away from the start of #TBT2018! The West will tip things off with the @SpokaneHoopfest Pod starting Friday night at 8pm ET! You won't want to miss this!

The Basketball Tournament Hoopfest pod: Round three for Few Good Men, Team Utah

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...d-round-three/

Added ex University of Washington 7 footer Robert Upshaw to the Zag roster for a much needed big man.

This sounds interesting

All TBT games will utilize the “Elam Ending,” which was designed to prevent late-game foulfests. At the first dead ball with under 4 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, the game clock will be shut off and a target score set by adding seven points to the leading team’s score. (For example, if the score is 80-75, the target score is 87.) The first team to reach the target score wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    This sounds interesting

All TBT games will utilize the “Elam Ending,” which was designed to prevent late-game foulfests. At the first dead ball with under 4 minutes remaining in the fourth quarter, the game clock will be shut off and a target score set by adding seven points to the leading team’s score. (For example, if the score is 80-75, the target score is 87.) The first team to reach the target score wins.

My preference would be that a foul in the normal play and flow, is just that. Grabbing etc is an intentional foul, 2 shots AND the ball, and 2 intentionals and the player is gone.

More in keeping with the regular game, in my opinion, and it penalizes blatant fouling.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    My preference would be that a foul in the normal play and flow, is just that. Grabbing etc is an intentional foul, 2 shots AND the ball, and 2 intentionals and the player is gone.

More in keeping with the regular game, in my opinion, and it penalizes blatant fouling.
    Never heard of the Elam Ending but sure wish NCAA would institute your example...I know they toyed with the idea of the "fouled team" having the option of shooting FT's or getting the ball back but that idea never came to fruition either...I feel almost all coaches would be against instituting your change, because there wouldn't be any way they could extend the game...Your change would benefit the team that is ahead as it should be...

2018 TBT GAME SCHEDULE
    Game times subject to change.
    Starting this Friday, ESPN Player will be streaming every game from the tournament in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The games will be streamed on the ESPN Select channel on ESPN Player.

https://www.thetournament.com/2018-tbt-schedule

Jim Meehan

@SRJimm
    18m18 minutes ago
    More Jim Meehan Retweeted Sam Adams
    Ira Brown added to Few Good Men’s roster

SWXRightNow

@SWXRightNow
    Following Following @SWXRightNow
    More
    "I'm praying that we both win, I want them to win just as bad as I want us to win," former @saintmaryshoops center Omar Samhan says he's rooting for A Few Good Men in the TBT, which would set up a Zags vs Gaels game Saturday & a step closer to $2 million.

http://www.swxrightnow.com/category/...lipId=14454956

Who’s gunna stop the pick and roll? Are you kidding??? It’s not hard to stop at all ... LOL gotta know what you’re doing but I don’t believe any SMC team will have a chance in this thing. There’s so many more talented teams out. There than them
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    So they just randomly choose it? I hate that
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

John Blanchette: Omar Samhan hopes to play the spoiler role for Gonzaga fans at The Basketball Tournament

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...play-the-spoi/

If the simple fan doesn’t like fouls, they don’t need to watch the game. JMO
    20 Straight Big Dances

10 Straight Round of 32s

9 Sweet Sixteens

3 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2017 NATIONAL RUNNER UP

Still recall the Kennel Club with the "Spokane Hates You!" chant as Samhan was warming up in Vegas for the WCC tournament -- he calmly walks toward our students and lets them know they are #1 in his book ,,l,,

If you want to scream at Omar some more, check out Gael Force versus Air Force.

Compliments of Urika GIAG.

29 Jun 2018 08:37 #535
    5pm ESPN3 for TBT tonight Gael Force vs Air Force alumni

Will Foster would love to be there to welcome Omar back to Spokane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tNtkT6aGsQ

I've often wondered where Omar is currently playing...I liked his effort on the court and his drive to improve himself...it would be nice to see both teams win and play each other...as someone stated they didn't think SMC's entry can compete talent wise...I just don't think they are athletic enough...jmo

Looks like Rob Jones has been enjoying his non playing life as much as i have.

Jim Meehan

@SRJimm
    24m24 minutes ago
    More
    Final at the TBT at Lewis and Clark: Gael Force 82, Bomb Squad 54. Samhan 17 points, O'Leary 15, McConnel 14.

Jim Meehan

@SRJimm
    4m4 minutes ago
    More
    Few Good Men has eight players. Casey Calvary injured his Achilles' on Wednesday and won't play.

Tied at the half 40-40