• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenneZag
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sideshow06
    79-34 at the end of 3Q. Gaels not letting their foot off the gas.
    That's embarrassing. I just hate that its Gaels alum putting the whoop on us in our home town. Wouldnt be suprised to see this team go very deep.
    Last edited by HenneZag; 06-30-2018, 08:22 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    America's Team!

Comment

• roundup
      Bulldog Fan
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
      my takeaway, too. sok, if we had an all-star team from the last decade (like they effectively do), it would be a very different game.
      I'm not sure a guy on tonight's Gael Force starts on our actual "all-decade" team. If you're going 2007-2008 to 2017-2018, I trot out:

PG - Mathew Dellavedova
      SG - Patty Mills
      SF - Clint Steindl
      PF - Diamon Simpson
      C - Jock Landale

Some of our guys from tonight would make the all decade team, but how can there be a legitimate RB era SMC all star team without a single Aussie? There might be an argument that Hermanson our even Holt starts over Steindl at the 3, but other than that everyone on tonight's team is coming off the bench at best.

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Gaels win 95-48

TBT

Verified account

@thetournament
        25m25 minutes ago
        More
        Gael Force showed they are a force to be reckoned with in #TBT2018, winning the @SpokaneHoopfest Regional Pod in convincing fashion over @AFGM_TBT. Next stop for the @saintmaryshoops alumni? The Super 16 in Atlanta!

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2009

Zags took a beating. Bouldin said in the paper he hasn’t played in a year. They are just shooting from the hip with the plays, etc.

Comment

• zagporvida
            Kennel Club Material
            • Jul 2007

That was embarrassing! It's Brown almost leaped frogged Samham and had a sweet dunk, but that was about it.

Comment

• HenneZag
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2012

Maybe the Gaels felt at home playing in a high school gym.
              America's Team!

Comment

• soccerdud
                Zag for Life
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by roundup View Post
                I'm not sure a guy on tonight's Gael Force starts on our actual "all-decade" team. If you're going 2007-2008 to 2017-2018, I trot out:

PG - Mathew Dellavedova
                SG - Patty Mills
                SF - Clint Steindl
                PF - Diamon Simpson
                C - Jock Landale

Some of our guys from tonight would make the all decade team, but how can there be a legitimate RB era SMC all star team without a single Aussie? There might be an argument that Hermanson our even Holt starts over Steindl at the 3, but other than that everyone on tonight's team is coming off the bench at best.
                i'll explain my thinking here because i don't think you addressed the point i was trying to make. if you put together a 10-player roster of gaels from the last decade ("all-star team"), ~7 of them would have been on this roster (which includes diamon simpson and emmett naar, and previously included brad waldow [since removed] -- i didn't know they weren't going to play). in my head, the breakdown went like this:

(landale)/omar/waldow
                diamon/rob jones (o'leary is found gold here)
                holt/hermanson (sorry, i don't think as highly of steindl as you do)
                (patty)/rahon/holt
                (delly)/mickey/naar

of that list, only the players in parenthesis weren't listed as on the team. that's only 3 guys of the top ~12 unavailable, with 2 of the top 3 at every position on the roster. i understand that since then waldow dropped out and diamon and naar weren't available this weekend, but still. compare that to the zags team where, honestly, only gray or bouldin would even be in consideration to make the roster if we were trying to put together our ideal team. so, yeah, i'll stand by my original post. and i think you guys have as good a chance as anyone to knock off overseas elite-- especially if diamon and naar come available. good luck.

ETA: it's fun to think, to be comparable the zags would have had at least two of: kelly, domas, karno, collins, and wiltjer. that would have changed things a lot.
                Last edited by soccerdud; 07-01-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• AzZag
                  Kennel Club
                  • Jun 2008

Originally posted by roundup View Post

PG - Mathew Dellavedova
                  SG - Patty Mills
                  SF - Clint Steindl
                  PF - Diamon Simpson
                  C - Jock Landale

McConnell is better then Dellavedova. And it isn’t close. Mickey didn’t ever get a fair shake in the NBA. WCC player of the year and really helped kick starts this transformation

Comment

• Therunner
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2007

I have switched my TBT support to fellow WCC Brethren, Gael Force:

TBT Registration Link

If the Gaels go on to win, every fan showing support wins money as well, a win-win.

The next Super 16 round isn't played until July 28th in Atlanta. The Final 4 is August 2nd in Baltimore. All games will be televised on ESPN.

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HenneZag View Post
                      Maybe the Gaels felt at home playing in a high school gym.
                      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• roundup
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Apr 2013

No doubt it would have been different, my point was just that this wasn’t our “first side” of alums so to speak. I love Micky, but to say he is far better than Delly is lunacy. A better shooter, definitely. But that’s about it. And they were both WCC POY.

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
                          Kennel Club Alum
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by AzZag View Post
                          McConnell is better then Dellavedova. And it isn’t close. Mickey didn’t ever get a fair shake in the NBA. WCC player of the year and really helped kick starts this transformation
                          That is just outrageously false.

Comment

• Bogozags
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
                            That is just outrageously false.
                            Not sure why it would be false as it is AzZag's opinion...I don't think opinions have to be factual.

McConnell beat the Zags at home on the final shot over a stretching Sacre's arms. Delly only beat BYU on a last second "3"...

Comment

• Robzagnut
                              Zag for Life
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by AzZag View Post
                              Not sure how anyone can say that with a straight face. Delly is far superior to McConnell and his continuous success in the NBA proves it. Sheesh.

Comment

• bartruff1
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2010

I think Delly has 38 million reasons to testify that he is pretty darn good …..and a very rapid retirement of his number at St Mary's..to suggest that the coaches think so also...

Comment

Working...
                                X