Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Clarke, one of 15 impact transfers

Default Brandon Clarke, one of 15 impact transfers

I didn't see this posted anywhere, if it was, my apologies:

Brandon Clarke, Gonzaga Bulldogs
    Previous team: San Jose State
    If all goes according to plan, Clarke could slide in alongside Rui Hachimura and Killian Tillie to form the latest in a long line of strong Gonzaga front lines. The 6-8 forward turned heads with a breakout sophomore season at San Jose State in 2016-17, one in which he led the Spartans in scoring, crashed the glass, blocked shots and even dished assists.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ncy-shaping-up

I didn’t realize that the Gaels were losing this guy.

Evan Fitzner, Indiana Hoosiers
    Previous team: Saint Mary's
    A two-year starter in Moraga, Fitzner chose to go the graduate transfer route for his final season after being relegated to a reserve role for most of 2017-18. At 6-10, he's a career 41 percent 3-point shooter (with an average of about three attempts per game) who holds his own on the defensive glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    yeah, I posted about him in the transfer thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I didn't realize it either (as I don't read every post in every thread on this board ... and also I wouldn't have seen it as I didn't open the link ... so thanks for bringing it up).

It will be very hard to replace JWIII, yet we might have the perfect guy to do it. Not quite as tall, but maybe a little different game. We might be underestimating what he brings in all our excitement about Tillie and Rui.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    It will be very hard to replace JWIII, yet we might have the perfect guy to do it. Not quite as tall, but maybe a little different game. We might be underestimating what he brings in all our excitement about Tillie and Rui.
    I am one fan who does not underestimate Cook. I remember when he signed with us, and watched his videos. I'm going to really enjoy watching him play.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Cook???

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I am one fan who does not underestimate Cook. I remember when he signed with us, and watched his videos. I'm going to really enjoy watching him play.
    Cook, Rivet....someone needs some ginkgo biloba. LOL

I think Reborn means Clarke. Glad he's coming. Skilled frontline. It not a big one. I hope Larsen and Petrusev are ready . I'm thinking we'll need both at times.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I think Reborn means Clarke. Glad he's coming. Skilled frontline. It not a big one. I hope Larsen and Petrusev are ready . I'm thinking we'll need both at times.
    I've only seen Petrusev play two games, but he is very skilled and talented. My only concern is that he seems a little like Tillie in the fact that he can turn it off and on, a constant high energy motor would benefit him greatly. But a front line of Tillie, Clarke, Larsen and Petrusev has a chance to be the best frontline in the nation next year.

Thanks MDAbe. I appreciate your sympathy for the aged. some of these guys have no pity and are just waiting for me to make a mistake so they can try to hurt my feelings. bus as you know I could punch back at these junior high kids but I've given up on these "fake" fans a long time ago. I don't mind them being here, or trying to act so touch and arrogant, because everyone knows what they really are.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Thanks MDAbe. I appreciate your sympathy for the aged. some of these guys have no pity and are just waiting for me to make a mistake so they can try to hurt my feelings. bus as you know I could punch back at these junior high kids but I've given up on these "fake" fans a long time ago. I don't mind them being here, or trying to act so touch and arrogant, because everyone knows what they really are.
    I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings, I was just giving you some good-natured ribbing. I like to laugh at myself and I make the false assumption that others do as well, and my wife scolds me about that often. I apologize for not being sensitive enough. We're all in this together as Zag fans. As for the rest of your post I honestly didn't understand a word of it.

Spy..a word.: not every post from others deserves/requires a comment. Sometimes it's best to smile and leave your hands folded on the desk. Best wishes.

For those who have seen him play, is he an "above the rim" guy like Rui and Tillie? IOW - Hops?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

For those who have seen him play, is he an "above the rim" guy like Rui and Tillie? IOW - Hops?
    Didn't he win the dunk contest at Kraziness this year? I think he could have the most hops on the team.

Red face

Spy..a word.: not every post from others deserves/requires a comment. Sometimes it's best to smile and leave your hands folded on the desk. Best wishes.
    And leave the sardonic humor to those of us here from that big city with the very tall buildings.

Agreed, but if I hurt someone unintentionally, I feel that I should make amends. The rest of reborns post was a bit.....disjointed

That right there is a priceless post. I need to copy it and save it somewhere for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    70 is the new 50....and 40 is the new 12.....
    Or 70 is the new 12. Thought the greatest generation was a little tougher skinned (and I’m certainly not in the habit of defending spy)

Since we're in memorial day, That one generation Bart mentions will never be replaced. Nothing like those people....and never will be. They did so many things to save the country and build this nation, we owe them everything. As I age and know more, I am just shocked at what that group did for us.

Yes...constantly sniveling and whining and pouting....unlike Master Clarke who is going to take names and kick ass.....

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Didn't he win the dunk contest at Kraziness this year? I think he could have the most hops on the team.
    So, to get this topic back onto Clarke (thanks) - one would think that if he did win the dunk contest he's going to be ok athletically, "up there."

I ask bc the biggest thing we need to replace on the frontline is JWIII and his defense/rebounding/put backs; as I've said before, I loved how badass JWIII would slam it home from underneath.
    Mark Twain.

So, to get this topic back onto Clarke (thanks) - one would think that if he did win the dunk contest he's going to be ok athletically, "up there."

I ask bc the biggest thing we need to replace on the frontline is JWIII and his defense/rebounding/put backs; as I've said before, I loved how badass JWIII would slam it home from underneath.
    Clarke is better than JWIII

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Clarke is better than JWIII
    I believe JWIII more than earned the right to have to have someone (anyone) prove it before it be declared by fiat. JWIII was one special Zag.

I say that as someone hoping he is, or can be, but until we see it, doesn't seem right to say it by decree.
    Mark Twain.

I believe JWIII more than earned the right to have to have someone (anyone) prove it before it be declared by fiat. JWIII was one special Zag.

I say that as someone hoping he is, or can be, but until we see it, doesn't seem right to say it by decree.
    Thanks Dixie. Spy generally leans towards the outrageous.

I will say Clarke is a top 3 Gonzaga leaper. Guy gets up high and easily.