Thread: Hull Sisters vs Kempton

Default Hull Sisters vs Kempton

For those of you in the Spokane area, likely the last chance to see the Hull Sisters and our own Melody Kempton in High School basketball occurs May 30th at Central Valley HS in the Jack Blair Memorial Classic. This game features players from the Metro area of Spokane vs players from the adjoining areas of Spokane. Both rosters are loaded with college bound seniors but also feature some very talented juniors and sophomores who we may hear more about when recruiting season picks up.

If your free on a Wednesday night, consider taking in a great HS girls basketball game. You never know who may be in a Zag uniform in the future.

ZagDad

went last year and it was worth it...cost about $10 bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by ZagDad84 View Post
    For those of you in the Spokane area. This game features players from the Metro area of Spokane vs players from the adjoining areas of Spokane. Both rosters are loaded with college bound seniors but also feature some very talented juniors
    ZagDad
    I wonder if 2019 Mount Spokane high LMU commit Aspyn Adams will be there? I've never seen her play before but heard she's a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CG3Dad View Post
    I wonder if 2019 Mount Spokane high LMU commit Aspyn Adams will be there? I've never seen her play before but heard she's a shooter.

Yep! She is!

Checked the web site...
    Roster includes:
    "two-time first-team all-GSL guard Aspyn Adams (jr.) from Mt. Spokane"

Wish I could check it out!

Lots of good storylines and players other than the Hull Sisters and Melody Kempton at the Jack Blair game.

The Metro team is coached by Gabe Madano from Lewis & Clark and is assisted by Freddie Rehkow. CV girls head coach Freddie Rehkow, just stepped down from coaching the CV girls to spend more time with his family. This may be the last chance we get to see Freddie (Asst. Coach) on the court for quite some period of time.

The Hull Sisters are joined by the following people on the Metro Team:
    - Hailey Christopher - 1st team all-GSL going to Idaho
    - Camryn Skaife (jr) - 2-time all-GSL honorable mention
    - Mady Simmilink (jr) - 2nd team, all-GSL
    - Claire Dingus - 2nd team, All-state 4A, 2nd team, all-GSL, going to St. Martins
    - Ellie Boni (So) - 1st team, all-GSL
    - Kinsley Barrington (So) - 2nd team, all-GSL
    - Jacinta Buckley (jr) - 1st team, all-GSL
    - Dominique Arquette (Jr) - 2nd team, all-GSL
    - Quincey McDeid (Jr) - two time, 2nd team, all-GSL
    - Aspyn Adams (jr) - two time, 1st team all-GSL going to LMU
    - Mia Scelfo - 2nd team, all-GSL

Melody Kempton, the Idaho 5A player of the year, Idaho Gatorade player of the year and 4 time Inland Emprie League (IEL-5A) MVP leads the Region team. The region team is coached by IEL-5A coach of the year, Marc Allert (Post Falls) Melody is joined by:
    - Bayley Brennan - 3 time all IEL-5A and 2017-2018 all-state going to Seattle Pacific
    - Tyler McCliment-Call (So) - 1st team IEL-5A
    - Grace Kirscher - 3-time, 4A all-state and 2-time all-IEL-4A selection going to EWU
    - Bella Murekatete (jr) 1AD2 North Star League, Co-MVP
    - Hailey Marlow (So) - 1st -team, all-Great Northern League (GNL)
    - Jayda Noble (So) - 1st-team 1A, all-state
    - Maisie Burnham (So) - 2-time, all-Northeast 2B
    - Sienna Swannack - 3-time Northeast A League MVP going to Carroll College
    - Genesis Wilkinson (Jr) - 2-time all-league and GNL MVP
    - Keara Simpson - 1st team, all-IEL-5A going to North Idaho College

A couple of loaded teams play a one game take-all on May 30th.

ZagDad

The one name missing on the regional team is Jamie Loera, Jesse's sister, who is going to Arizona State. I was hoping to see her play one more time. I guess she must have had other commitments.

the regional team could have used Jamie tonite....the metro team was well ahead for most of the game....I think it was the Mt Spokane girl that hit a lot of 3's in the first half, regionals shot poorly...

Metro had more players on their team for some reason....the starting 5 of the national championship team will be on the floor for the metro, and playing together for all these yrs really showed.....it was on their home court...that plus they shot better and stole passes from the regional team was the story of the game....

the two players I was impressed with besides the Hulls and Melody was number 44 of the regionals and Jayda of the regionals....good rebounders......I'll have to read the breakdown of scoring etc tomorrow....

there was a 6'4" girl for the regionals but don't know her name...should have bought the $2 program, lol....she needs work on her skills but she has lots of potential....

very nice fast paced game and glad we went....

Thanks for the update Sylean.

I have been just swamped with work and my mom has been in the hospital for 3 weeks, so attendance was not in the cards. Maybe SWX or YouTube will have a replay available.

ZagDad

Here is the write-up from the Spokesman-Review on the Jack Blair Classic.

Link: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...beat-regio/#/1

When CV played LC and is was noted that CLF was in attendance, Cavebear and I were wondering who she was there to see since all of the "name" players had already committed to college.

It is my understanding (from someone who knows Jacinta well) that Jacinta Buckley (from LC) has always had a dream to play for Gonzaga and wants to be a Lady Zag. Her national ranking is not that high, but she had a great game in LC's playoff loss to Woodinville (20 pts, 4 assists & 12 rebounds) and she was the MVP in tonight's game with 17 points.

Maybe this is who CLF went to go see at the LC/CV game.

Time will tell.

ZagDad

Here is a very interesting article from the Couer d'Alene Press.

A sports reporter for the Press asked Ron Adams (Director of the Jack Blair Classic since it started in 1994 & Director of the Spokane Stars AAU Basketball Club) to select the five (5) best all-time metro players and the five (5) best all-time regional players to play in the Jack Blair Classic.

You might find his selections include some pretty famous local basketball players, some from quite a while ago and some very recent.

Here is the link to the story: http://www.cdapress.com/sports/20180...he_ron_adams_5

Generally speaking I think Mr. Adams put together a very fine list, I can think of at least one change that I would make. I would replace Lacie Hull with Katelon Redmon (I assume KR played in the Jack Blair Classic). He lists Lacie as being able to play all three (3) guard positions, but I watched Katelon in her high school and Lady Zag years and IMO I think she is the much better player than Lacie, both at guard and small forward.

Any changes to his list you think he should make?

Enjoy,

ZagDad

Interesting link ZagDad. I'd say Weisner is the best of the regional players by a healthy margin. Not sure on the Metro area, some good choices there.

ASU really had a good pipeline going to Eastern/Central Washington for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Interesting link ZagDad. I'd say Weisner is the best of the regional players by a healthy margin. Not sure on the Metro area, some good choices there.

ASU really had a good pipeline going to Eastern/Central Washington for a while.
    Their link may have slowed down but it certainly has not stopped.

Kelsey Moos (Granddaughter??? of former WSU AD Bill Moos) from Rearden played for Coach Thorn and graduated from ASU last year and Jessie Loera's younger sister Jamie(?) from Moses Lake signed her letter of intent to go to ASU this year. Charli Turner Thorn has known the PNW has some real gems and she has recruited them for many years.

ZagDad

we heard absolutely somebody other than Melody was going to Gonzaga...no kidding...don't know who it was, but thought it was metro. again, should have gotten a program...if anybody has one, perhaps they could scan it in if possible....

little tidbits....did not see Lisa...did see Shaq and her mom...Shaq and Katelyn Redmond were both honored before the game...btw, Katelyn was very much pregnant and her SO/husband is a very big man and whoever they birth will be a big person....hope they keep the Zags in mind down the road...

saw some people that I've seen from the games but not many...I would say there were 300 people there...

never have been to CV...beautiful school and campus...

Sylean,

Cave Bear was the score/records keeper for the Jack Blair game. I PM'd him and asked if he kept a program and could get us a copy.

ZagDad

thx....I was disappointed that there was no box score for the game in the paper.....