Thread: Byron Wesley playing for Hapoel K/S this year

Default Byron Wesley playing for Hapoel K/S this year

He has had some really good games this year. On April 20th he scored 29 pts, 7 rebounds, 3 assists in Quarter Finals game against Israel National League game against Maccabi K/G while he averaged 20 ppg, 7.3 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 1 steal a game this year.

http://www.eurobasket.com/boxScores/..._1828_1571.asp

Glad to see him doing well overseas. I think the best is yet to come for him too.

Thanks for the update, bbz!

Haven't heard much about Byron post GU; really liked his contribution while here.
    "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..."

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Thanks for the update, bbz!

Haven't heard much about Byron post GU; really liked his contribution while here.

The Israel National League is the second division in Israel. The first tier division - the Israeli Premier League - isn't very good itself (not amoung the top 15 leagues in Europe), so that tells you something about the 2nd division. But at least the top division has a few teams that can compete in the international leagues (EuroLeague, EuroCup, FIBA Champions League). The two meaningful clubs in Israel are Maccabi Tel Aviv (EuroLeague club), Hapoel Jerusalem B.C. (EuroCup) and Hapoel Tel Aviv.
    Lots of familiar American names on Maccabi if you care to look.
    http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2017

Not trying to throw shade - just giving perspective. At least he is getting paid to play (hopefully)! Most guys have to start low and work their way up....