Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joe Cremo c'mon down, you're the next contestant on "Who wants to be a Zags pg?"

Thing that still gets me with Cremo is that we are still the team that hasn't set up a visit, haven't done an in home visit and we continue to make his top 5. Why? My opinion is because he sees how loaded we are and we have a true shot at a National Title next year and wants to hear more from us. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I fully agree and understand your concern, yet I thought this post applied from one of the many transfer threads awhile back (Cremo is just as efficient vs tougher teams):
    I like your post a lot. I like the statistics. We saw just a year ago how a Gonzaga transfer helped us. They always have. I have always liked them. They bring a lot to the program. Three years of D-1 experience is good, and to have played at a high level like he has is a plus. I'm going to get behind this one. Let's nab him Mark Few.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

- I think we come in about 3rd place in this race.
    - we have nothing to offer him that Villanova, Kansas, cant offer in way of tradition, coaching, possible final four team.
    - and we are a long long ways from home base, east coast.

- like most, I hope we get him, but I'm not counting on it at all.
    - my happy spot is just that Oregon is not on his top 5 list. take that ducks!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    According to wikipedia, researchers say that people with low self esteem are more likely to experience schadenfreude than people with high self esteem. Also, brain scans show that schadenfreude correlates with envy. I don't see why a Zag fan would envy Oregon, given that the Zags are the more accomplished program over the last couple of decades.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - I think we come in about 3rd place in this race.
    - we have nothing to offer him that Villanova, Kansas, cant offer in way of tradition, coaching, possible final four team.
    - and we are a long long ways from home base, east coast.

- like most, I hope we get him, but I'm not counting on it at all.
    OMG! He lives on the East Coast? Have we ever recruited anyone East of Chicago?
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Yea, that superstar, can't miss prospect from Maine who lasted about 15 minutes. And those program changing, superstar transfers from Ville and PC.

Sabonis, Tillie, Shem, Ayayi, Turiaf, Petro and the list goes on...all east of Chicago. Could include Rui, but I think of Japan as being to the west despite being the land where the sun rises first (Thanks Jackie Chan).
    How about Pangos?

Or did you mean just in the states?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Yea, that superstar, can't miss prospect from Maine who lasted about 15 minutes. And those program changing, superstar transfers from Ville and PC.
    Never let a chance to rip a player pass, do you?
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Iím fuzzy in the details, but I think Keegan Hyland was recruited when the Zags were lacking in 3 point shooting. Injuries derailed his career.

Edit:
    His freshman team had Goodson, Carter, Arop, Stockton, Keita and Monninghoff. Gray was the only good shooter. For me that was the Dark Ages for Gonzaga basketball recruiting, which resulted in 2 walk-ons getting major minutes. The bigs were all from outside of ge U.S. (Harris, Sacre Olynyk). Itís amazing how for things have come.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    It’s “their” not “there”.

Are you referring to the same Mark Few that just put all his eggs in the “quick twitch” player’s basket? And since I have to apparently say this three times because the reading comprehension is so poor around here, I want Cremo. He adds value just not necessarily the value the staff was looking for.
    Good lord, get over yourself. I was on the Ipad and it was a system generated word. With that said, I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular. It was to the multiple posters talking down on the guy when those with much more value (coaches) think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Good lord, get over yourself. I was on the Ipad and it was a system generated word. With that said, I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular. It was to the multiple posters talking down on the guy when those with much more value (coaches) think otherwise.
    The first part was sarcastic. I forget you don’t do sarcasm.

I don’t recall posters talking down Cremo. I recall posters stating a preference between the two. As the staff showed, they clearly “preferred” one over the other.

I don’t recall posters talking down Cremo. I recall posters stating a preference between the two. As the staff showed, they clearly “preferred” one over the other.
    Careful. Don't be so reasonable. That gets you reamed, around here.

OMG! Have we ever recruited anyone East of Chicago?

Anton Watson of Gonzaga Prep.

You have to go quite a ways East, however.
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Never let a chance to rip a player pass, do you?
    I think I am more ripping the recruiting expertise, or lack of it.

Same recruiters who brought the kids who played in the championship game -- fortunately the staff are not all experts like a few on this board otherwise a couple fans would not have any recruits to complain about.

The way it read didn't seem sarcastic, it seemed like coaching. I apologize if it was meant otherwise. As far a Cremo goes, he was getting talked down for an entire page plus after Williams didn't come.

Staff is working with Cremo to get the visit in. Should happen. Would be a nice consolation prize, and might even create better team unity than bwil given age and experience gap.
    Last edited by ZagsObserver; 05-07-2018 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Typo

- I never made the east coast comment as the center piece of my argument, which really is Gonzaga has a lot to offer, tradition, coaching and a ff potential team, but so can villanova or Kansas. so if all things are essentially even a recruit might look at less important matters such as location. my meaning was not that we cannot or do not recruit all over the usa and world.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    According to wikipedia, researchers say that people with low self esteem are more likely to experience schadenfreude than people with high self esteem. Also, brain scans show that schadenfreude correlates with envy. I don't see why a Zag fan would envy Oregon, given that the Zags are the more accomplished program over the last couple of decades.
    - that all seems right, only problem is i do not envy Oregon. your point is well taken, we are better than them, I dislike them (and my brother is a duck, more fodder for your free psychoanalysis?).

Staff is working with Cremo to get the visit in. Should happen. Would be a nice consolation prize, and might even create better team unity than bwil given age and experience gap.
    Great news.....thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Great news.....thank you for sharing.
    Saw a report that he doesnít know where he is going next after visiting Villanova and Kansas. Sounds like itís between those two now.

A lot can happen in 9 hrs........

Michael Kelly

@ByMichaelKelly
    9h9 hours ago
    More
    Joe Cremo told me he's unsure what's next for him after visiting Villanova, Kansas this past week.

Also, he has more important things on his mind at the moment.

"Loaded with hw," he texted.

I think I am more ripping the recruiting expertise, or lack of it.
    Are you seriously questioning coach Fews recruiting acumen?

Had a feeling this was the case.
    Fool me once,....

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Are you seriously questioning coach Fews recruiting acumen?
    Woody Woodpecker?