Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Joe Cremo c'mon down, you're the next contestant on "Who wants to be a Zags pg?"

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    that clip didn't show me anything i didn't already know...he's a sniper who also has a good floater and can get to the rim occasionally. but did that clip show any ball handling or playmaking skills? nada...he doesn't fill a more pressing need...someone who can run the point...he's a nice to have, not a must have...imo
    I agree with your post, but there's no one left that's better at the moment.

A little bird has told me there are two schools at the top of Cremo's list and one of them is in Spokane
    No, I'm not going to divulge my passerine.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    All I have read here all off season is that we need combo guards, he is exactly that, but now no one wants him. I think he'd be a great addition as a backup to ZN and Perks, filling in for Perks until he's fully healthy, Cremo did average 4apg.
    Thanks for sharing that. Often the videos do not show the passing skills, and thanks for reminding me he did average 4 assists per game. My only concern is that what I saw on this one video is a set shooter, and honestly the level of defense that I see being played by the teams that make the NCAA tournament is ten times better than I saw on the video. Guards in the top 50 can really guard these days, and they don't give you much room to shoot set shots. The thing I do see is that he's a senior transfer with only one year left to play. He therefore has a lot of experience and if he would accept his role as backup, I am sure he could help the Zags a lot. The one problem would be learning the offense. I am still wondering how ready Ayayi is to play? More will be revealed.

Go Zags.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Thanks for sharing that. Often the videos do not show the passing skills, and thanks for reminding me he did average 4 assists per game. My only concern is that what I saw on this one video is a set shooter, and honestly the level of defense that I see being played by the teams that make the NCAA tournament is ten times better than I saw on the video. Guards in the top 50 can really guard these days, and they don't give you much room to shoot set shots. The thing I do see is that he's a senior transfer with only one year left to play. He therefore has a lot of experience and if he would accept his role as backup, I am sure he could help the Zags a lot. The one problem would be learning the offense. I am still wondering how ready Ayayi is to play? More will be revealed.

Go Zags.
    Half of that real was against a crazy athletic Louisville and he lit them up for something close to 30.

Half of that real was against a crazy athletic Louisville and he lit them up for something close to 30.
    Wow! That's pretty impressive. He must be a pretty good driver because they were not guarding him closely. The video does show him attacking the basket with success and he does have a pull up jumper at about 6-8 feet, and a floater. I'm liking him more as I just discover that the team was Louisville.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    A little bird has told me there are two schools at the top of Cremo's list and one of them is in Spokane
    No, I'm not going to divulge my passerine.
    Had a feeling this was the case.

A good team will make a good player better. Cremo's not exactly been on a superior top 20 squad. If we get him, he'll likely be most of what we want. No worries.

Well, can't sag off him as both UNCG & FSU did vs one of our starting guards.

Who knows if Cremo even starts but he's the very best of what is left.

Some posters are treating it as if there is still a choice between Joe and some other elite PG option.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Maybe not yet Raise.. something will be turning up soon.

I will go to my grave failing to understand why these player highlight videos exclusively feature offensive play. The maker of these videos know there are two ends of the court, right?

Just feels like the Cremo train has left the GU station....

Love his game but definitely not going to waste my personal energy. He hasn’t visited. Does he plan to? 4 power schools on his list too and we are the farthest west with no visit. Ain’t happening.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Just feels like the Cremo train has left the GU station....
    We're only privy to so much info, who knows what's going on behind the scenes? The fact that he cut 2 schools to include Villanova/Kansas indicates to me that weve never lost contact and are still in the running.

We can offer a bigger role than Kansas with just as comparable title hopes. We can offer a bigger role than Nova if Donte returns and better title aspirations if he doesn't.
    Last edited by OntZags; 05-06-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Love his game but definitely not going to waste my personal energy. He hasn’t visited. Does he plan to? 4 power schools on his list too and we are the farthest west with no visit. Ain’t happening.

Aren'y we the pessimist! Unfortunately, I agree with you so guess I'm one as well...IF he visits then we can begin a meaningful discuss on the possibilities of him becoming a Zag...

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Well, can't sag off him as both UNCG & FSU did vs one of our starting guards.

Who knows if Cremo even starts but he's the very best of what is left.

Some posters are treating it as if there is still a choice between Joe and some other elite PG option.
    Your first two statements are very much true. As far as your second, some of us are just taking positions out of principle. Saying that he is better than Brandon Williams will elicit a very strong position from me. Saying that he is something he is not will elicit a strong response from me. He very much is the best option left, at this point. He just doesn't accomplish the totality of what was needed. He's a less athletic Silas, with a better shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Your first two statements are very much true. As far as your second, some of us are just taking positions out of principle. Saying that he is better than Brandon Williams will elicit a very strong position from me. Saying that he is something he is not will elicit a strong response from me. He very much is the best option left, at this point. He just doesn't accomplish the totality of what was needed. He's a less athletic Silas, with a better shot.
    Much, much, much better and more consistent scorer than Silas.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    We're only privy to so much info, who knows what's going on behind the scenes? The fact that he cut 2 schools to include Villanova/Kansas indicates to me that weve never lost contact and are still in the running.

We can offer a bigger role than Kansas with just as comparable title hopes. We can offer a bigger role than Nova if Donte returns and better title aspirations if he doesn't.
    Yeah. If he put us in the Top 5 without having visited AND....AND knowing that he was option number two, then there is something there. We have to remember, as well, this isn't a high school kid optimizing his brand recognition, or living up the process. This is a guy who isn't going to play in the NBA, and wants the opportunity to play in a place he will enjoy, can give him the role and time he is looking for, and a chance to win a ring. A Top 5 from a player like that is different from the Top 5 of a high school recruit. If you are in the Top 5 of the latter, this late in the game, there is a very strong chance you aren't even in the picture.

Better scorer, yes. But not a better overall value. And I would be interested to see how a player like Silas would have done against competition that poor. But nonetheless, he's essentially going to be fulfilling a similar role. He'll have to up his game to bring the value Silas did, because Silas's defense was on another level. Of the players that get major minutes, Joe would be by far the worst defender.

A guard rotation of Perks, Norvell, Cremo, Ayayi and Wade is a pretty decent consolation to losing out on BWill. Plus, if Perks isn't fully recovered by the beginning of the season, having a seasoned vet like Cremo step in isn't the worst thing. Yes his reel only shows his offensive prowess, but he did average 4apg and had 9 assists vs Binghampton, 7 assists vs UMBC, 9 assists vs Vermont and 9 assists vs Binghampton, not to mention 18 ppg on 46% from the field and 46% from three. The guys a darn goods player and I'm shocked how many posters are down on him.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...8721/joe-cremo

A guard rotation of Perks, Norvell, Cremo, Ayayi and Wade is a pretty decent consolation to losing out on BWill. Plus, if Perks isn't fully recovered by the beginning of the season, having a seasoned vet like Cremo step in isn't the worst thing. Yes his reel only shows his offensive prowess, but he did average 4apg and had 9 assists vs Binghampton, 7 assists vs UMBC, 9 assists vs Vermont and 9 assists vs Binghampton, not to mention 18 ppg on 46% from the field and 46% from three. The guys a darn goods player and I'm shocked how many posters are down on him.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...8721/joe-cremo
    How some are oblivious to reality. Of course it would be great to get a future NBA PG that can run the point, to bad those aren't out there at this point. Those saying no to Cremo and that his competition wasn't good enough make me laugh. Look at his Top 5 list that includes Mark Few, Bill Self, and Jay Wright. I think I'll trust there opinion as opposed to the Zag Board poster desiring a guy with "quick twitch" movements. Goodness...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I'll trust there opinion as opposed to the Zag Board poster desiring a guy with "quick twitch" movements. Goodness..
    It’s “their” not “there”.

Are you referring to the same Mark Few that just put all his eggs in the “quick twitch” player’s basket? And since I have to apparently say this three times because the reading comprehension is so poor around here, I want Cremo. He adds value just not necessarily the value the staff was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Better scorer, yes. But not a better overall value. And I would be interested to see how a player like Silas would have done against competition that poor. But nonetheless, he's essentially going to be fulfilling a similar role. He'll have to up his game to bring the value Silas did, because Silas's defense was on another level. Of the players that get major minutes, Joe would be by far the worst defender.
    I fully agree and understand your concern, yet I thought this post applied from one of the many transfer threads awhile back (Cremo is just as efficient vs tougher teams):

Dunno, tough to project, yet Joe has serious skill. An elite shooter, plus handles, mixes it up, & finishes at the rim pretty darn well. Not the fastest player around, but is nifty, and uses spacing brilliantly.

Joe Cremo scored (pts, rebs, assts):

18, 5, & 3 vs Louisville

16, 5, & 3 vs Memphis

22, 10, & 5 vs Penn State

24, 6, & 1 vs Grand Canyon (athletic squad)

15, 5, & 2 vs SMU Mustangs

25, 9, & 1 vs UMBC Retrievers (1st 16 seed to beat a 1 seed)

All those teams are pretty 'athletic' and he played pretty solidly vs good competition. He is actively being recruited by legit schools as well.

I'd gladly welcome him aboard. He would be a great fit, a sniper, and can run offense to boot.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

That’s a low bar.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    It’s “their” not “there”.

Are you referring to the same Mark Few that just put all his eggs in the “quick twitch” player’s basket? And since I have to apparently say this three times because the reading comprehension is so poor around here, I want Cremo. He adds value just not necessarily the value the staff was looking for.
    I do voice texting. Brandon Williams is gone,get over it.

I do voice texting. Brandon Williams is gone,get over it.
    Not even talking to you spy. Again, get over yourself.