Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Joe Cremo c'mon down, you're the next contestant on "Who wants to be a Zags pg?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    We can make a title run without adding another guard, as many have posted. However, if we can find a transfer PG that can distribute the ball, all the better. You can never have too much depth..particularly at PG.
    Agreed.

Do we really need to act like this and BWill just destroy any chances of this team doing well? I mean, seriously. Some are acting like GU has a junk heap and need parts desperately.

Getting either one would have been an embarrassment of riches. The current team is good enough to go FF. Get there and anything is possible. Perkins/Norvell/Ayayi can likely more than hold down the fort... and then some.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilzag View Post
    Some big questions are: When will Josh be 100%? Can Rui play the 3? Can Ayayi play well enough on defense to replace Melson's role? Can Kispert shoot the 3? Can Norvell run the point?

Depth is really only an issue if the answers to the majority of these questions is negative.
    I can guarantee there will be no issue with Kispert shooting the 3!!

PG depth is a major issue, especially since our best teams run with two strong ball handlers.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Do we really need to act like this and BWill just destroy any chances of this team doing well? I mean, seriously. Some are acting like GU has a junk heap and need parts desperately.

Getting either one would have been an embarrassment of riches. The current team is good enough to go FF. Get there and anything is possible. Perkins/Norvell/Ayayi can likely more than hold down the fort... and then some.
    Agreed. However, with the recovery of Perkins I have to think that a proven commodity at point would be most helpful. Perhaps it’s not imperative, but certainly a bonus. They went after bwil hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Agreed. However, with the recovery of Perkins I have to think that a proven commodity at point would be most helpful. Perhaps it’s not imperative, but certainly a bonus. They went after bwil hard.
    Because he was worth that effort.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Well, yes. And because of his position.

Excatly. Can't make that decision in hindsight.

I’ve got the solution. We can have Ravet reclassify to 2018. It seems to be the latest trend. Heck, Duke got a guy who went to multiple HSs graduate a year early when 20 years ago an on time graduation would have been a feat.

Pure sarcasm FYI. We will be fine next year. Maybe thin at point but Gonzaga is returning the deepest/most skilled/tournament experienced team in memory.

Go Zags.

Sure he was

truth is he was never gonna pick GU or Ore unless sanctions dropped on AZ during his reopening of his recruitment period.

This is JAFO

Probably switched to general basketball because of the commitment and I'm sure everyone knows but Cremo is going to Villanova