Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 110

Thread: Joe Cremo c'mon down, you're the next contestant on "Who wants to be a Zags pg?"

  1. #1

    Default Joe Cremo c'mon down, you're the next contestant on "Who wants to be a Zags pg?"

    Let's getter done!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    15,703

    Default

    he has already visited Villanova and Kansas, and apparently they have openings, too.

    I do not believe that he was waiting to see if our spot "opened-up" - though it would be nice if he were to show some interest, I haven't seen a thing to indicate that he's considered us.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    he has already visited Villanova and Kansas, and apparently they have openings, too.

    I do not believe that he was waiting to see if our spot "opened-up" - though it would be nice if he were to show some interest, I haven't seen a thing to indicate that he's considered us.
    Kansas signed the #3 pg and Nova the #5

    https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Ba...ol&Position=PG

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    he has already visited Villanova and Kansas, and apparently they have openings, too.

    I do not believe that he was waiting to see if our spot "opened-up" - though it would be nice if he were to show some interest, I haven't seen a thing to indicate that he's considered us.

    Cremo just announced his new Top 5, and said 'no particular order'.

    Texas
    Nova
    Kansas
    Creighton
    Gonzaga

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    6,971

    Default

    Lets bring dix up to speed on Zag recruiting.

    "Joe Cremo, the most-sought after graduate transfer in college basketball this postseason, has a final recruiting list of “Creighton, Texas, Villanova, Kansas and Gonzaga in no order,” the 6-foot-4, 185-pound junior from University at Albany told The Star on Tuesday night in a text message."

    http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...210263449.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,953

    Default

    What does Joe want as a grad xfer?

    Chance for Natty?

    Gonzaga Villanova Kansas

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    6,971

    Default

    “I’m just trying to figure out the best place that fits me. For me, I know nothing is guaranteed but just the chance of having a big role on a team that is going to compete in the NCAA Tournament and then hopefully set myself for a chance to play after.”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    We have a great shot at Cremo.

    Of his Top 5, we are the only school who didn't do an in-home visit, nor schedule a visit, and we were transparent/upfront about Brandon Williams active recruitment.

    We are also the only school he has yet to visit, as we've been busy with Sean Miller's latest 5* recruit.

    Having said all that, he STILL continually lists us.

    Pretty obvious his interest. We have reached out yet interest has been pretty one-sided thus far. He would be a great fit. No requirement of PT, expectations, etc.

    Would add a mature, committed, proven, hard working elite shooter and good all around player to the backcourt. This is needed!

    He shared PG duties at Albany. Perfect. More than capable, and a really decisive, sharp passer as well.

    Many have been "open" to him here yet many are also underestimating him.

    His game is eerily similar to Jordan Mathews, altho Joe is a better finisher with the ball. It's the best comparison I can't think of. Some say Ravio but I don't see that at all. Maybe the shot but that's it. Cremo is unique. One of the most crafty guards I've seen in NCAA, esp given his lack of explosiveness.

    As a fan...if he isn't on campus soon id be highly disappointed as it's obvious he likes us. Maybe he likes us too much perhaps?

    Too bad we didn't get him here when the players were still around. No potlucks at Few for Joe. SMH.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

    -- Coach Few

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    16,345

    Default

    I would love to have Cremo if he’s a Jordan Matthews comp, but that wouldn’t help us too much at the point.
    As it stands, either Wade or Ayayi are going to have to step up and fill the roll of back up PG. (Thinking more of the ball handling than passing.)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I would love to have Cremo if he’s a Jordan Matthews comp, but that wouldn’t help us too much at the point.
    As it stands, either Wade or Ayayi are going to have to step up and fill the roll of back up PG. (Thinking more of the ball handling than passing.)
    Similar styles and game, yet different roles.

    Joe handled the PG duties much of the time. Shared with short, fast, athletic guy.

    Cremo has averaged 4 assists per game the past 2 seasons, and even averaged 1.5 apg his frosh year.

    The most assists per game Mathews averaged was 1.4.

    Big difference.

    Jordan Mathews style yet way more experience handling lead duties.

    Joe held his own vs several big name D1 programs while playing PG.

    We know Joe is clearly interested in us...but are we with him??
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

    -- Coach Few

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,111

    Default

    He doesn't solve the problem.

    Gonzaga needs a super quick, athletic point guard who allows Josh to play off guard and who can break down Duke or Kansas' defense with a NBA-like drive into the lane with 5 seconds left on the shot clock in Minneapolis. A Nigel level talent with better upside for the next level.

    Lots of teams can make the final 4, only a few can win it.

    There is no better PG out there than Josh Perkins right now. The well is dry, unless somebody suddenly becomes a grad transfer who isn't a grad transfer right now.. Anyone else they get, at best, is a backup.

    At least now we know Rui will definitely be starting at small forward next season. That was not going to occur if BWill had committed.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    He doesn't solve the problem.

    Gonzaga needs a super quick, athletic point guard who allows Josh to play off guard and who can break down Duke or Kansas' defense with a NBA-like drive into the lane with 5 seconds left on the shot clock in Minneapolis.
    A Nigel level talent with better upside for the next level.

    Lots of teams can make the final 4, only a few can win it.

    There is no better PG out there than Josh Perkins right now. The well is dry, unless somebody suddenly becomes a grad transfer who isn't a grad transfer right now.. Anyone else they get, at best, is a backup.

    At least now we know Rui will definitely be starting at small forward next season. That was not going to occur if BWill had committed.
    All I ask of you is to watch this in it's entirety, objectively. If you do, I think you'll change your mind.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWUW7MR0xY

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    16,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    All I ask of you is to watch this in it's entirety, objectively. If you do, I think you'll change your mind.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWUW7MR0xY
    Impressive. Especially with his drives and finishes in the paint. Plus it looks like he uses his left hand pretty well.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Impressive. Especially with his drives and finishes in the paint. Plus it looks like he uses his left hand pretty well.
    Many against Louisville and Memphis, the very "athletic" type of teams that CDC was talking about. I just ask that he watches that objectively in its entirety.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    I want Cremo but he’s not BWill. He’s more ZN, but what we really need is what CDC described. We need somebody that can dribble penetrate past their defender not just somebody strong enough to finish through their defender.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I want Cremo but he’s not BWill. He’s more ZN, but what we really need is what CDC described. We need somebody that can dribble penetrate past their defender not just somebody strong enough to finish through their defender.
    Please be honest: did you watch the reel?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    He doesn't solve the problem.

    Gonzaga needs a super quick, athletic point guard who allows Josh to play off guard and who can break down Duke or Kansas' defense with a NBA-like drive into the lane with 5 seconds left on the shot clock in Minneapolis. A Nigel level talent with better upside for the next level.
    .
    For the win.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Please be honest: did you watch the reel?
    Haha ok spy I’ll be honest. Come on dude, get over yourself. I’m wondering if you’ve watched his reels. Like I said previously, I want him. But if you think he’s quick twitch, I’m not sure what to tell you.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Haha ok spy I’ll be honest. Come on dude, get over yourself. I’m wondering if you’ve watched his reels. Like I said previously, I want him. But if you think he’s quick twitch, I’m not sure what to tell you.
    I didn't say he's "quick twitch". I don't even know what that means. Were the Zags teams that put us on the map and made us a household name "quick twitch"? I want basketball players, not track stars.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    All I ask of you is to watch this in it's entirety, objectively. If you do, I think you'll change your mind.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWUW7MR0xY
    I watched the video, and I agree that he is more Norvell than Perkins. I don't think he passed the ball once. The other thing about this video is almost all of his video and outside shots are set shots. I did not see a one or even a two dribble pull-up jumper either going right or left. Having a pull-up jumpger is mandatory in my opinion. I don't think we need a big scoring point guard this year. We need a back-up point guard who can run the offense and pass. I'm looking for someone who can run our offense part time, and probably very part time. Someone like Ayayi, Wade, or Foster. I like Foster's size, 6'7". I like Ayayi's speed and quickness. I've read that both of these guys like to play D. IMO we DO NOT NEED A SCORING GUARD. We need someone who can run an offense with authority and PASS. We have plenty of scorers on this team.

    Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Haha ok spy Iíll be honest. Come on dude, get over yourself. Iím wondering if youíve watched his reels. Like I said previously, I want him. But if you think heís quick twitch, Iím not sure what to tell you.

    Tell him he is pretty and buy him a drink...compliments and free drinks change minds
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I didn't say he's "quick twitch". I don't even know what that means...
    PCP awareness...?
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    All I ask of you is to watch this in it's entirety, objectively. If you do, I think you'll change your mind.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWUW7MR0xY
    that clip didn't show me anything i didn't already know...he's a sniper who also has a good floater and can get to the rim occasionally. but did that clip show any ball handling or playmaking skills? nada...he doesn't fill a more pressing need...someone who can run the point...he's a nice to have, not a must have...imo

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    I watched the video, and I agree that he is more Norvell than Perkins. I don't think he passed the ball once. The other thing about this video is almost all of his video and outside shots are set shots. I did not see a one or even a two dribble pull-up jumper either going right or left. Having a pull-up jumpger is mandatory in my opinion. I don't think we need a big scoring point guard this year. We need a back-up point guard who can run the offense and pass. I'm looking for someone who can run our offense part time, and probably very part time. Someone like Ayayi, Wade, or Foster. I like Foster's size, 6'7". I like Ayayi's speed and quickness. I've read that both of these guys like to play D. IMO we DO NOT NEED A SCORING GUARD. We need someone who can run an offense with authority and PASS. We have plenty of scorers on this team.

    Go Zags!!!
    All I have read here all off season is that we need combo guards, he is exactly that, but now no one wants him. I think he'd be a great addition as a backup to ZN and Perks, filling in for Perks until he's fully healthy, Cremo did average 4apg.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    He doesn't solve the problem.

    Gonzaga needs a super quick, athletic point guard who allows Josh to play off guard and who can break down Duke or Kansas' defense with a NBA-like drive into the lane with 5 seconds left on the shot clock in Minneapolis. A Nigel level talent with better upside for the next level.

    Lots of teams can make the final 4, only a few can win it.

    There is no better PG out there than Josh Perkins right now. The well is dry, unless somebody suddenly becomes a grad transfer who isn't a grad transfer right now.. Anyone else they get, at best, is a backup.

    At least now we know Rui will definitely be starting at small forward next season. That was not going to occur if BWill had committed.
    Cremo would help this team a lot more than an over-rated primadonna like Williams. Williams being given the keys to run the team over a 5th year senior likely would not sit well with all the Zags. This could have been a chemistry killer for the team. Now Perkins can stick to the point and have one of the best shooters in college ball beside him. Cremo can spell him when he needs a blow.

    Cremo is a proven commodity. Can shoot, drive , pass , rebound. His deadly 3pt shooting will open up the inside for Clarke and Tillie. Nobody is going to double off Cremo, Perkins or Norvell.
    The Zags are going to be fine without Williams. They will be more than fine with Cremo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •