Thread: A doctor question for the doctors on here.

Default A doctor question for the doctors on here.

I was playing baseball with my son and i slipped and my leg went behind me and my whole body weight fell on my knee and ankle. I heard a snapping sound and i was in tons of pain. I have been icing it since last night.

This morning my ankle on the sides feel better but the back of my foot is in alot of pain and feels stiff for movement. The top of my foot is now sore as well.

I dont have insurance nor alot of money so im just wondering what you guys think it sounds like?

Thanks
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    I was playing baseball with my son and i slipped and my leg went behind me and my whole body weight fell on my knee and ankle. I heard a snapping sound and i was in tons of pain. I have been icing it since last night.

This morning my ankle on the sides feel better but the back of my foot is in alot of pain and feels stiff for movement. The top of my foot is now sore as well.

I dont have insurance nor alot of money so im just wondering what you guys think it sounds like?

Thanks
    Snapping sound and pain/soreness at the back of your foot? My first thought is you ruptured your achilles tendon, but then I'm not a doctor. Try tapping your knee just below the knee cap. If your foot moves(due to reflexes), the tendon is still intact.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I'm no doctor, but most communities have some sort of tiered pay structure clinic. If you "heard a snap" than I think it is serious enough that you owe it to yourself to get it checked.

The one way to go from a bad financial situation to worse is to miss a lot of work due to it getting worse.

Go get it looked at.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I'm a doctor of electrical engineering. My advice is to apply a voltage, measure the current, and calculate the resistance.

And probably visit a medical professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Pallet View Post
    I'm a doctor of electrical engineering. My advice is to apply a voltage, measure the current, and calculate the resistance.

And probably visit a medical professional.
    Ohmmmm
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

I just saw people replied. Thank you.

My update:

I havent gone in to a dr yet. The foot is semi sore to walk on too much still. It seems like it has improved. The back of my ankle is still painful though. Something definitely was hurt back there. It hurts more to climb or go down stairs.

Its been two weeks. Ill probably wait and see some more.
    Love the zags for life