Spring/Summer 2018

Transfer News

2019 Class

Finalists

Recruiting News/Updates

Home

Contact

Women’s Basketball Transfers: Spring/Summer 2018

D-I women’s basketball players transferring (arranged by former school), based on reports from February forward. The player’s class (FR, SO, JR, SR) is for the 2017–18 season. (Last updated: April 26, 2018—recent additions to the list and those with a newly announced transfer destination are highlighted in red)

Stats
    • Total listed: 184
    • Those with their new school noted: 67
    • Grad transfers: 34
    • Transferring from Power 5 schools: 58
    • Transferring to Power 5 schools: 10

Akron
    • Destiny Perkins, 5-6 FR guard, McCordsville, IN → IUPUI

Alabama
    • DaiJia Ruffin, 5-9 JR guard, Louisville, KY (grad xfer)

Appalachian State
    • Q. Murray, 5-9 RS JR guard, Baltimore, MD (immediately eligible; 2 years) → Towson

Ball State
    • Carmen Grande, 5-8 JR point guard, Madrid, Spain (grad xfer)

Binghamton
    • Jasmine Sina, 5-5 RS JR point guard, Lake Hopatcong, NJ (grad xfer) → St. John’s

Bowling Green
    • Kennedy Williams, 5-6 FR guard, Marshall, IL → Southern Indiana (D-II)
    • Carly Santoro, 5-10 JR guard, Bellevue, OH (grad xfer) → Ohio State

BYU
    • Liz Eaton, 5-10 SO guard, Mapleton, UT → Weber State
    • Haley Bodnar Rydalch, 6-3 JR center, St. George, UT (grad xfer)

Cal Poly
    • Ayzhiana Basallo, 5-5 FR point guard, San Francisco, CA → San Jose State

UC Santa Barbara
    • Sarah Bates, 5-9 FR guard, Fresno, CA → Kansas State
    • Akilah Jennings, 5-10 JR guard, San Jose, CA
    • Sarah Porter, 5-10 RS JR guard, San Diego, CA (grad xfer) → Utah
    • Nina Radford, 6-0 FR wing, Portland, OR → Northern Arizona

Chicago State
    • Chanel Khammarath, 5-8 guard, Chicago, IL

Clemson
    • Jaia Alexander, 5-10 SO guard, Baltimore, MD → Butler

Cleveland State
    • Ashanti Abshaw, 5-9 RS JR forward, Cleveland Heights, OH (not on CSU 2018–19 roster; grad xfer?)

Colorado
    • Ariana Freeman, 5-9 SR guard, Manassas, VA (grad xfer) → George Mason

Colorado State
    • Anna Dreimane, 6-5 SO center, Riga, Latvia
    • Jordyn Edwards, 5-8 RS FR guard, Seattle, WA
    • Callie Kaiser, 5-10 JR wing, Broomfield, CO
    • Nathalie Linden, 5-10 SO guard, Stockholm, Sweden
    • Sofie Tryggedsson, 6-0 JR guard, Aarhus, Denmark

Columbia
    • Alexa Giuliano, 5-6 SR guard, Hackettstown, NJ (grad xfer) → Fordham

UConn
    • Andra Espinoza-Hunter, 5-11 FR guard, Ossining, NY → Mississippi State

Denver
    • Carie Weinman, 5-9 FR guard, Glenview, IL
    • Sidney Wentland, 6-0 FR forward, Elk River, MN

DePaul
    • Claire McMahon, 6-1 SO shooting guard, Frankfort, IL

Detroit Mercy
    • Gracie Roberts, 5-8 JR guard, Nelson, New Zealand

Drexel
    • Hayley Wardwell, 5-10 FR guard, Hanover, MA

East Tennessee State
    • Morgan Martin, 6-1 RS JR forward, Davenport, IA (grad xfer)
    • Alayjah Sherer, 5-10 G, Tupelo, MS → Northwest Florida State College (juco)

Eastern Michigan
    • Esabelle Levine, 5-5 SO point guard, Eden Prairie, MN

Eastern Washington
    • Symone Starks, 5-6 SO point guard, Highlands Ranch, CO

Evansville
    • Crimson Jones, 5-11 SO guard, Flora, IL

Fairfield
    • Erika Schlosser, 5-9 SO guard, Apple Valley, MN → Northwest Missouri State (D-II)

Florida
    • Mikayla Hayes, 6-2 FR forward, Brooklyn Park, MN
    • Tameria Johnson, 5-6 FR point guard, Ocala, FL
    • Jalaysha Thomas, 6-2 FR forward, Ocala, FL

George Mason
    • Danielle Deoul, 6-2 FR forward, Washingtonville, NY
    • DeJah Williford-Kelley, 6-1 SO guard/forward, Columbia, SC

George Washington
    • Kendall Bresee, 5-11 SO guard, Frederick, MD

Hampton
    • Dejane’ James, 5-3 JR guard, Hartford, CT

High Point
    • Haleigh Hatfield, 6-0 SO wing, Winston-Salem, NC
    • Jiselle Thomas, 5-9 FR guard, Norwalk, OH

Idaho State
    • Amanda Betlere, 5-6 FR guard, Riga, Latvia
    • Nicole Murugarren, 6-2 JR forward, Madrid, Spain

Illinois
    • Cydnee Kinslow, 6-2 RS SO forward, Oakley, CA
    • Addaya Moore, 5-11 FR guard, Granite City, IL
    • Jnaya Walker, 6-1 FR forward, Bolingbrook, IL

Illinois State
    • Amaria Allen, 5-10 SO guard, Cincinnati, OH
    • Zakiya Beckles, 5-6 SO guard, Middlesex, NJ
    • Ajai Simmons, 5-10 FR guard, Studio City, CA
    • Deja Turner, 5-11 SO guard, Tampa, FL
    • Morgan VanHyfte, 6-0 SO guard, Annawan, IL → Central Missouri (D-II)
    ers...
  • ZagDad84
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2014

Interesting.

Liz Eaton does not surprise me as she led the State of Utah in scoring her Junior and Senior year in high school. She only played in 23 games this year averaging only 7.8 min/game. I am sure it was a lack of playing time which led to her transferring from BYU. She will have to sit out next year due to transfer rules.

Haley Bodnar Rydalch is an enigma. She appears to not have played for BYU this year as she is on the roster but is not included in the 2017-2018 stats summary, so was she injured? She is listed as being on the roster for BYU from 2014-2018 but her bio also lists her previous school as Purdue University. She was the Utah Gatorade Player of the Year in 2014. She is not very offensively minded but she holds the all-time State of Utah high school record for blocks in a season as a sophomore. With the emergence of Sara Hamson as a center, Haley Rydalch's opportunity for playing time next year would be significantly reduced. It will be interesting to see where she transfers to.

ZagDad

Comment

• seacatfan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2014

More and more transfers every year it seems like. I know sylean had some interest in Lou Brown formerly of Washington St. Sounds like she picked Tennessee. I could see her not getting a whole lot of playing time there. Don't understand that choice. Not to mention their coach is terrible.

I've seen some sources indicating 3 players are leaving Oregon (Campisano, Ayuso and Maley) and maybe more coming. They still have an excellent nucleus but some of those players could've been important players somewhere down the road.

Washington has lost a promising Fr. PG to transfer 2 years in a row. Kind of hard to develop the PG of the future when they keep leaving after 1 season.

Comment

• Coug Tracks
        Kennel Club
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
        More and more transfers every year it seems like. I know sylean had some interest in Lou Brown formerly of Washington St. Sounds like she picked Tennessee. I could see her not getting a whole lot of playing time there. Don't understand that choice. Not to mention their coach is terrible.
        Lou Brown is headed to UTenn. I don't really get it either but if she's healthy she should get minutes. I honestly didn't believe she moved well most of last year.

Comment

• sylean
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2010

I just assume that Rydalch is the sister in law possibly of Eaton, who's older sister took on the name Rydalch in her last year...if true, its curious that both Eaton and Rydalch leave at the same time...

re Oregon....I read too that three players were leaving, a couple of posts I believe....but it must be frustrating to a player to not get to play and to not have any hope of playing much...that should be of big importance when choosing a school...whether the coach will stick with you because if not, you've wasted a year and will have to sit out...

Comment

• seacatfan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2014

McGwire has joined the exodus from Oregon, going to Boise St. apparently. Good pick up for BSU. That's 4....something going on there? They still have plenty of talent but this is starting to hurt their depth, especially in the backcourt where there are no proven players after Ionescu and Cazorla.

Comment

• sylean
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2010

I think maybe they were encouraged to move on, for playing time....don't know whats going on and I don't know how good the players leaving are...maybe KG has a pipeline of good players coming in and he wants room for them....

which brings up a point...in football, doesn't the NCAA keep track of all players and gives a score to the school.....if players leave early, or fail out etc, the score reflects that and I know that WSU got dinged with that several yrs ago, even though players left on their own accord.....does this same rule go for basketball?...does the NCAA even care about the number of transfers?.it seems endemic....

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

I think there was something called the APR that tracked how many players that started at a school graduated within 5 years. If your APR got too low you got dinged. Not sure if that exists anymore. W/ 1 and done in men's hoops the APR is a joke anyway.

I seriously doubt McGwire was encouraged to leave. She's started about half of the games she's played in during her 2 years in Eugene. She most likely would've been the first post player off the bench this year. Ayuso looked like a promising PG prospect somewhere down the road. Cazorla is a Sr., I really doubt Ayuso was encouraged to leave either. She didn't transfer though, she's beginning her professional career (assuming in Europe, certainly not eligible for the WNBA as she's only a Fr.).

Comment

• northwest1
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Nov 2014

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                  McGwire has joined the exodus from Oregon, going to Boise St. apparently. Good pick up for BSU. That's 4....something going on there? They still have plenty of talent but this is starting to hurt their depth, especially in the backcourt where there are no proven players after Ionescu and Cazorla.
                  Playing time, everyone wants to play. Oregon is getting three players in next year. Satou Sabally (P-12 freshman of yr) younger sister Nyra Sabally. Notre Dame transfer, Kentucky Gatorade POY, Erin Boley and PG ,Gatorade Arizona POY Taylor Chavez. Of the four transfera only McGwire saw any significant backup time.

In some recruiting circles they say Oregon is in the strong lead for high school junior Cameron Brink. The whole country seems to be recruiting her. Seeing the highlights on you tube I can see why.

Comment

• seacatfan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2014

Originally posted by northwest1 View Post
                    In some recruiting circles they say Oregon is in the strong lead for high school junior Cameron Brink. The whole country seems to be recruiting her. Seeing the highlights on you tube I can see why.
                    Who is saying that? I've heard UConn and Stanford are the teams to beat. She has been attending Oregon St. home games fairly regularly the last several years.

Brink and Hailey Van Lith from Cashmere are both ranked in the top 5 of the '20 recruiting class. I really hope one or both stay in the Northwest, but I'd be kinda surprised if either does.

Comment

Working...
                    X