Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Williams

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Noticed it’s taken a turn. Still 70 and 63 though. Hopefully no rain.
    And now it’s showing rain. Hopefully the weatherman got it wrong yet again!

KHQ still shows it being 81 on Saturday with increasing clouds late in the day.

http://www.khq.com/weather

[QUOTE=ZagzKrak;1386415]KHQ still shows it being 81 on Saturday with increasing clouds late in the day.

http://www.khq.com/weather[/QUOTE

The Weather channel has it 62 and cloudy for Saturday https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USWA0422:1:US

Quote Originally Posted by ZagzKrak View Post
    KHQ still shows it being 81 on Saturday with increasing clouds late in the day.

http://www.khq.com/weather
    You were looking at Friday unfortunately.

I'm seeing 83 on Friday, 61 on Saturday, Rain on Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I'm seeing 83 on Friday, 61 on Saturday, Rain on Sunday...
    No doubt that Spokane looks better when the sun is out ... however, I doubt we'll compete with Arizona if we're trying to sell BWill that Spokane has better weather than AZ. We might be able to hang with Oregon on that one. Bottom line is that Zags will have to win recruitment on: program (19 consecutive trips to tournament), facilities (Kennel, Volcar), coaching (National coach of the year), opportunity to play (spot waiting next to our senior guard who is willing to let a transfer/new player run the point), chance to play for National Championship (predicted as a #1 seed even before BWill commits), TV exposure (ESPN), games against quality opponents (Arizona, Duke, UNC, etc), holiday tournaments in Hawaii (Maui Invitational)....

I dunno, all those seem like pretty compelling arguments to be a Zag. A beautiful sunny day when he arrives wouldn't hurt but sure hope that isn't what he bases his decision on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    No doubt that Spokane looks better when the sun is out ... however, I doubt we'll compete with Arizona if we're trying to sell BWill that Spokane has better weather than AZ. We might be able to hang with Oregon on that one. Bottom line is that Zags will have to win recruitment on: program (19 consecutive trips to tournament), facilities (Kennel, Volcar), coaching (National coach of the year), opportunity to play (spot waiting next to our senior guard who is willing to let a transfer/new player run the point), chance to play for National Championship (predicted as a #1 seed even before BWill commits), TV exposure (ESPN), games against quality opponents (Arizona, Duke, UNC, etc), holiday tournaments in Hawaii (Maui Invitational)....

I dunno, all those seem like pretty compelling arguments to be a Zag. A beautiful sunny day when he arrives wouldn't hurt but sure hope that isn't what he bases his decision on.
    Good post.

I love this thread, but I agree with Zag_Dad; and if he does make his decision on weather, he won’t be a good fit for the program.

Not to nitpick: but it's 20 consecutive trips. And counting.....

This is really exciting news. I agree that the selling point is NOT the weather. What is? The basketball program=A+ The school A+ and the family>atmosphere at GU (it's real Brandon Williams. And you will enjoy being in this family the rest of your life. Make the right Choice Brandon. One you'll never forget. There's an NCAA championship that you could be a part of here.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

If he is a SoCal guy, he might appreciate the experience with snow. I live in AZ and the 110+ degree days and 90 degree temps into the night during the summer are not for everyone.

I love this board, by the way. This thread is like watching election coverage— so much to talk about but so little happening right now. Every comment and movement is scrutinized, tea leaves are read, and rap lyrics are analyzed like the JFK Zapruder film. Zag fans are truly fanatics and I like being a part of it. It will be great to hear the reports when BW shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I love this board, by the way. This thread is like watching election coverage— so much to talk about but so little happening right now. Every comment and movement is scrutinized, tea leaves are read, and rap lyrics are analyzed like the JFK Zapruder film. Zag fans are truly fanatics and I like being a part of it. It will be great to hear the reports when BW shows up.
    Lol I am right with you JP, everytime I refresh this and it shows a new message I have to get in here and look at the new news!

Quote Originally Posted by 229SintoZag View Post
    Not to nitpick: but it's 20 consecutive trips. And counting.....
    Oops. I stand corrected. Thank you

tick tock, tick tock...............
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    tick tock, tick tock...............
    Isn't Brandon Williams flying into Spokane tomorrow for his official visit? If he comes, we have a chance...My fingers are crossed the Miller's don't change their collective minds!
    Last edited by Bogozags; 04-27-2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Deminsia kicking in

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Isn't Brian Williams flying into Spokane tomorrow for his official visit? If he comes, we have a chance...My fingers are crossed the Miller's don't change their collective minds!
    If I get a chance to talk with Brian Williams Id like to ask him why he retired from NBC so early. I thought he had several years of broadcasting ahead of him.

Oops. I stand corrected. Thank you
    It’s easy to confuse since Mark Few has been 19 times as head coach, which doesn’t include Dan Monson’s Elite Eight year the year before Few took over.

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    If I get a chance to talk with Brian Williams Id like to ask him why he retired from NBC so early. I thought he had several years of broadcasting ahead of him.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...?noredirect=on

Plus, weren't The Millers cancelled?
    http://www.tv.com/shows/the-millers/

Go ZAGS!

Quote Originally Posted by LocalNative View Post
    The Bare Naked Ladies wrote a song about why he left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE3mFOwUxdk
    Quit social media. You'll be better for it.

You expressed my feelings exactly. I love checking to see if there is anything new.

https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...sits-117721085

“The main reason behind moving the visit was that recruiting is a business and a process for these schools,” Chris explained. “Once we knew what the final schools were for Brandon, we wanted to move up the visit, so all of the schools involved could continue recruiting other kids and we didn’t want to be holding up that process. Brandon is cutting his prom weekend short for Gonzaga. We will fly in Saturday evening and be on campus until Monday.”

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    Well, sounds like a full weekend coming up. There's a joke somewhere there about going from courting to being courted, but I'll just say that I hope he recognizes his good fortune and appreciates these times.

It sounds to me like he is doing "his part" in accommodating the schools that want him, nice sign.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by phxfireflames View Post
    I know that some people in the Twitterverse have grown impatient with father and son Williams but I have respect for them and how they have approached his recruitment. Bumping up the visit so the also-ran coaches can move on as quickly as possible is a pretty solid move.

I know that some people in the Twitterverse have grown impatient with father and son Williams but I have respect for them and how they have approached his recruitment. Bumping up the visit so the also-ran coaches can move on as quickly as possible is a pretty solid move.
    And why would they prolong a process that is largely complete? This gives them the ability to act with expediency and adjust at their leisure.