Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Brandon Williams

At least he’s not taking his talents to South Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    If Arizona gets slammed tomorrow or before the season begins, is there a shot we could still land him in 18 or is this it? Zona and Miller are going down.
    Any player who is not enrolled has not started their college clock
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I'm torn, I'm glad he didn't choose Oregon but I'm honestly shocked that he chose Zona with the cloud hanging over them. Seems like a really poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I'm torn, I'm glad he didn't choose Oregon but I'm honestly shocked that he chose Zona with the cloud hanging over them. Seems like a really poor decision.
    Gonzaga is my favorite team. If they had offered me out of high school, there is very little that could have swayed me to go elsewhere. I’m sure Miller told him that there’s nothing to the investigation and btw, you’ll play 35 minutes a game.
    That’s probably what happened. I get it.
    Good luck to Brandon in the polite way. I will now concentrate on the team that the Zags put on the floor next year.

The worst part about BWill's decision, beyond the fact that it possibly ruinied GU's chance at a national title, is that dang Jay Bilas will use BWill as ammunition in his tired argument that Gonzaga is a mid major program because they can't recruit against the big boys. It's inevitable that they are going to pair Gonzaga and Arizona in Maui, and as always, Jay Bilas will be there. I wanted to shut that guy up once and for all. 25% of the reason I wanted BWill had to do with Bilas.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    The worst part about BWill's decision, beyond the fact that it possibly ruinied GU's chance at a national title, is that dang Jay Bilas will use BWill as ammunition in his tired argument that Gonzaga is a mid major program because they can't recruit against the big boys. It's inevitable that they are going to pair Gonzaga and Arizona in Maui, and as always, Jay Bilas will be there. I wanted to shut that guy up once and for all. 25% of the reason I wanted BWill had to do with Bilas.
    I wish there was a way to "super like" this post.

If Gonzaga meets Arizona in Maui, Gonzaga will win.
    I don’t care what Jay Bills thinks.
    I still have high hopes for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    If Gonzaga meets Arizona in Maui, Gonzaga will win.
    I don’t care what Jay Bills thinks.
    I still have high hopes for next year.
    This. We ll still win if we play AZ. This kid choosing AZ really isn't awful. ��Sure we. Hold have used him but not only are we loaded.. Few knows we need that one spot edifices. He'll get a good one. At least we know he's hard at it unlike a few years ago! Lol
    Then again two years ago, there wasn't a lot of quality transfers around the might suit our needs .
    I'm certain over the Summer we'll find some mJor help out front to pair with Josh. Brandon may have had oodles of talent but he would be new to the D1 game. Wesley type would be fine!

Wish the kid the best, but now this whole thread seams like old news

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Gonzaga is my favorite team. If they had offered me out of high school, there is very little that could have swayed me to go elsewhere. I’m sure Miller told him that there’s nothing to the investigation and btw, you’ll play 35 minutes a game.
    That’s probably what happened. I get it.
    Good luck to Brandon in the polite way. I will now concentrate on the team that the Zags put on the floor next year.
    I think the bolded is key. He want's to be "the man" regardless of how good the team will be. Now he will get his chance.

Zags were always gonna be 3rd after Oregon and Arizona. Pac 12 over WCC seals this

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I think the bolded is key. He want's to be "the man" regardless of how good the team will be. Now he will get his chance.
    It's going to be interesting what happens at AZ. I wonder if the fact he'll be gone before any major charges fly had anything to do with his decision. That is, if any end up being filed. Best of luck to him.

Get healthy Josh. Perkins, norvelle, tillie, rui and Clarke. Let's go

Thank God this ends here,

Ha ha ha ....turn Brandon out to General basketball thread. Never any chance of becoming Zag Material.

As you know I'm not surprised at all, as I believed he would not come to GU. It does surprise me that someone like CDC would say that Gonzaga won't make the Final 4 this year without him. And this is maybe the main reason that I did not like this thread. So many fans felt just like CDC, and put so much hope in him. I'm sure people are quite let down tonight. I love the team we have now, and won't be surprised that we get someone special before Fall. I never felt this kid ever wanted to go to GU. If he had he would have come here before signing with Arizona the first time. I will wish him good luck, only out of politely. But underneath those words I can hardly wait to play Arizona if we do, cause I want to see Norvell tear him, and I want to see Perkins take him to school. I'm sure his decision came down to knowing he is not going to beat out either Josh or Norvell. I know some of you don't like Perkins at the point, but I do. And I like him a lot. He's going to be a senior, and he deserves to RUN this team again. We had a very good year last year with this team, and it's going to be better next year.

One thing I believe. Williams was not Zag material, and I'm totally okay with him playing at Arizona. Let's keep looking for guys who are Zag Material/

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I wish there was a way to "super dislike" this post. Come on CDC, I love you man, but please stop with the self pity. We are SO past being offended by a comment here or there from someone nationally - or at least we should be past it. Bilas does NOT argue that we are a mid major program any more, and hasn't in ages. Nobody in the national media does it anymore. And although it seems like the kid could help us win a NT next year, nobody knows that - obviously. He could very easily have become a distraction or someone who affects team unity in a negative way. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him. But it doesn't hurt THAT much.

Quote Originally Posted by kclubfounder View Post
    I wish there was a way to "super dislike" this post. Come on CDC, I love you man, but please stop with the self pity. We are SO past being offended by a comment here or there from someone nationally - or at least we should be past it. Bilas does NOT argue that we are a mid major program any more, and hasn't in ages. Nobody in the national media does it anymore. And although it seems like the kid could help us win a NT next year, nobody knows that - obviously. He could very easily have become a distraction or someone who affects team unity in a negative way. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him. But it doesn't hurt THAT much.
    ^truth^

Count me among those who are not surprised. I was hoping the allure of being able to play for a national title would help sway him, and maybe it did a little bit, but not enough. He definitely won't be playing for one at AZ with Miller leading the ship.

I still really like Gonzaga's chances next year. Yeah having Williams would have been nice, but he still would have been the backup PG. Perkins is going to get the majority of the minutes at that position and that may have factored into Williams' decision as well. Hopefully the Zags can get a decent PG to transfer in, but even if they don't they're still going to be really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    As you know I'm not surprised at all, as I believed he would not come to GU. It does surprise me that someone like CDC would say that Gonzaga won't make the Final 4 this year without him. And this is maybe the main reason that I did not like this thread. So many fans felt just like CDC, and put so much hope in him. I'm sure people are quite let down tonight. I love the team we have now, and won't be surprised that we get someone special before Fall. I never felt this kid ever wanted to go to GU. If he had he would have come here before signing with Arizona the first time. I will wish him good luck, only out of politely. But underneath those words I can hardly wait to play Arizona if we do, cause I want to see Norvell tear him, and I want to see Perkins take him to school. I'm sure his decision came down to knowing he is not going to beat out either Josh or Norvell. I know some of you don't like Perkins at the point, but I do. And I like him a lot. He's going to be a senior, and he deserves to RUN this team again. We had a very good year last year with this team, and it's going to be better next year.

One thing I believe. Williams was not Zag material, and I'm totally okay with him playing at Arizona. Let's keep looking for guys who are Zag Material/

Go Zags!!!
    Thought he said national championship. What's going to get this team to the ff will be defensive improvement, Josh's health, and rui's development. And if those things happen, another shot at the title is very possible.