Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 669

Thread: Brandon Williams

  1. #576
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I don't think sources matter much in this case, as nothing has leaked.

    I am of the belief he is STILL deciding.

    It's never this mute just hours before he announces.

    Either way, he will be surprising a lot of folks, including his own imo.
    Hopefully whatever his decision is, he sticks with it. Nobody likes when someone pulls a Mike Francesca.

  2. #577
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    OK let’s get this decision over with so we can all move on!
    This seems to be really tough for Brandon. Hope he can reach a comfortable place on this. Maybe he should delay; maybe he should just flip a coin; maybe he should go with what his parents suggest. It seems to be driving this board crazy, but it's probably driving him even more crazy and he needs to find a way to move on too.

  3. #578
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Even though it's down to three choices our odds are still 50/50. Either he picks GU or he doesn't.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

  4. #579
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    If he chooses to go elsewhere, I just can't help but believe that Gonzaga will have been in there until the very last second. If Meyer thinks Oregon in a runaway, then I am done analyzing recruiting. According to what most top recruits want out of a school, Gonzaga checks way more of the boxes than Oregon and Zona NEXT season. May not be that way 3 seasons from now, but NEXT season. Arizona is in what is rebuilding mode for them (with FBI/NCAA things hanging over its head which scared BWill off in the first place), and right now, at best, Lunardi is only going to put the Ducks 3 or 4 seeds behind GU even if they land BWill. They just have too much youth. And yet despite being a projected #1 seed, Gonzaga still has a spot in the starting lineup for BWill to compete for. If BWill chooses elsewhere, some will blame the WCC, but I don't feel the league issue is strong enough in this case to take the kid away from GU. Not when GU has a final 4 level team and a preseason top 5 team and the other teams are behind hem.

  5. #580
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,627

    Default

    Someone please remind me when the announcement is?

    Thanks.

  6. #581
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Someone please remind me when the announcement is?

    Thanks.
    Around 415 PST.

  7. #582
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Around 415 PST.
    I flew to Nashville last night and effectively have to wait two more hours and it’s killing me! It will all be fine when we see the bulldog!
    Go Zags!!!

  8. #583
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Vegas side bet.

    Will Brandon announce before Kentucky Derby has a winner?

  9. #584
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,004

  10. #585
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Well, we have four start 2019 pg Brock Ravet already committed
    True, but they offered the guy on May 4th (yesterday).
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  11. #586
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,083

    Default

    Looks like Meyer has Oregon, like 60 some percent 25% or so with Arizona, cloudy 7%.... I’m guesing he’s just not coming. I’d now be shocked if he chose us
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  12. #587
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Looks like Meyer has Oregon, like 60 some percent 25% or so with Arizona, cloudy 7%.... I’m guesing he’s just not coming. I’d now be shocked if he chose us
    Most of those are really old and I don't think any were updated after the Gonzaga visit so I wouldn't put much stock in it. In fact a lot of the Arizona ones are from his first recruitment. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but there is still a real chance.

  13. #588
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Most of those are really old and I don't think any were updated after the Gonzaga visit so I wouldn't put much stock in it. In fact a lot of the Arizona ones are from his first recruitment. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but there is still a real chance.
    Updated 5/1. Several others tweeted their guesses this morning 5% or so
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  14. #589
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    396

    Default

    4:15 is his game time. If I understand correctly, we do not know exactly when he will announce.
    Could it be before the game? at half-time? at conclusion of the game?

  15. #590
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3zagda View Post
    4:15 is his game time. If I understand correctly, we do not know exactly when he will announce.
    Could it be before the game? at half-time? at conclusion of the game?
    I'd guess halftime.

  16. #591
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    6,741

    Default

    I wonder if any of the coaches recruiting him will be at the game for the announcement?
    Go Zags!!!

  17. #592
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    Like a friend of mine, this whole streaming thing in front of the whole world to make announcement has the feel of a Pac 12 kid to me. Losing confidence fast. Even the most highly ranked Gonzaga recruits of the past have made their school announcement quietly with little fanfare. Maybe I will be surprised?

  18. #593
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    I wonder if any of the coaches recruiting him will be at the game for the announcement?
    I doubt it. It's not a real "recruiting" game for evaluating players. In fact, I think all 3 head coaches know right now, and all 3 have been called. Kind of like how the NCAA committee gives CBS/TBS the brackets before the official announcement. I also feel its the polite thing for a kid to do. To show the coaches respect and gratefulness for all their time and effort.

  19. #594
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia Suburb
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I doubt it. It's not a real "recruiting" game for evaluating players. In fact, I think all 3 head coaches know right now, and all 3 have been called. Kind of like how the NCAA committee gives CBS/TBS the brackets before the official announcement. I also feel its the polite thing for a kid to do. To show the coaches respect and gratefulness for all their time and effort.
    Coach Few just did a hand stand ��

  20. #595
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    Coach Few just did a hand stand ��
    Oh?

  21. #596
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Like a friend of mine, this whole streaming thing in front of the whole world to make announcement has the feel of a Pac 12 kid to me. Losing confidence fast. Even the most highly ranked Gonzaga recruits of the past have made their school announcement quietly with little fanfare. Maybe I will be surprised?
    I don’t see a correlation. Plus, I believe this has always been his plan.

  22. #597
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    i think i remember someone posting a link (or a tweet or article with a link) to watch the announcement... but i can't find it now. anyone got it?

  23. #598
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    297

  24. #599
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZAGsMang View Post
    thanks much, sir.

  25. #600
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    Coach Few just did a hand stand ��

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •