Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Williams

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I don't think sources matter much in this case, as nothing has leaked.

I am of the belief he is STILL deciding.

It's never this mute just hours before he announces.

Either way, he will be surprising a lot of folks, including his own imo.
    Hopefully whatever his decision is, he sticks with it. Nobody likes when someone pulls a Mike Francesca.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    OK let’s get this decision over with so we can all move on!
    This seems to be really tough for Brandon. Hope he can reach a comfortable place on this. Maybe he should delay; maybe he should just flip a coin; maybe he should go with what his parents suggest. It seems to be driving this board crazy, but it's probably driving him even more crazy and he needs to find a way to move on too.

Even though it's down to three choices our odds are still 50/50. Either he picks GU or he doesn't.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If he chooses to go elsewhere, I just can't help but believe that Gonzaga will have been in there until the very last second. If Meyer thinks Oregon in a runaway, then I am done analyzing recruiting. According to what most top recruits want out of a school, Gonzaga checks way more of the boxes than Oregon and Zona NEXT season. May not be that way 3 seasons from now, but NEXT season. Arizona is in what is rebuilding mode for them (with FBI/NCAA things hanging over its head which scared BWill off in the first place), and right now, at best, Lunardi is only going to put the Ducks 3 or 4 seeds behind GU even if they land BWill. They just have too much youth. And yet despite being a projected #1 seed, Gonzaga still has a spot in the starting lineup for BWill to compete for. If BWill chooses elsewhere, some will blame the WCC, but I don't feel the league issue is strong enough in this case to take the kid away from GU. Not when GU has a final 4 level team and a preseason top 5 team and the other teams are behind hem.

Someone please remind me when the announcement is?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Someone please remind me when the announcement is?

Thanks.
    Around 415 PST.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Around 415 PST.
    I flew to Nashville last night and effectively have to wait two more hours and it’s killing me! It will all be fine when we see the bulldog!
    Go Zags!!!

Vegas side bet.

Will Brandon announce before Kentucky Derby has a winner?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Well, we have four start 2019 pg Brock Ravet already committed
    True, but they offered the guy on May 4th (yesterday).
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Looks like Meyer has Oregon, like 60 some percent 25% or so with Arizona, cloudy 7%.... I’m guesing he’s just not coming. I’d now be shocked if he chose us
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Looks like Meyer has Oregon, like 60 some percent 25% or so with Arizona, cloudy 7%.... I’m guesing he’s just not coming. I’d now be shocked if he chose us
    Most of those are really old and I don't think any were updated after the Gonzaga visit so I wouldn't put much stock in it. In fact a lot of the Arizona ones are from his first recruitment. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but there is still a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Most of those are really old and I don't think any were updated after the Gonzaga visit so I wouldn't put much stock in it. In fact a lot of the Arizona ones are from his first recruitment. Trying not to get my hopes up too high but there is still a real chance.
    Updated 5/1. Several others tweeted their guesses this morning 5% or so
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

4:15 is his game time. If I understand correctly, we do not know exactly when he will announce.
    Could it be before the game? at half-time? at conclusion of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by 3zagda View Post
    4:15 is his game time. If I understand correctly, we do not know exactly when he will announce.
    Could it be before the game? at half-time? at conclusion of the game?
    I'd guess halftime.

I wonder if any of the coaches recruiting him will be at the game for the announcement?
    Go Zags!!!

Like a friend of mine, this whole streaming thing in front of the whole world to make announcement has the feel of a Pac 12 kid to me. Losing confidence fast. Even the most highly ranked Gonzaga recruits of the past have made their school announcement quietly with little fanfare. Maybe I will be surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    I wonder if any of the coaches recruiting him will be at the game for the announcement?
    I doubt it. It's not a real "recruiting" game for evaluating players. In fact, I think all 3 head coaches know right now, and all 3 have been called. Kind of like how the NCAA committee gives CBS/TBS the brackets before the official announcement. I also feel its the polite thing for a kid to do. To show the coaches respect and gratefulness for all their time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I doubt it. It's not a real "recruiting" game for evaluating players. In fact, I think all 3 head coaches know right now, and all 3 have been called. Kind of like how the NCAA committee gives CBS/TBS the brackets before the official announcement. I also feel its the polite thing for a kid to do. To show the coaches respect and gratefulness for all their time and effort.
    Coach Few just did a hand stand ��

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    Oh?

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Like a friend of mine, this whole streaming thing in front of the whole world to make announcement has the feel of a Pac 12 kid to me. Losing confidence fast. Even the most highly ranked Gonzaga recruits of the past have made their school announcement quietly with little fanfare. Maybe I will be surprised?
    I don’t see a correlation. Plus, I believe this has always been his plan.

i think i remember someone posting a link (or a tweet or article with a link) to watch the announcement... but i can't find it now. anyone got it?

Quote Originally Posted by GoZAGsMang View Post
    thanks much, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post