Thread: Vancouver Showcase....

Default Vancouver Showcase....

I've been watching for info on this Thanksgiving tournament in Vancouver...the women's side is supposed to have 8 teams....originally Arizona State was signed up but now I see they are not listed...instead Drake is listed...so far only Drake and Gonzaga are signed up...I know its early but is this tournament even going to take place?....any inside into would be appreciated...

got an email update on the Vancouver showcase...holy cow, the likes of oregon state, south carolina, and drake are scheduled to play.... if the teams stay the same, its going to be a barn burner of a tournament...this will be Nov 22 with the championship on the 24th, if nothing changes...

Cool. OSU will be very different w/ Gulich off to the WNBA but Maryland transfer Destiny Slocum eligible to play. Also w/ 2 Fr. and little used back up post player from last year they will have 3 players 6-6 or taller, undoubtedly the tallest team in the country. None of them will be anywhere near as good as Gulich most likely.

why can't we get some real height?.....I love who CLF recruits...she IMO is recruiting best available athletes...she's not necessarily recruiting to a position...but eventually we need some real tall girls...there's been some transfers this year to be had but we don't seem to get them...Yes, we'll get the tall girl transfer NEXT year, but this year we will struggle unless somebody comes out the of the woodwork...

the Vancouver showcase will be great, don't know how far we'll be able to go, but it will be a test...I imagine Louise's family/friends...

oh goody...Zag women open up against Notre Dame in the initial Vancouver Showcase....1200 Thanksgiving Day.....

Oh wow, that event is officially stacked now! Was already a good field w/ OSU and South Carolina but adding the defending Champion who brings back almost everybody puts it over the top. Sorry Zags fans, that game is probably gonna get ugly.

If JB was still here for her senior yr, we'd have a better chance IMO... we have a lot to spots to fill offensively....BUT we always have a chance...always....look for big things from the Wirths and it won't be their first game of the season at least...too bad our transfer can't get the Notre Dame secret sauce to play right away like ND did last yr...

I have a tape of JB when she played in the championship her HS senior yr...she seemed a little clumsy to me...uncoordinated....her red shirt year did wonders for her....she was amazing coming out on fire the next year...a think a yr does wonders for a player and so I expect to see the Wirths stronger and more aggressive....the coaches seem to do a good job in building up players....

I've broached the subject of going to Vancouver with my children, and they're not real positive of spending Thanksgiving away from home....otherwise, we'd be going....
    Last edited by sylean; 08-16-2018 at 07:35 PM.

I think it's fairly small capacity at that venue IIRC reading somewhere. I wonder how many fans from East Coast schools will be willing to travel to Vancouver, BC around the Thanksgiving holiday.

TerpZag, I can't view your attachments in either post.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    TerpZag, I can't view your attachments in either post.
    seacatfan, they are both from the Lady Zags WBB twitter account...Here is a link to that account:

https://twitter.com/ZagWBB?ref_src=t...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It is bad enough to have to face the National Champs in the first game of the tourney straight up.

Unfortunately, the Irish Wbb have just finished up a summer tour of Italy and Crotia playing three national teams. So we get the opportunity to play the champs who have already played several games before formal fall practice even starts.

Lucky us,

ZagDad