Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 2021 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by JohnOGU View Post
    Anyone else notice the bottom right corner of this..? “Parental Advisory Future Zag”? Reading too much into things?
    Bumping JohnOGU's comments. I think we would all value any insider perspective. Seems like a strong message to me, too.

Edit: missed ZagRecruitWatch's comment about Chet's tOSU tweet. Sounds like we should take it with a grain of salt.
    Welcome to Zagdom

from Jake twitter:
    “Arizona State’s Bobby Hurley in today for Top-100 juniors Frank Anselem and Jaden Jones, a source told @Stockrisers; Gonzaga will be in to watch Jones tomorrow.”
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Seems like we’re still in it with Max Christie. Lists us with Duke, Michigan State, Purdue, others in a Rivals interview this week. Took an unofficial to Northwestern last night to see their football team get destroyed by Ohio State. Mom played at Northwestern. Duke and MSU after him hard but says he’ll go where he feels most comfortable and feels at home.

Realistically that’s probably Duke. But I do think our best chance with the top national recruits are the ones who value a family atmosphere and can maybe get blown away on a visit. Admittedly Christie is my favorite 2021 guy so I’m holding on to just about anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Seems like we’re still in it with Max Christie. Lists us with Duke, Michigan State, Purdue, others in a Rivals interview this week. Took an unofficial to Northwestern last night to see their football team get destroyed by Ohio State. Mom played at Northwestern. Duke and MSU after him hard but says he’ll go where he feels most comfortable and feels at home.

Realistically that’s probably Duke. But I do think our best chance with the top national recruits are the ones who value a family atmosphere and can maybe get blown away on a visit. Admittedly Christie is my favorite 2021 guy so I’m holding on to just about anything here.
    Christie is terrific. Distance will be the biggest obstacle here. I did see Max play several times this summer and the sea of coaches at those games was very large. It was actually fun to try and recognize all of the faces in the coaching crowd. One thing that was very entertaining: I saw Tom Izzo at all of the games I attended and I couldn’t help but notice Powell essentially sitting on his lap lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post

It just occurred to me that I knew a young athlete who attended Duke for his freshman year. He hated the climate, the arrogance of some of the athletes and some of the southern attitudes. He could hardly wait to transfer to a school in the north that was a cut above Duke academically. Duke’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
    Parlez-vous français?

I know Nate Bittle has been discussed, but this is the first I’ve seen him confirm an official visit. Apologies if I missed it

https://247sports.com/college/basket....co/pniXCScoOa

Not sure why any high quality recruit would still pick AZ unless it was for a duffle of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by OCzag View Post
    I know Nate Bittle has been discussed, but this is the first I’ve seen him confirm an official visit. Apologies if I missed it

https://247sports.com/college/basket....co/pniXCScoOa

Not sure why any high quality recruit would still pick AZ unless it was for a duffle of cash.
    Not sure anything is confirmed on an official visit. Not saying we are not still in on Bittle, but his name does not come up as much as others in 2021's class.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    List of 2021 recruits I can recall us talking about, let me know if I've left anyone out. I included their ranking on ESPN, 247, and Rivals. Just wanted to get all of them on 1 page.

Kennedy Chandler 17,19,12
    Isael Silva 57, 31, 20
    Nolan Hickman NR, 59, 86
    Max Christie 15, 10, 17
    Devin Askew 12, 13, 9
    Peyton Watson 52, 27, 30
    Kaden Perry NR, 83, NR committed
    Paolo Banchero 3, 4, 2
    Ben Gregg 30, 82, 60
    Caleb Furst 31, 38, 32
    Chet Holmgren 4, 2, 4
    Nathan Bittle 14, 12, 16
    Charles Bediako 34, 34, 53
    Franck Kepnang 20, 25, 24
    Gonzaga sent assistant coach Roger Powell to the International Sports Academy at Andrews Osborne to see 6-11center Charles Bediako (St. Catherine’s, ON) on Oct. 21. The consensus top-55 prospect holds 12 offers, including Xavier, USC, Florida, Alabama, Maryland, Illinois, and Ohio State.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2019/10/...frank-anselem/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

You can swipe Devin Askew off the list. Committed to Calipari.

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    · 2h
    Gonzaga, USC, and Arizona State will all have assistants in today for Top-30 junior Peyton Watson, a source told @Stockrisers. As we reported yesterday, he will visit UVA in two weeks.

Nathan Bittle: Top 15 2021 center takes first two officials

“I’m going to Gonzaga pretty soon and I think Oregon and Virginia,” Bittle said.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...nia-137365931/

Do we have any additional information on Gregg?

Default Ben Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Do we have any additional information on Gregg?
    "(L)ongtime Freeman and Post Falls (women's basketball) coach (Matt Gregg will) bring his Warner Pacific women’s basketball team to Gonzaga (this weekend, and) his son will be in town for a visit with the GU men.

“We’ll see how that all plays out,” Gregg said, referring to the recruitment process for his son Ben, a 6-foot-8 forward who already has offers from Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State and several other big schools."

https://www.swxrightnow.com/stories/...gregg-set-for/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Thanks for the update!

Caldwellzag, what are the chances we get a verbal on this unofficial visit?

Thanks for the update!

Caldwellzag, what are the chances we get a verbal on this unofficial visit?
    Don’t believe we’ve offered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Don’t believe we’ve offered yet.
    So, you’re saying that could an impediment ��

So, you’re saying that could an impediment ��
    Haha perhaps.