Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruits

2021 Peyton Watson drawing some attention from Zag staff https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/07/24/...official-visit

Andrew Slater
    @Andrew__Slater
    ·
    19h
    5⭐️Paolo Banchero’21
    @Pp_doesit
    of Seattle Rotary said he hears daily from Gonzaga & near daily with Duke and North Carolina. Frequent contact from both Tennessee and Memphis. Washington (lives 20 minutes away) and UCLA are two PAC-12 schools recruiting him hard

Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    USA Basketball: 2021 wing Peyton Watson shows promise, continues to add high major interest
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...ing-133970855/

Crazy some of the names I am starting to hear. Top 15 talents across board! From guards to bigs. Going to be another amazing class. When I get time I will break down the real targets, Paolo is definitely priority #1, but some others that haven't even been mentioned. If we land three of these guys we are in the running for the top class in 2021.

Intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Crazy some of the names I am starting to hear. Top 15 talents across board! From guards to bigs. Going to be another amazing class. When I get time I will break down the real targets, Paolo is definitely priority #1, but some others that haven't even been mentioned. If we land three of these guys we are in the running for the top class in 2021.
    Thanks Caldwell, can't wait to see the list.

Hearing things like that makes me drool a bit like one of Pavlov's dogs.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Hearing things like that makes me drool a bit like one of Pavlov's dogs.
    I seem to be hearing bells in the back of my head all the time...

Default Banchero Updates

Paulo "is ‘seriously considering’ a reclassification into the class of 2020.

“There are a lot of benefits to moving up to 2020,” Banchero told USA Today. “The biggest is just that it takes off a year of wear and tear on your body. I’ve had coaches tell me that I could play right now; I don’t know about that, but I know I’ll be ready a year from now. There’s a lot to weigh out; I’m not saying I’m definitely gonna do it. I’m strongly considering it though.”

"Perhaps, giving credence to Banchero’s claim that there are no favorites in his recruitment is that he’s already planning visits to both Duke and Kentucky in the fall, and says he’ll use up all of his official visits this season. Don’t be surprised if some combination of Gonzaga, Kansas, Memphis, North Carolina and Tennessee get Banchero’s remaining three official visits."

https://keepingitheel.com/2019/08/03...sible-reclass/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    "Perhaps, giving credence to Banchero’s claim that there are no favorites in his recruitment is that he’s already planning visits to both Duke and Kentucky in the fall, and says he’ll use up all of his official visits this season. Don’t be surprised if some combination of Gonzaga, Kansas, Memphis, North Carolina and Tennessee get Banchero’s remaining three official visits."
    Should we read anything into him not taking an official visit to UW? Or is that just because he can do unofficial visits there whenever he feels like driving 15 minutes to the north?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Should we read anything into him not taking an official visit to UW? Or is that just because he can do unofficial visits there whenever he feels like driving 15 minutes to the north?
    I don't know where the article is, but I read something where he specifically said that. He grew up there and knows everything about the program already. Honestly, I think he ends up at UW, Duke, or Kentucky. He's not going to stay in state at a none blue blood, unless it's UW.

Gonzaga to meet with 2021 Kennedy Chandler, PG from Tennessee.

Kennedy Chandler does not seem like a guy we’d typically recruit. I’ve heard Paolo tell Jake Weingarten the one player he’s talked about teaming up with is Chandler. Kind of wonder if we’re getting involved because Paolo wants Kennedy to consider us? Feels like they could just go to Kentucky or Tennessee or Memphis unless there’s something special about Gonzaga to one of them. Might be reading too much into this but we don’t usually jump into a recruitment late and try to beat out the blue bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Kennedy Chandler does not seem like a guy we’d typically recruit. I’ve heard Paolo tell Jake Weingarten the one player he’s talked about teaming up with is Chandler. Kind of wonder if we’re getting involved because Paolo wants Kennedy to consider us? Feels like they could just go to Kentucky or Tennessee or Memphis unless there’s something special about Gonzaga to one of them. Might be reading too much into this but we don’t usually jump into a recruitment late and try to beat out the blue bloods.
    There is something to the Paolo/Chandler connection. Keep the name in mind moving forward.

They’ve visiting Tennessee together. To me, if we have a chance, it’s because Paolo really likes us. Or else they’d just go to one of those schools together. Obviously they could end up doing their own thing too. Ultimately I think this visit with Kennedy is a pretty good sign Paolo is very interested. Also, pretty sure UW isn’t in on Kennedy, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    They’ve visiting Tennessee together. To me, if we have a chance, it’s because Paolo really likes us. Or else they’d just go to one of those schools together. Obviously they could end up doing their own thing too. Ultimately I think this visit with Kennedy is a pretty good sign Paolo is very interested. Also, pretty sure UW isn’t in on Kennedy, at least not yet.
    It is a good sign and we are doing some work. There is real interest from Paolo at this point in time.

Jazz I know I know, pass the pipe, but we are in a good spot with Paolo.

It is a good sign and we are doing some work. There is real interest from Paolo at this point in time.

Jazz I know I know, pass the pipe, but we are in a good spot with Paolo.
    I think Jazz might be swallowing some crow right now after he's seen the visits coming to Kraziness.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I think Jazz might be swallowing some crow right now after he's seen the visits coming to Kraziness.
    Not at all, but the mixed metaphors are dizzying.

Not sure where to post this but I thought it was interesting, Tyson Degenhart a local talent from Mount Spokane High School has committed to Boise State. Always cool to see local talent make it to the D1 level.

Good for him (& Leon).
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

It's pretty crazy how recruiting has jumped a level for GU. A year or two ago a consensus top 100 guy like Ben Gregg who wants to be a Zag would have already committed, but now we're keeping an eye on him as almost a backup plan. I hope in the end we have a schollie for him. We need those guys that will be here 3-4 years to bring continuity to the program.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    It's pretty crazy how recruiting has jumped a level for GU. A year or two ago a consensus top 100 guy like Ben Gregg who wants to be a Zag would have already committed, but now we're keeping an eye on him as almost a backup plan. I hope in the end we have a schollie for him. We need those guys that will be here 3-4 years to bring continuity to the program.
    I see what you are saying in terms of who GU is publicly targeting, but has it really jumped a level (so far) in terms of who has committed to attend the University?

Seems like we are (as yet) still basically doing the same - a mix of unknown diamond-in-the-rough international guys (Ballo, Zakharov) and good (but not nationally elite or nationally top-50) PNW kids. (Ravet, Perry, Watson). And accomplished Power-6 grad transfers (Gilder).

With no commitment from Suggs, have we landed a top-40 recruit, a 5* recruit, or a Mcdonalds All-American since Zach Collins?

L, how dare you inject a dose of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    I see what you are saying in terms of who GU is publicly targeting, but has it really jumped a level (so far) in terms of who has committed to attend the University?

Seems like we are (as yet) still basically doing the same - a mix of unknown diamond-in-the-rough international guys (Ballo, Zakharov) and good (but not nationally elite or nationally top-50) PNW kids. (Ravet, Perry, Watson). And accomplished Power-6 grad transfers (Gilder).

With no commitment from Suggs, have we landed a top-40 recruit, a 5* recruit, or a Mcdonalds All-American since Zach Collins?

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post

Timme was rated right about 40, Zakharov was rated top 40 (played in the US last year), Watson was right about 40. I understand what you are saying, but it is a different level of recruit coming in now. It started with Collins and crew and has slowly got better. I fully believe that Suggs will play at Gonzaga, I heard what MileHigh said more than I like to hear it, but I am not buying that. Matter fact I think at Kraziness it will cement Suggs and Gonzaga. Remember Chet and Jalen will be on campus in a few short days, those players are top 10 recruits, just getting them on campus elevates our recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    L, how dare you inject a dose of reality.
    Name off our last 5 Top 100 recruits prior to the recruiting class that is coming in this year or next year? Come on Jazz do some research and bring facts!