Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruits

Guess we’ll see.....but he’s the only “local hidden gem” that could conceivably be a GU target.....of course I assume that Eastern WA is what’s considered “local”.......other 2021 “local” D1 prospects after Degenhart, in no particular order: Landdeck, Pepper, Hicks, Omlin, Gilstrap, Flemming, Skalskiy, Young....not much after that even sniffing any level of D1 imo...

Inside The Kennel

@InsideTheKennel
    27m27 minutes ago
    More
    Gonzaga will have 2021 target @Kaden_Perry20, and his Battle Ground high school teammates @Coach_Melo on campus this week. Check out why the Zags are so high on him (hint..he reminds some of @brandonclarke23)

https://www.hudl.com/profile/10233977/Kaden-Perry

Watched some of his highlights on Hudl and I can definitely see similarities to Brandon Clarke. Looks like a kid who is going to rise a ton in the recruiting rankings in the coming months.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Inside The Kennel

@InsideTheKennel
    27m27 minutes ago
    More
    Gonzaga will have 2021 target @Kaden_Perry20, and his Battle Ground high school teammates @Coach_Melo on campus this week. Check out why the Zags are so high on him (hint..he reminds some of @brandonclarke23)
    Hmm maybe I hinted at him in my earlier post, seems local to me.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    was guessing kaden perry myself...
    I like that guess

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I like that guess
    I thought of Perry as well who I’ve been high on for a while. What about Jabe Mullins from Mt Si?

Perry has committed, according to Scorebook Live's Andy Buhler: https://scorebooklive.com/washington...a-on-the-spot/

Very nice. If we get Suggs and Kessler we are set for the next few years, and dare I say “stacked” on the frontline?

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    Perry has committed, according to Scorebook Live's Andy Buhler: https://scorebooklive.com/washington...a-on-the-spot/
    Ye he did. He was called up to Few's office during the camp and received the offer, he accepted. Great pick up. I had heard this was a very likely scenario last week. Perry is going to be a stud!

Fantastic pickup!! Thanks for all your hard work Caldwell!!

Caldwell, how do you think this commitment by Perry will affect our chances with Holmgren and Gregg?

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Caldwell, how do you think this commitment by Perry will affect our chances with Holmgren and Gregg?
    It won't affect Holmgren at all, Gregg has not performed well in front of our staff

Caldwell, do we have any interest in Jabe Mullins?

Nike Elite 100: Top 10 class of 2021 Performers

Name: Paolo Banchero

Position: Power Forward

247Sports Composite Ranking: No. 5

Recruiting: Washington, Oregon, Kentucky, Gonzaga, UCLA, USC, Memphis and others

While the power forward position continues to evolve, Banchero is actually a bit of a throwback. He is a big forward who plays inside and in the mid-range, and dominates on the glass. While he is a bit old school in his game, that doesn't make his future any less bright or his present any less effective. Banchero was absolutely dominant at times during the camp, and showed why he is one of the most productive players in the class. He has tremendous length, is a good athlete, and really prides himself on rebounding the ball. Add in a nice scoring touch, and there weren't many answers for Banchero at the event.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...5/#133257845_4

Banchero is from O'Dea, with 7 Crystal Ball predictions (100%) for UW.

Unless he wants to get out of town (and some kids do), this seems like a really long shot to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    He has not come up in my conversations with my guys.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Banchero is from O'Dea, with 7 Crystal Ball predictions (100%) for UW.

Unless he wants to get out of town (and some kids do), this seems like a really long shot to me.
    It will be a complete uphill battle, but we are putting the time in... Washington is near a lock, as his mom was a star basketball player there.

I wasn't particularly impressed by Mullins at the state tourney. Good skill level overall, but not very strong or athletic. I've read that he has some high major interest, but I saw him as a midlevel WCC type player- USF or USD type. At 6'5 or 6'6, he can shoot and pass well and handle the ball ok. Looks young and might grow into a stronger, more athletic guy, but at this point I didn't see him as looking like Zag level.

After seeing Mt Si in the semifinal at the state tourney, I posted here that I expected G Prep to blow out Mt Si by 20+ in the final, and that Watson would have a huge game as Mt Si had no one who could contain him. Anton scored I think 33 on something like 16/19 shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I wasn't particularly impressed by Mullins at the state tourney. Good skill level overall, but not very strong or athletic. I've read that he has some high major interest, but I saw him as a midlevel WCC type player- USF or USD type. At 6'5 or 6'6, he can shoot and pass well and handle the ball ok. Looks young and might grow into a stronger, more athletic guy, but at this point I didn't see him as looking like Zag level.

After seeing Mt Si in the semifinal at the state tourney, I posted here that I expected G Prep to blow out Mt Si by 20+ in the final, and that Watson would have a huge game as Mt Si had no one who could contain him. Anton scored I think 33 on something like 16/19 shooting.
    I’ve heard the same but he seems to be blowing up this summer. Think he has 4 PAC 12 offers now.

I’ve heard the same but he seems to be blowing up this summer. Think he has 4 PAC 12 offers now.
    I will ask about him, but honestly 2021 is about getting a big to go along with Perry and a PG to replace Suggs (yep he is one and done, but that one year will be amazing).

Based on everything I’ve seen on Twitter & 247 isn’t Jabe Mullins a 2020 kid anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I will ask about him, but honestly 2021 is about getting a big to go along with Perry and a PG to replace Suggs (yep he is one and done, but that one year will be amazing).
    Big Option 1 - Chet Holmgren to keep the Minnesota pipeline flowing

His shooting would match him nicely with Perry, and the two would be an insane defensive duo down low.

I'm hoping we don't hear much about Big Option 2 or Big Option 3, because that might mean Big Option 1 is drifting away.

Chet said he'd visit Spokane. Hopefully he's one of the guys that comes for Kraziness in the Kennel. Jalen has a football game the night of October 4, but maybe he'd come out for October 5 and 6 with Chet, Julian, Dom, etc?

Paolo (Paul-Oh) Paolo Banchero

@Pp_doesit
    14h14 hours ago
    More
    Blessed and grateful to be offered by Coach Few and Gonzaga University! #ZagUp �� ⬆️

https://247sports.com/Player/Paolo-Banchero-46055770/

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Paolo (Paul-Oh) Paolo Banchero

@Pp_doesit
    14h14 hours ago
    More
    Blessed and grateful to be offered by Coach Few and Gonzaga University! #ZagUp �� ⬆️

https://247sports.com/Player/Paolo-Banchero-46055770/
    Oh I am loving this
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Oh I am loving this
    Some heavy hitters involved! Love his game.
    America's Team!