Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 105

Thread: 2021 Recruits

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Do the Zags recruit anyone shorter that 6'8" anymore?
    Dom Harris and Brock Ravet, but that's about it.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    Mark Miller


    @WisBBYearbook
    13m13 minutes ago
    More
    Coaches from Wisconsin, Michigan, Gonzaga, Texas Tech, Temple and Valparaiso among those who plan to watch 2021 PG Cam Palesse (6-4) of Waukesha West and @WisconsinPGC in Kansas City this weekend.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbdiJbMvFkY

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Names are going to start coming up like crazy, just another one to watch...

    https://twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/st...30422609088516

  4. #79

    Default

    5 kids from WA/OR on the ESPN 2021 Top 60 just released:

    6) Paolo Banchero - Seattle/O’Dea
    13) Nathan Bittle - OR/Crater
    30) Ben Gregg - OR/Columbia Christian
    40) Shane Nowell - Seattle/E. Catholic but site says Garfield now
    47) John Christofilis - Seattle/O’Dea


    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...s/_/class/2021

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoko13 View Post
    5 kids from WA/OR on the ESPN 2021 Top 60 just released:

    6) Paolo Banchero - Seattle/O’Dea
    13) Nathan Bittle - OR/Crater
    30) Ben Gregg - OR/Columbia Christian
    40) Shane Nowell - Seattle/E. Catholic but site says Garfield now
    47) John Christofilis - Seattle/O’Dea


    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...s/_/class/2021
    Interesting to see Gregg rated that high. He is good and he is definitely a GU target (I said it back a few months when we offer I full expect him to commit), but didn't think he would be top 30.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Jake has good sources, as I can confirm this as well...

    https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...86327683002368

  7. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Interesting to see Gregg rated that high. He is good and he is definitely a GU target (I said it back a few months when we offer I full expect him to commit), but didn't think he would be top 30.
    Gregg is a stud. I hope GU offers him soon!

  8. #83

    Default

    Who have we currently offered or are looking at in the top 100?

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,862

    Default

    Chet Holmgren at #17

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Who have we currently offered or are looking at in the top 100?
    From what I have been told Chet is the only 2021 offer we have put out there. I would expect Gregg receives an offer this spring and Bittle.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    Jake

    Verified account

    @jakeweingarten
    Following Following @jakeweingarten
    More
    Five-star sophomore Harrison Ingram had a packed house tonight: Stanford’s Jerod Haase, UNC, Memphis, Kansas, Michigan State, Michigan, Texas, Gonzaga, Purdue, Baylor, among many others.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jake

    Verified account

    @jakeweingarten
    Following Following @jakeweingarten
    More
    Five-star sophomore Harrison Ingram had a packed house tonight: Stanford’s Jerod Haase, UNC, Memphis, Kansas, Michigan State, Michigan, Texas, Gonzaga, Purdue, Baylor, among many others.
    If Few is in Minneapolis, I wonder who's down in Texas?
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    If Few is in Minneapolis, I wonder who's down in Texas?
    My guess is porter. Former SEC assistant
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    Coach AM Fobb


    @warlock7506
    Follow Follow @warlock7506
    More
    Ben Gregg has Gonzaga entire staff watching him vs JL3 he is not disappointing

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    "Four-star power forward Jackson Grant of Washington Supreme and class of 2021 just earned his first college offer from Pepperdine on Thursday.

    I predict that the Pac 12 will be following in short order. At least if what he did on Friday night is any indication of what to expect as he sparkled in a 18 point, 11 rebound effort.

    Jackson is a lean and mobile big man with great hands, soft touch and good athleticism. Looking ahead he projects as capable of playing the four or the five in college. He should be able to stretch floors and will undoubtedly bulk up.

    Washington was in to see him during the week and Stanford, Colorado and UCLA have been involved. Grant said that he hadn't yet heard from Gonzaga but considering he plays with the son of a Zags assistant and that Mark Few kept looking over from another court, I'd expect them to get involved as well. Big upside with Grant."


    https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....s-friday-takes

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    7,657

    Default

    Jackson Grant


    @jpgrant12
    14h14 hours ago
    More
    Blessed and excited to have received an offer from the University of Washington

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    If Few is in Minneapolis, I wonder who's down in Texas?


    Mark and Tommy are in Kansas City today checking out some of the talent out there. Jalen Suggs is playing in the UAA under 17s a few hours ago.

  18. #93

    Default

    PAC-12 starting in on Bittle too now with UCLA offering this weekend (saw on Instagram). Not sure if UO or OSU have offered yet but wouldn’t be surprised.

    Would love to see GU go in hard on him, Gregg and Holmgren!!

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Bittle is a shoo in for Oregon.

  20. #95

    Default

    Kaden Perry - 6’9” PF Battle Ground HS/ Rose City EYBL just offered by UW per Twitter

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    El Gorah, Egypt
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Chet Holmgren is blowing up on the UAA circuit. He'll move up from his already high ranking.
    http://uaa.io/stats.aspx?path=17u&year=2019

    8th in Scoring
    2nd in Rebounding
    1st in Blocked Shots (at 5.7 blks/game, that's 4 blks/game ahead of #2)

  22. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azzagfan View Post
    Chet Holmgren is blowing up on the UAA circuit. He'll move up from his already high ranking.
    http://uaa.io/stats.aspx?path=17u&year=2019

    8th in Scoring
    2nd in Rebounding
    1st in Blocked Shots (at 5.7 blks/game, that's 4 blks/game ahead of #2)
    if he ever gets some meat on those bones, he'll be unstoppable...

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Posts
    1,030

    Default Why aren't we on Jaden Hardy?

    Jaden Hardy -- as a 6'4" shooting guard -- is ranked by Rivals as #6 in his class. He lives in the western US (Las Vegas), and already has 14 offers, most from power schools -- but no offer from GU. Jaden is currently thought to be a UNLV lean. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...hool-interests

    What makes our apparent lack of interest in Jaden more curious is the fact that Jaden plays AAU ball with Vegas Elite -- Julian's AAU team. This leads me to think that our coaches have seen what Jaden has been able to accomplish -- even as a sophomore. https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/...ferrer=4907868

    I can make any number of guesses as to why we apparently haven't gotten into the mix, but if someone out there has some actual info, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Jaden Hardy -- as a 6'4" shooting guard -- is ranked by Rivals as #6 in his class. He lives in the western US (Las Vegas), and already has 14 offers, most from power schools -- but no offer from GU. Jaden is currently thought to be a UNLV lean. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...hool-interests

    What makes our apparent lack of interest in Jaden more curious is the fact that Jaden plays AAU ball with Vegas Elite -- Julian's AAU team. This leads me to think that our coaches have seen what Jaden has been able to accomplish -- even as a sophomore. https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/...ferrer=4907868

    I can make any number of guesses as to why we apparently haven't gotten into the mix, but if someone out there has some actual info, I'd appreciate hearing about it.
    Remember we have only one offer for 2021 out and that is to Chet. Don't be shocked if we get more involved here in the near future. Dom Harris is a rare early offer and commit for us, we do a ton of evaluating of kids before offering.

  25. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Remember we have only one offer for 2021 out and that is to Chet. Don't be shocked if we get more involved here in the near future. Dom Harris is a rare early offer and commit for us, we do a ton of evaluating of kids before offering.
    This! As we start to compete further and further with the big boys for recruits, it can’t be stressed enough to recruits that we are not out there simply handing out offers to every good recruit we see play. As the mystique and intrigue of Gonzaga basketball continues to grow, so does the value of our offers. Our staff does a great job of further emphasizing this but doing their homework before offering and making sure the recruit understands that they are truly wanted (and not just another Gonzaga offerree).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •