Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruits

I have ZERO idea on him, so I do not mean this to mean him in this case, but you have to remember GU recruits on character as well as talent. There may be myriads of different reasons why we are not on any kid on any given day, even the top ranked ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    I have ZERO idea on him, so I do not mean this to mean him in this case, but you have to remember GU recruits on character as well as talent. There may be myriads of different reasons why we are not on any kid on any given day, even the top ranked ones.
    Emac got kicked outta 2 different schools. Just sayin'

and for all we know excelled as a player and a person at GU. The ole we know about 5% of what actually happens with recruiting is always relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Emac got kicked outta 2 different schools. Just sayin'

One school (Vanderbilt).

His first coach, who was fired by Tulsa prompting Eric's transfer, actually helped convince Few to bring him to Gonzaga.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ated-to-excel/

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    One school (Vanderbilt).

His first coach, who was fired by Tulsa prompting Eric's transfer, actually helped convince Few to bring him to Gonzaga.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...ated-to-excel/
    Ah, ok. I thought that it was two. Still, shows that not everyone that comes to GU is squeaky clean, and that's ok, as long as the learn, grow and mature.

Ryan Silver

@RyanSilver1
    47m47 minutes ago
    More
    Congrats to 2021 Nathan Bittle Crater OR "The Alligator" who is in Final 13 at USA Basketball. Very proud of Nathan. #WestCoastElite #wceua #ALLIN

Oh July is going to be a blast!!! The 2021 recruits we are on are some of the highest rated recruits we have ever been on at GU. Maybe the lowest rates recruit out of all of them is the one we are highest on because he is a local hidden gem. Start throwing out wild guess about who all we are on. More to come in the coming days!!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Oh July is going to be a blast!!! The 2021 recruits we are on are some of the highest rated recruits we have ever been on at GU. Maybe the lowest rates recruit out of all of them is the one we are highest on because he is a local hidden gem. Start throwing out wild guess about who all we are on. More to come in the coming days!!
    OK, I'll take a crack, based on top-25 247 Sports rankings, rumors we've already heard, and schools we've gotten players from in the past:

JT Thor from Huntington Prep: https://247sports.com/Player/JT-Thor-46057216/
    Suggs' teammate Chet Holgren: https://247sports.com/Player/Chet-Holmgren-46057349/
    Nathan Bittle from OR: https://247sports.com/Player/Nathan-Bittle-46057583/
    Keon Edwards from Findlay Prep: https://247sports.com/Player/Keon-Edwards-46057019/

Any of those look promising?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Ball View Post
    OK, I'll take a crack, based on top-25 247 Sports rankings, rumors we've already heard, and schools we've gotten players from in the past:

JT Thor from Huntington Prep: https://247sports.com/Player/JT-Thor-46057216/
    Suggs' teammate Chet Holgren: https://247sports.com/Player/Chet-Holmgren-46057349/
    Nathan Bittle from OR: https://247sports.com/Player/Nathan-Bittle-46057583/
    Keon Edwards from Findlay Prep: https://247sports.com/Player/Keon-Edwards-46057019/

Any of those look promising?
    Definitely on two.

Definitely on two.
    Once Suggs commits we should be in a really good spot to land Holmgren.

You dirty dog.

Is Ben Gregg "local"?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Is Ben Gregg "local"?
    He is but don't count on him as of right now. He will need to have a huge summer.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    You dirty dog.
    �� Let's have some fun on here!!

The Powell factor is going to be big in 2021!

Is Ben Gregg "local"?
    I know Ben Gregg visited with Kaden Perry for a game last year. I think Perry is from Battle Ground and has an offer from UW.

He is but don't count on him as of right now. He will need to have a huge summer.
    Does this imply that he needs to have a huge summer to be worth us giving him a scholarship instead of someone else? If so, that is a tremendous sign of things to come.

Fans are going to have to get used to waiting on the "bird in the hand" players as we start to land players that will choose us over the blue bloods. I love how we aren't giving up on a guy like Chet Holmgren just because every blue blood wants him as bad as we do. We have something special to offer!!

Does this imply that he needs to have a huge summer to be worth us giving him a scholarship instead of someone else? If so, that is a tremendous sign of things to come.

Fans are going to have to get used to waiting on the "bird in the hand" players as we start to land players that will choose us over the blue bloods. I love how we aren't giving up on a guy like Chet Holmgren just because every blue blood wants him as bad as we do. We have something special to offer!!
    Does this make us a purple-blood?

Default Walker Kessler?

Any chance you are referring to five-star center Walker Kessler?

"[T]he 7-footer out of Fairburn (Ga.) Woodward Academy ... has tremendous touch for a guy his size, and he showed that knocking down all four of his three-point attempts, plus a 15-foot jumper [in a recent tournament]. Kessler said he spent a lot of time working on his stroke while out with an ankle injury in the spring. “When I hurt my ankle I was literally sitting in a chair for three weeks shooting a shot, getting my form right so my shot feels really good right now,” Kessler said. ... Kessler is light on his feet and moves quite well, especially when you factor in his size. He was active in the paint and didn’t allow any free looks around the rim.

On Saturday, assistant coaches from Auburn and Michigan watched him play. They are two of the five schools that are heavily involved in his recruitment. “Right now, I think I got a top five or top six,” Kessler said. “It’s more of schools that I feel like are heavily recruiting me: Michigan, Gonzaga, Auburn, Duke, UNC, I think that’s it.” Of his list of five, Kessler has taken official visits to Auburn, Duke and Michigan. His most recent visit was to Auburn the weekend of June 1st.

One of the next steps in his recruiting process is setting up fall official visits, and Kessler is planning to visit all five of the schools on his list. “I’m going to take one to Gonzaga but I haven’t scheduled it yet but sometime soon,” Kessler said. “I’m going to take another one to Michigan to see the new coaching staff. I really like Coach [Juwan] Howard and the program there. Then I’m going to take another one to Duke and then to UNC. Auburn I will probably take an unofficial because it’s so close to home.”

What sticks out about the remaining three on his list? Gonzaga: “With Gonzaga you have four or five big men that fit the bill at my place, a stretch big that can shoot the three and spread the floor and that’s really appealing.”

... In terms of a decision timeline, Kessler doesn’t have a specific date but is tracking towards a decision near signing day. Kessler currently ranks as the No. 15 overall prospect and No. 4 center in the 247Sports Composite Rankings."

https://247sports.com/college/basket...tar-133116087/
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Quote Originally Posted by SLOZag View Post
    Any chance you are referring to five-star center Walker Kessler?

"[T]he 7-footer out of Fairburn (Ga.) Woodward Academy ... has tremendous touch for a guy his size, and he showed that knocking down all four of his three-point attempts, plus a 15-foot jumper [in a recent tournament]. Kessler said he spent a lot of time working on his stroke while out with an ankle injury in the spring. “When I hurt my ankle I was literally sitting in a chair for three weeks shooting a shot, getting my form right so my shot feels really good right now,” Kessler said. ... Kessler is light on his feet and moves quite well, especially when you factor in his size. He was active in the paint and didn’t allow any free looks around the rim.

On Saturday, assistant coaches from Auburn and Michigan watched him play. They are two of the five schools that are heavily involved in his recruitment. “Right now, I think I got a top five or top six,” Kessler said. “It’s more of schools that I feel like are heavily recruiting me: Michigan, Gonzaga, Auburn, Duke, UNC, I think that’s it.” Of his list of five, Kessler has taken official visits to Auburn, Duke and Michigan. His most recent visit was to Auburn the weekend of June 1st.

One of the next steps in his recruiting process is setting up fall official visits, and Kessler is planning to visit all five of the schools on his list. “I’m going to take one to Gonzaga but I haven’t scheduled it yet but sometime soon,” Kessler said. “I’m going to take another one to Michigan to see the new coaching staff. I really like Coach [Juwan] Howard and the program there. Then I’m going to take another one to Duke and then to UNC. Auburn I will probably take an unofficial because it’s so close to home.”

What sticks out about the remaining three on his list? Gonzaga: “With Gonzaga you have four or five big men that fit the bill at my place, a stretch big that can shoot the three and spread the floor and that’s really appealing.”

... In terms of a decision timeline, Kessler doesn’t have a specific date but is tracking towards a decision near signing day. Kessler currently ranks as the No. 15 overall prospect and No. 4 center in the 247Sports Composite Rankings."

https://247sports.com/college/basket...tar-133116087/
    Walker is a 2020 recruit and we are hard on him and I will make a bold statement right now I think he is part of our 2020 class.

Possibly another GSL product..

Quote Originally Posted by ccpinky View Post
    was guessing kaden perry myself...

Quote Originally Posted by ccpinky View Post
    Tyson Degenhart from Mt. Spokane?
    Welcome to Zagdom

If it is Degengart there’s not a player Few has seen more of over the last 6 years. Tyson is a winner and just plays the game the right way. He’s not going to blow you away athletically but I would love to see him land at GU!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoko13 View Post
    If it is Degengart there’s not a player Few has seen more of over the last 6 years. Tyson is a winner and just plays the game the right way. He’s not going to blow you away athletically but I would love to see him land at GU!
    I don’t see this happening unless it’s as a preferred walk-on. Nice player but not GU level.