Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recruits

https://twitter.com/MattReynolds___/...42299133399046

I know we're having more luck with the top 50 guys these days, but does anyone else think this kid could be a great fit at GU? I get real Kevin Pangos vibes watching his highlights. Shoots, passes, gets to the rim, hard nosed defensive, very good athlete, feel for the game off the charts

He's got the look of a four year guy who ends up at a school like Virginia or Villanova and is a household name by the time he's an upperclassman. I hope we get on him soon.

Programs off to a strong start on the recruiting trail

Commitment: Kaden Perry (67)

Gonzaga struck early in 2021 with a commitment from Perry, who has an eerily similar game to former Gonzaga post and Memphis Grizzlies rookie Brandon Clarke.

There are still plenty of options on the board for the Zags and it’s well known that this is a program that can land a high level international prospect seemingly whenever it wants.

Domestically, Gonzaga’s long list of legitimate 2021 options includes Top 5 in-state post Paolo Banchero, Top 5 center Chet Holmgren, Top 10 forward Peyton Watson, Top 10 2022 forward and potential reclass Caleb Houstan, Top 10 center Nate Bittle and Top 25 combo guard Hunter Sallis.
    https://247sports.com/college/basket...6/#149133976_8

Pretty wild to think we're in legitimate contention for three of the ESPN 2021 Top-10

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...021/order/true
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

4 of the top 10 right? Holmgren, Banchero, Bittle, Houstan (now that he is 2021)?

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    4 of the top 10 right? Holmgren, Banchero, Bittle, Houstan (now that he is 2021)?
    I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Either way, the future is bright!

Bittle to announce final four schools on Friday: https://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...on-friday.html

Wade, Ravet 2.0. No thanks.

I'd be surprised if he left Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I didn't know that either one of those guys were 7' tall. I would gladly take a 7'er that can shoot the ball. Think Kyle Wiltjer, he did ok here. I would love to have Bittle here. That is a good way to land the #9 recruit in the country by comparing him to those 2. I am glad that you are not doing the Zag rectuiting.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post

But if this is a troll Jazz I give you

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post

https://twitter.com/MattReynolds___/...42299133399046

I know we're having more luck with the top 50 guys these days, but does anyone else think this kid could be a great fit at GU? I get real Kevin Pangos vibes watching his highlights. Shoots, passes, gets to the rim, hard nosed defensive, very good athlete, feel for the game off the charts

He's got the look of a four year guy who ends up at a school like Virginia or Villanova and is a household name by the time he's an upperclassman. I hope we get on him soon.
    I enjoyed watching that. Thanks for posting.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruitin...ports_olive_sf

Sounds like Ben Gregg has given up hope for the GU offer. Seems crazy that just a couple years ago this guy would have been on the top of the Zags list, now we are in the running for top 10 guys at his position. He'll end up somewhere good, wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    If we are hopeful that we get Holmgren it would mean that Bittle wouldn't really fit along side him would he?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I didn't know that either one of those guys were 7' tall. I would gladly take a 7'er that can shoot the ball. Think Kyle Wiltjer, he did ok here. I would love to have Bittle here. That is a good way to land the #9 recruit in the country by comparing him to those 2. I am glad that you are not doing the Zag rectuiting.
    Aren’t we talking about Sean Pedulla?

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    If we are hopeful that we get Holmgren it would mean that Bittle wouldn't really fit along side him would he?
    Why not ? A front line of Ballo, Holmgren, and Bittle, play zone shut down the middle, and just let the other team try to stop us. Just think if we throw in Paulo, and bring Bittle off the bench.

Why would you be talking about Padulla, when we have a lot bigger fish that we are after. Would you rather have this guy than the other guards that we are after ? I wouldn't.

Why not ? A front line of Ballo, Holmgren, and Bittle, play zone shut down the middle, and just let the other team try to stop us. Just think if we throw in Paulo, and bring Bittle off the bench.
    You think Timme and Anton leave after this year? I don’t.

Oh and Kaden Perry.

Why would you be talking about Padulla, when we have a lot bigger fish that we are after. Would you rather have this guy than the other guards that we are after ? I wouldn't.
    Responding to Worthington’s post. Keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    You think Timme and Anton leave after this year? I don’t.

Oh and Kaden Perry.
    I think Timme has an outside chance but probably returns. Watson OTOH I could definitely see going.

Either way, lots of basketball to be played to find out. (God willing)

I’m thinking we’ll see a few guys go pro after this season, especially if the Zags do major damage in the tournament. Zags will need some of the talented players they are recruiting to jump on board.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bengregg2...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Hey we made Ben Gregg's final 17!

https://mobile.twitter.com/bengregg2...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

According to Ben Gregg's twitter he now has an offer from GU.

Gregg is interesting. Timeline on him:

Seemingly wants to be a Zag his entire recruitment. Has called GU his dream school. Doesn’t get Gonzaga offer.
    Says he’s no longer considering Gonzaga after not getting an offer. Sets commitment date.
    Receives Gonzaga offer (after Zags miss out on Paolo)