• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IowaSERE
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Yikes, that's a painful recruitment to bring up. I guess maybe Gonzaga and Arizona's roles are reversed this time.
    That's my thinking.

Comment

• Treycrew
      Redshirt
      • Apr 2020

Can’t wait for Wednesday. I never thought we would get Banchero, I still doubt we get Holmgren. I thought we had a shot at Hickman but things change. That being said my dream class is Sallis, Houstan, Perry, Gregg, and Bittle. That group offers us everything in terms of talent and skill. Throw in Nembhard and we have our best class ever by far. I also hope we get Gavin Galstrip to be a pwo or potential 5 for 4 developmental big. I think Ben Gregg is underrated and hope we didn’t offer too late. I view him as a catalyst of our class and thus our future final four runs.

Comment

• Irish_eliZAG
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Aug 2018

From twitter: 2021 4�� Ben Gregg (@bengregg20) has picked up a futurecast prediction for @ZagMBB via @Rivals. Gregg is set to announce his college decision on Wednesday. #GoZags

Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Comment

• OntZags
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Treycrew View Post
          Can’t wait for Wednesday. I never thought we would get Banchero, I still doubt we get Holmgren. I thought we had a shot at Hickman but things change. That being said my dream class is Sallis, Houstan, Perry, Gregg, and Bittle. That group offers us everything in terms of talent and skill. Throw in Nembhard and we have our best class ever by far. I also hope we get Gavin Galstrip to be a pwo or potential 5 for 4 developmental big. I think Ben Gregg is underrated and hope we didn’t offer too late. I view him as a catalyst of our class and thus our future final four runs.
          That'd be a hell of a class but I just see too much overlap in skill/positions to realistically get all 5. The team will still have strong returning guys and only so many minutes to go around. I'd be thrilled with Perry/Gregg/Sallis & one of Holmgren/Houstan/Bittle.

Also agree on Holmgren. I'd absolutely love him but his interviews and his expectations of minutes, I'm not sure GU can guarantee what he'd want. And as much pro upside as he has, I'm not convinced he'll be physically mature enough to dominate enough in his likely 1 & done season to equal the overall contributions of a multi-year guy like Gregg.
          Last edited by OntZags; 09-07-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• zagfan08
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OntZags View Post
            That'd be a hell of a class but I just see too much overlap in skill/positions to realistically get all 5. The team will still have strong returning guys and only so many minutes to go around. I'd be thrilled with Perry/Gregg/Sallis & one of Holmgren/Houstan/Bittle.

Also agree on Holmgren. I'd absolutely love him but his interviews and his expectations of minutes, I'm not sure GU can guarantee what he'd want. And as much pro upside as he has, I'm not convinced he'll be physically mature enough to dominate enough in his likely 1 & done season to equal the overall contributions of a multi-year guy like Gregg.
            Holmgren would play as much as he wanted here if he commits. Not gonna be an issue.

Sounding good on Gregg. The late crystal balls ahead of a set commitment date are usually pretty telling.

Comment

• strikenowhere
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
              Holmgren would play as much as he wanted here if he commits. Not gonna be an issue.

Sounding good on Gregg. The late crystal balls ahead of a set commitment date are usually pretty telling.
              Yeah Holmgren seems to be the type of player you make accommodations for.

Comment

• OntZags
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
                He'd absolutely be in the rotation but he's not gonna play 'as much as he wants'. Lots of uncertainty with who will actually be back next season but he's certain to have stiff competition for both minutes & touches. Of course GU can sell the fact that Collins never started a game and went in the lottery and NBA scouts are far more concerned with efficiency stats than counting stats and care more about how well you operate within a team structure alongside other talented players.

My concern is other programs will be willing to hand him the keys to the castle & as many minutes and touches he want, something that has never been (nor do I see changing, even for Chet) Few's MO. We shall see, I suppose.

Yep. AZ insider posted even before the CB's that Gregg is Zagabound. Good sign. He also has Bittle going to Oregon which has seemed pretty likely for a while now.

Perry & Gregg is a great start to the class.

Comment

• zagnut2012
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Dec 2009

Not sure I have heard of this site...found it on a Google search of Ben Gregg. Rivals.com (Corey Evans) "Expert" predicts it is GU...(Correction...All 3 Experts at Rivals.com say Gonzaga)

Last edited by zagnut2012; 09-08-2020, 09:03 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

• scrooner
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Notable quotes:

“Spokane, that’s where I grew up and that’s where my family lives too,” said Gregg

“Arizona, I’ve talked to one of their coaches every day,” Gregg said. “We’ve built a really good relationship. Sean Miller calls me two-to-three times a week. If I go there, I’ll have a really good chance of turning professional. That’s big for me—what I will do after my three-to-four years in college.”

Comment

• Section 116
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Gregg: https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basket...te-predictions

Comment

• Birddog
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I wish GU would take a look at this local (to me ) kid who blew up this past summer. He comes from a Super Catholic family and is one of 12 kids.
                        #1 in Black. Does he remind you any past Zag?
                        The Viral Youtube Sensation Sean Pedulla Buddy Buckets is back vs Blake Griffins Team! In a crazy overtime thrills featuring KJ Adams, Daimion Collins and mo...
                        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                        All mimsy were the borogoves,
                        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• ZagZombie
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                          I wish GU would take a look at this local (to me ) kid who blew up this past summer. He comes from a Super Catholic family and is one of 12 kids.
                          #1 in Black. Does he remind you any past Zag?
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZizfdJi4f4
                          Reminds me of Jesse Wade

Comment

Working...
                          X