Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738 LastLast

Thread: transfer thread, take three

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Geno Crandall would be the perfect piece to complete the greatest team the Zags have ever had, and visits this weekend for Hoopsfest. He would help us win more this year than BWill or Cremo would have, and would give us an argument as the team to beat for a title. Oh, and reading the Twitter tea leaves has me convinced he’s coming.
    I posted this 10 days ago.

Celebration! Party!

Despite the lack of hints on this board, there were hints on Twitter that he was coming. From Geno himself. And I couldn't be more pumped!

Great to have another Minnesota native wearing a Zags uniform.

As far as the negative poster, this thread officially proved he has zero insight or credibility. He has tried to suck the optimism out of being a top 5 team in the nation pre-Geno, and I'm sure he'll be posting in the future about negativity despite being the #1 team in the nation in my opinion. I've said "bye, bye" to him with a simple block, and would advise others to do the same so we can get full enjoyment out of what is going to be the best season in Zags history.

I'm sure he'll have something to say to all of us happy campers, but will I care? Will I even see the post?

Not this time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Geno tagged Instagram photo "Keep family close"....if he picks Zags sure sending mixed signals
    some on Gopher board pointing this out after decision

1) Best of luck to you Geno. Clearly being on a potential top 5 team (regardless of playing time) was what sold you on Gonzaga. However, if you claim that Minnesota was your favorite team growing up, why post a picture of you hanging out with Gopher players the day before a decision, and then choose another team? Do you want that same fanbase you claimed to be apart of growing up to hate you? What is up with players and their social media these days? Geno clearly was enjoying red carpet presentations, but that was completely unnecessary.
    http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boa...randall/page40

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    some on Gopher board pointing this out after decision

Other Gopher posters said they were Geno’s friends and perhaps he let them know of his decision yesterday. If they weren’t disappointed at losing out on Geno, I’d wonder why.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Meehan: Jim Meehan

@SRJimm
    1h1 hour ago
    More Jim Meehan Retweeted G-Muhneyy
    North Dakota grad transfer Geno Crandall joining Zags. Huge pickup for preseason top 10 team.
    Every year Mark Few loses guys that you never heard of before they became a Zag and replaces them with guys you never heard of before they became a Zag. Jimmy Dykes-Maui Classic 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Other Gopher posters said they were Geno’s friends and perhaps he let them know of his decision yesterday. If they weren’t disappointed at losing out on Geno, I’d wonder why.
    I hear what you're saying but when fan bases are monitoring social for hints....the nuance gets lost in translation IMO

Ecstatic to be plain wrong on this one.

GoZags informing gopherhole nation after some disparaging remarks aimed at WCC....looks like easy decision on paper

I joined gopherhole.com back when it looked like Dan Monson "might" move to Minnesota (and don't post here all that often). Here's a couple of stats (that don't involve the WCC).

Schools with multiple NBA lottery picks over the last 3 seasons .... Duke, Kentucky, Arizona, Michigan State, Gonzaga, Washington

Schools that have danced the past 20+ seasons in a row ... Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, Gonzaga

Schools that have won at least one game in the dance the past 9 seasons ... Kansas, Gonzaga

Schools that have appeared in the Sweet 16 (or beyond) the past 4 seasons ... Gonzaga

Schools with 13+ NCAA tournament wins over the past 4 seasons ... North Carolina, Gonzaga

Here are the 6 guys that have earned the "Bill Walton Double/Double" the past 20 years (Top 5 All American and Top 5 Academic All American the same year ... Walton did it 3 times)
    Shane Battier (Duke) Emeka Okafor (UConn) DJ Augustine (Texas) Dan Dickau (Gonzaga) Kelly Olynyk (Gonzaga) Nigel Williams-Goss (Gonzaga)

one response was

Add this one:

NCAA Tournament wins since 2000. ... Gonzaga 28, Gophers 1
    Last edited by Zagceo; 07-05-2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added response from gopherhole

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Me too!!!

I am glad he chose to share his moments of past glories of possibly playing for the NC vs just playing in the B10...

Welcome to the family!

If I remember, you had it at 80-90% that Clarke would go to Oregon. (At the same time that Matt Prehm of Duckterritory was calling him to the Zags). Might have something to do with mindset.

Here's the dagger in the argument from on of their own: "NCAA Tournament wins since 2000. ... Gonzaga 28, Gophers 1."

GoZags made a spectacular series of points why Geno MAY have wanted to chose GU. For me, the above quote was the killer. Even I didn't know that. It's pretty devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    If I remember, you had it at 80-90% that Clarke would go to Oregon. (At the same time that Matt Prehm of Duckterritory was calling him to the Zags). Might have something to do with mindset.
    Call it lack of conviction.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Here's the dagger in the argument from on of their own: "NCAA Tournament wins since 2000. ... Gonzaga 28, Gophers 1."

GoZags made a spectacular series of points why Geno MAY have wanted to chose GU. For me, the above quote was the killer. Even I didn't know that. It's pretty devastating.
    And that didn't count the 3 tourney wins in the '99 Elite 8 run (including the opening round victory over the Golden Gophers)

Call it lack of conviction.
    it's not just that, though... it was conviction the wrong way. a lack of conviction is perfectly reasonable. but playing it all the way on the other side of the spectrum is just as silly, ridiculous, and unreasoned as the pollyannas. it's the same formula and has the same issues-- it's just delivered with a big, smug frown instead of a big, smug smile.

at least that's the way i read it, generally.

Geno chose the best program/team
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Me too.

Now, I want a Final 4! To be continued...

So ... do we officially put this threshold to sleep this season?

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    That's the way I feel, too. Regardless, the Zags will be fine. And I'm still expecting an "August" surprise whether or Geno becomes a Zag or doesn't.
    expecting more ...stay tuned

Zane Martin just committed to UNM if anyone is still curious where he would end up: https://twitter.com/ZaneMartin_0/sta...15339780362240

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Zane Martin just committed to UNM if anyone is still curious where he would end up: https://twitter.com/ZaneMartin_0/sta...15339780362240
    Interesting. I thought he was a lock for Seton Hall.

Source: Kansas transfer Sam Cunliffe commits to Evansville

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ille-120679073

Here is a name of a JUCO player that I found surfing Twitter today. I had never heard of him or a connection, but this is from his JUCO.

https://twitter.com/EasternFLMBB/sta...03680377237510

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Source: Kansas transfer Sam Cunliffe commits to Evansville

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ille-120679073
    My brother has long referred to him as Gunliffe. Evansville must have promised him 20 shots a game.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Here is a name of a JUCO player that I found surfing Twitter today. I had never heard of him or a connection, but this is from his JUCO.

https://twitter.com/EasternFLMBB/sta...03680377237510
    He should have at minimum of two years of eligibility IF he had not played at any four year school...he might well have three years remaining...

Interesting how GU might be interested in this young man...

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    I sure like his jumper and moves really well without the ball too! If Snacks leaves after this season then he could be an excellent fill-in...

Just two questions: (1) How are his academics and (2) can he play defence?