Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: transfer thread, take three

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    so, i'm on the record as saying that i think people are reading WAY too much into the lyrics of the song, including listing the reasons why. i am curious, do you have some knowledge or an argument in support of your interpretation? or is it just basically: "hey, there are words here, they MUST be meaningful"? it's an honest question; i can't tell whether your post is real insight or just another poster -- though admittedly a connected one -- falling into the same trap (my interpretation, obviously).
    +1

Souley Boum transferring from USF according to Jeff Goodman. He looked like a future star for the Dons, sorry to see him go.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/stat...490629632?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Souley Boum transferring from USF according to Jeff Goodman. He looked like a future star for the Dons, sorry to see him go.

Yeah, he's a good one, was bay area player of the year his senior year. He's just a little undersized.

Anybody know where he’s going?

ETA: tried to find info on this and came across his biometrics... 6’3” 145 lbs(!) I knew he was skinny, but yikes

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Anybody know where he’s going?

ETA: tried to find info on this and came across his biometrics... 6’3” 145 lbs(!) I knew he was skinny, but yikes
    yeah, there's no way he's 6'3, not sure where you got that from. he's maybe 5'10, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    yeah, there's no way he's 6'3, not sure where you got that from. he's maybe 5'10, maybe.
    I didn’t pull it out of my ass, but these guys might have:

https://247sports.com/player/souley-boum-46045193

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...ey-boum-1.html

Very good player. Smallish to be sure. WCC is diminished by this loss.....and surely USF is.

Was a starter early in the year & had some good games. Good Luck to him.
    "but I did not shoot the deputy...."

Starter on my WCC all time great names team.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    yeah, that's gotta be a typo. I remember in one of the games the announcers specifically mentioned that he was Bay Area player of the year but a lot of schools passed on him due to his height. I believe the announcers said he was 5'10, but regardless, he's a baller.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    yeah, that's gotta be a typo. I remember in one of the games the announcers specifically mentioned that he was Bay Area player of the year but a lot of schools passed on him due to his height. I believe the announcers said he was 5'10, but regardless, he's a baller.
    USF site lists him as 6'3 as well. So that would make 3 typos. Of course nobody listed as 6'3 really is, but I think you are confusing his skinny build w/ his height. Probably a legit 6'1 or 6'2.

I gotta say, people are really under-rating Cremo.

The kid is a career 42% 3pt shooter, shot nearly 46% from 3pt last year. Those are Pangos #'s.

Averaged 4 assists as well, all the while being the NUMBER ONE option on his team. He scored 20+ pts vs several high level teams, and played significant minutes since he was a freshman.

He didn't shoot THAT many 3's either, thus many of his points are/were coming in the paint, or mid-range shots. All things current Zag guards don't do, save Norvell.

Some may be underwhelmed by his first step, yet once he's in the lane, he's a decisive, confident, and crafty scorer, along with passer. He rarely got his shot blocked, and converted his TWO POINT attempts at 46%. Tremendous for a lead guard.

His efficiency #'s currently ranked NUMBER ONE amongst every single transfer and grad transfer alike.

A guy to light up 3's, play smart offense, be a team player, scorer when necessary, provide a spark, and most importantly, play PG from time to time is something we desperately need.

Couldn't ask for a better transfer opportunity this year, imho.

I feel he's every bit as well rounded and good as Jordan Mathews and would compare them very closely.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    USF site lists him as 6'3 as well. So that would make 3 typos. Of course nobody listed as 6'3 really is, but I think you are confusing his skinny build w/ his height. Probably a legit 6'1 or 6'2.
    Definitely. And I would rather have a player that lacks weight, as opposed to lacking skill. Especially if you have S&C coach like Travis. Boum is just participating in the new trend: upward mobility. Another reason why it's going to be difficult for conferences that are outside a certain level of quality to improve without drastic changes.

This kid was a sleeper pick.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    I gotta say, people are really under-rating Cremo.
    I'll get excited about this kid (and his play) if he chooses to become a Zag. And I'd only compare him to Jordan Mathews if he makes the same decision about his Senior year that Jordan did.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I'll get excited about this kid (and his play) if he chooses to become a Zag. And I'd only compare him to Jordan Mathews if he makes the same decision about his Senior year that Jordan did.
    And if he makes a clutch 3 in sweet 16 to help us get to another final four!

That's really too bad for the WCC. He was so fun to watch - had moments where he absolutely shredded the zag defense. I enjoyed watching Boum and FF's fast paced offense.

It's a big loss... when I think about it, and I realize much of this was Rexy related, SF has lost a ton of talent in the last decade.

Villanova reaches out today:

'Nova interested in Albany transfer Joe Cremo

A Kansas Assistant also contacted him recently. He has already turned down Duke. He seems realistic about playing time, fit, and becoming a better player in his final season.

A very good interview via Texas Longhorns site with Joe:

Texas hosts important graduate transfer target.

“They play I style I like to really play. Just a bunch of guys that seem unselfish and play together… for me having a gym that has 24-hour access is big. Just being able to get in the gym whenever I want and have the resources…. It’s all about basketball at the end of the day. It’s not about facilities or arenas. It’s about basketball, and the fit.”
    “The whole point for me is to be a complete player,” he said when asked about the importance of a fit that will allow him to be more than just a shooter. “How can you be complete if you’re just a shooter? I want to elevate people around me, and make them the best they can be and try to do that on both ends of the floor. Scoring for me, I’ve never forced it. Let it come to me and play to my strengths… that’s what I’ve always seen with the best players.”
    He publicly announced a "Final 5" to the media, yet that was before Jay Wright came around. I still think Joe will remain focused on his Top-5. Interestingly, Gonzaga is the only school of his priority list who did not do an in-home visit with him.

No visit has been set up with us, but have to assume something is in the works...
    Last edited by raise the zag; 04-22-2018 at 07:54 AM.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Great buddy of mine who’s from NY but now lives in Bozeman (for the skiing) says this about Cremo via text today ....

Nice - he led our HS team to its only two state titles - which in NY is huge - it’s almost impossible for suburban boys to beat the NYC schools - rarely happens - he did it back to back - then played 3 or 4 years at Albany state now hopes to get deep in the tourney. I told my brother to let his dad know that he would get a warm welcome in Spokane - my brother and Joe’s dad are friends - j
    Be neat if we could land Cremo
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Villanova reaches out today:

'Nova interested in Albany transfer Joe Cremo

A Kansas Assistant also contacted him recently. He has already turned down Duke. He seems realistic about playing time, fit, and becoming a better player in his final season.

A very good interview via Texas Longhorns site with Joe:

Texas hosts important graduate transfer target.

He publicly announced a "Final 5" to the media, yet that was before Jay Wright came around. I still think Joe will remain focused on his Top-5. Interestingly, Gonzaga is the only school of his priority list who did not do an in-home visit with him.

No visit has been set up with us, but have to assume something is in the works...
    Sounds like OUR guy! He's a Zag but doesn't know it yet. I'm sure he will. Coaches don't ignore this type of kid. A Mathews or a Wesley. I do think he'd be a huge addition.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Sounds like OUR guy! He's a Zag but doesn't know it yet. I'm sure he will. Coaches don't ignore this type of kid. A Mathews or a Wesley. I do think he'd be a huge addition.
    Completely agree. IF he visits he's a Zag.

No doubt.

However, as good as our staff is/are, we have been occupied and focused on B-Will.

The week everyone did an in home with Cremo, we did one with Brandon Williams.

The wkend Cremo was hoping to visit, we adjusted to Williams moving to next wkend, etc.

I recognize how good of a talent Williams is, yet really want Joe to become a Zag. It would change his life, imo. And just think he is a perfect fit of trying to fit in, rather than taking over.

Hell, he has been public about not demanding a starting spot, just wants more than 10 mpg. Wants to "earn" PT and have a chance to play in March.

-- Coach Few

So what you guys and gals are saying is that he's the Cremo the crop?
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    I see what you did there.

Good I sure hope he ends up at GU. We've got a lot of cream in the coming crop. He'd sure fit right in.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png