Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: transfer thread, take three

Default transfer thread, take three

please don't get this one locked.

i hope we get cremo.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    please don't get this one locked.

i hope we get cremo.
    Maybe we could merge all three threads...
    " You gotta love the one who loves you "

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Maybe we could merge all three threads...
    o/t but welcome back.

So about spokane...
    Love the zags for life

An interesting hypothetical, say a highly desirable tx like Cremo states he wants to be a Zag.

Do we take the very very good bird in the hand, or do we wait until we hear from possible 2 year play and 5-star recruit, Williams?

I feel like we should be "all-in" on winning the N.C. next year. IF we had a commitment in hand from a guy as good as Cremo, we should snatch it up and close up the spot. The theory being that assuring ourselves of having "one" of them is the primary concern.

Of course, GoZags rightly pointed out that an entire iceberg lies below the surface we don't know about. I'm just throwing out a hypo for discussion purposes. It would not be an obvious call. But, based on the information WE have it seems like we need one of the two. If the 1 year player said he'd come, I might give up the 2 year player on the basis of assuring ourselves one of those guys for next year.

Interesting times.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

If it wasn’t for the Perkins injury I wouldn’t think another body was all that necessary or imperative. But we don’t know how quickly Perkins will recover, or whether he can gandle 35 minutes a game. For that reason, a pg that can come in and contribute at a high level could be key.

i'm excited about williams and think we have a chance -- but if cremo said he'd sign today, i'd send him the papers and not think twice. gotta take the sure thing.

have their been any updates on flynn? are we even definitively linked with him?

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Cremo in a tough spot basically having to wait on Williams’ decision before he can decide. IF he were to say to Zags he wants to come to GU before Williams decides, I can see Zags asking him to wait until they know what William is doing. Commiting to Cremo before then would seemingly take Zags out of the running for Williams.

I’d confirm w Cremo as soon as he wanted to commit.
    Dunno. I have a hard time believing Cremo is worried about B Will. Either would be a huge get but I’d prob lean with Cremo due to experience.
    Go Zags!!!

Back to the real topic--snow

In several parking lots around Spokane snow piles remained well into May.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    Dunno. I have a hard time believing Cremo is worried about B Will. Either would be a huge get but I’d prob lean with Cremo due to experience.
    In my opinion (strictly gut feeling) Brandon Williams is going to recommit to Arizona not Oregon or Gonzaga. His final three video was posted on April 16th (AFTER the Oregon visit) and the lyrics clearly state that he "isn't afraid to cross that line and pay up fines" and "that's my top three in the order" which is a pretty subtle hint of where he is leaning as of three days ago. The picture of Arizona was #1, Oregon was #2, and Gonzaga #3. My feeling is that the Arizona coaching staff's recruiting pitch have told him the maximum penalty they will receive from this FBI matter is nothing more than a fine so don't worry about any post-Season or NCAA ban talk. I do believe that depending on how the visit goes that Gonzaga will leapfrog Oregon but its not enough even with all the evidence that Gonzaga is the better fit for him that its not enough to pry him away from his childhood dream of playing for Arizona.

Cremo and Flynn commitments would be my preference.

Cremo dropped Oregon, let's get him in for a visit!

Quote Originally Posted by GorgeZag View Post
    Uh oh, maybe he heard that BWill is gonna be a duck

Quote Originally Posted by cjm720 View Post
    I was thinking thay is why a visit hasnt been scheduled, because he is waiting to see where b will goes.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    In my opinion (strictly gut feeling) Brandon Williams is going to recommit to Arizona not Oregon or Gonzaga. His final three video was posted on April 16th (AFTER the Oregon visit) and the lyrics clearly state that he "isn't afraid to cross that line and pay up fines" and "that's my top three in the order" which is a pretty subtle hint of where he is leaning as of three days ago. The picture of Arizona was #1, Oregon was #2, and Gonzaga #3. My feeling is that the Arizona coaching staff's recruiting pitch have told him the maximum penalty they will receive from this FBI matter is nothing more than a fine so don't worry about any post-Season or NCAA ban talk. I do believe that depending on how the visit goes that Gonzaga will leapfrog Oregon but its not enough even with all the evidence that Gonzaga is the better fit for him that its not enough to pry him away from his childhood dream of playing for Arizona.

Cremo and Flynn commitments would be my preference.
    First and foremost, if that ends up being true about AZ, then very disappointing. That a school would be ok with that kind of dishonesty, and a player would be ok, as well? I hope that's not the case. Would be interested to hear your take on Flynn, and why he's a preference of yours...

Quote Originally Posted by dhozagfan08 View Post
    I was thinking thay is why a visit hasnt been scheduled, because he is waiting to see where b will goes.
    did you seem post directly above yours? if our conspiracy theory is correct, BWill could be Eugene bound since Cremo canceled his trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by hondo View Post
    Back to the real topic--snow

In several parking lots around Spokane snow piles remained well into May.
    Hondo you were there................ But our "snow" dalliance was erased.
    Meanwhile. I do hope Cremo comes. He's an immediate need and a proven D1 player. With the offense Few's running these days, he'd fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by GorgeZag View Post
    Source??

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Source??
    Duckterritory lead writer. Said both Cremo and their other target Matt Mooney eliminated the ducks. For what that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    His final three video was posted on April 16th (AFTER the Oregon visit) and the lyrics clearly state that he "isn't afraid to cross that line and pay up fines" and "that's my top three in the order" which is a pretty subtle hint of where he is leaning as of three days ago. The picture of Arizona was #1, Oregon was #2, and Gonzaga #3. My feeling is that the Arizona coaching staff's recruiting pitch have told him the maximum penalty they will receive from this FBI matter is nothing more than a fine so don't worry about any post-Season or NCAA ban talk. I do believe that depending on how the visit goes that Gonzaga will leapfrog Oregon but its not enough even with all the evidence that Gonzaga is the better fit for him that its not enough to pry him away from his childhood dream of playing for Arizona.
    so, i'm on the record as saying that i think people are reading WAY too much into the lyrics of the song, including listing the reasons why. i am curious, do you have some knowledge or an argument in support of your interpretation? or is it just basically: "hey, there are words here, they MUST be meaningful"? it's an honest question; i can't tell whether your post is real insight or just another poster -- though admittedly a connected one -- falling into the same trap (my interpretation, obviously).

Just a thought:

In my mind, the time spent analyzing where the young man's mind is now is near irrelevant, because it appears he will not commit until he has visited GU.

To me, any order in his head prior to visiting GU is meaningless. He knows and respects the coaches, and has expectations about what a big time program should "look" and feel like. He may visit and see that GU is way more than he figured, may see that the guys are dead serious about winning next year, and see that he could play a role in a FF team at GU (but maybe not at the other places).

My overworded point is, he won't commit until after a visit. So, he will either be blown away/impressed and sign, or he will not. But, what he currently thinks is all formed without having visited GU, I would expect the school "not visited" to be 3rd on the list.

I'd rather spend time analyzing how they will sell Gonzaga - whether he thinks he's committed to AZ or UO or not - bc I have a great deal of faith that what we have to offer is hard to turn down, for anyone. Especially, a spot on this coming year's team.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Cremo highlights. Personally I'm not sold he's the missing piece. Heck of a shooter though.

Last edited by Worthington; 04-19-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Zach Johnson to Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I went through the lyrics of both songs with a fine-tooth comb. No secret messages detected

I don't recommend reading them for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    Cremo highlights. Personally I'm not sold he's the missing piece. Heck of a shooter though.

He is good though.

Very creative in the paint, his shot is crisp, clean, confident, automatic. His ball handling looks sound.

He is choosing b/w Texas, Creighton, Gonzaga, & Penn St.

I love this kids game. Totally sold, and I'm a skeptical person.

Imagine the shooting prowess of Perkins. Norvell. Cremo. Kispert in the backcourt.

ALL potentially over 40% 3pt guys.

I really hope we at least schedule a visit...and soon!
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    I went through the lyrics of both songs with a fine-tooth comb. No secret messages detected

I don't recommend reading them for yourself.
    As someone who lived many of his formative years in the 80's, I'd recommend listening to it backwards.